Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Washington Senators

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...pos_washington

YES!! When Angelos royaling fucked over the Orioles, I decided never to root for the O's untill Angelos died or retired. For the last 5 seasons or so, The only interest in baseball I retained was a hatred for the yankees. Now, I have a team.

Great so now the Expos are going to be like the Nordiques and the Jets of hockey. Everyone walking around with their logo like 10 years from now, yet they weren't fans of the bloody team originally, and probably like everyone ELSE around me, HATED THEM. I'll hear such wonderful idiocy like "Oh man, I wish they'd bring back the Expo's, they were so good!" or "Quebec need another team, remember the expos?"
    :qleft1: :new_cussi :qmickey: :evil7: :XXcat: :XXfish: :5crackup:

Comment

at least you won't have to root for tghe expos nymore.

Comment

Re: Washington Senators

Originally posted by DJeter1234
        [BThe only interest in baseball I retained was a hatred for the yankees.[/B]
        You and me both dude. Fuck the Yankees. Go BOSOX
        "We spoke to them in the only language they understood: the machine gun"

Comment

Raven, Winnipeg is a viable NHL city, Montreal is NOT a viable MLB city...you can't support a baseball team strictly based on population, the people must CARE. The people of Winnipeg care about hockey, the people of Montreal don't give two shits about baseball.

Comment

How'd you like to be a team employee who now has to leave Montreal (which, for all I enjoy gently joshing our Canadian friends, is supposedly a pretty nice place to live as cities go) and move to Washington, D.C. which can charitably be described as a slowly sinking filth-encrusted hell-hole?

Also, notice that the WDC mayor has weighed in with the opinion that the name "Senators" is unacceptable because DC doesn't have a Senator, so he wants the "Grays" to honor the old negro-league team. I guess that's not a bad thing to do, but the name sucks, and so does he.

I suggest a compromise: We please everyone by calling the team the "Pimps." It's colorful, it evokes imagery of D.C.'s vibrant street scene, and it's syntactically interchangeable with the term "Senators." Think about it. Come up with any typical sentence you might expect to find with the word "Senator" in it and replace it with "pimp" and see if it really changes the meaning at all.

Comment

well. the Rangers still own the name Senators, I'm sure that has something to do with it. Nevertheless, the name "The Grays" does suck.

Btw, have you ever been to DC? Ever been to the suburbs of DC?

Comment

I've got to say, finally the team will be in a place that actually wants them there.

Comment

Originally posted by I Choke You
                  Raven, Winnipeg is a viable NHL city, Montreal is NOT a viable MLB city...you can't support a baseball team strictly based on population, the people must CARE. The people of Winnipeg care about hockey, the people of Montreal don't give two shits about baseball.
                  Ironically, Winnipeg HAS been offered a NHL team since, but they don't want it. They are happy with their Moose, the farm team for the Canucks.

Comment

Don,

Yeah it does suck for the emplyees. I'm much rather the Expos stay and keep people employed.

Comment

Ironically, Winnipeg HAS been offered a NHL team since, but they don't want it. They are happy with their Moose, the farm team for the Canucks.
                      Um, no, the Mayor of Winnipeg is behind getting a team back in the city now...the people want it, the government wants it...it could happen.

Comment

I want Canadian Football to consolidate into a team just so we can beat your ass.

Comment

Because you certainly can't do it in hockey.
                          Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

https://www.instagram.com/bullshido/

Comment

Originally posted by I Choke You
                            Um, no, the Mayor of Winnipeg is behind getting a team back in the city now...the people want it, the government wants it...it could happen.
                            Ok, then things have changed, or what I read was false.
                            Last edited by Raven; 10/01/2004 1:23pm, .

Comment

Its weird man, like the Houston Texans.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X