ATTN: Omega

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATTN: Omega

When I visited, you mentioned that you kick in more of a TKD style, but that you knew how to "power up" your kicks. I was just curious exactly how you do so.
    Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!

"You all just got fucking owned.";
    "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

- The Wastrel

Duh....the chi baybee!

Gringo Grande
    MMA Record vs Llamas 0-1-0
    (The Llama bit my junk but the ref didn't see it).

Comment

LOL!!! That's an awesome pic on two accounts. It's hilarious AND the chick is hot.
      Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!

"You all just got fucking owned.";
      "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

- The Wastrel

Comment

Heh, got your email too on this;

When I say most of my kicks are TKD based realize that these are the "impractical" ones, basically the only one I throw that isn't TKD based is the Round house kick. Any kick I throw for power I do what I call a body lead or shift.

For example the Hook, whipping and axe kick I make sure my hip is leading on contact. Most TKD guys throw it from the knee. For the side, back, and front thrust and snap kick I do a hip push base foot hop.

Most guys don't expect my stocky body to be able to throw those kicks. If most guys can get out of the WTF sport mind they'll realize most of powerful kickers are in TKD. Watch some highlight videos of Heel II Cho if you don't believe. That man could drop a rhino with his kicks.

Comment

Originally posted by omega
          Heh, got your email too on this;

For example the Hook, whipping and axe kick I make sure my hip is leading on contact. Most TKD guys throw it from the knee. For the side, back, and front thrust and snap kick I do a hip push base foot hop.

This is interesting, sounds like you package your kicks mainly for movement and attack at the same time; well, it makes sense.

Not that I understand TKD kicks, but couple of points caught my attention. Throwing kicks from the knee and opening up (hips) on the kicks. My school's kicks mainly focus on hip motion. When I do open up the hips on kicks, it's done for distance and throwing the opponent off--at the expense of not being able to bring the leg back. I'm going try kick from the knee tonight just to see how that feels like.

Kicking dynamics is probably old topic, but I like to get more information about it.
          zenbert
          Hold me... :3some:

I love MA. Unlike many things in life, you get what you put in.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
          X