Well here we go I guess we might Pre-Empt Iran

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well here we go I guess we might Pre-Empt Iran

Damn you bush we can just wait and start a coup we dont need a fucking all out war. I hope this dumass dosent get re-elected. I guess the draft will be coming as well. O and Iran is oil-rich. Hmm maybe this whole war-terrorism is a war for oil.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...r_040926221905

CRAWFORD, United States (AFP) - US President George W. Bush (news - web sites) says "all options are on the table" for making sure Iran dismantles its nuclear program, and that Washington will never let Tehran acquire atomic weapons.

"My hope is that we can solve this diplomatically," Bush said in a three-part interview with Fox News Channel's "O'Reilly Factor" program, excerpts of which were made public on Sunday.

"Let me try to solve it diplomatically first," said Bush. "All options are on the table, of course, in any situation. But diplomacy is the first option."

The Bush administration has charged that oil-rich Iran does not need a civilian nuclear program for energy and that Tehran is actually seeking to acquire nuclear weapons.

Asked whether the United States would let Iran develop that capability, Bush replied: "No, we've made it clear, our position is that they won't have a nuclear weapon."

"We are working our hearts out so that they don't develop a nuclear weapon, and the best way to do so is to continue to keep international pressure on them," the president said.

Iran appealed Sunday for a negotiated settlement to its standoff with the UN atomic energy watchdog but showed no inclination to abide by a resolution calling for an immediate halt to its sensitive nuclear activities.

"No negotiations with the Americans are on the agenda, but we call on the Europeans to discuss with us," foreign ministry spokesman Hamid Reza Asefi told reporters.

Iran is under threat of being hauled before the UN Security Council amid widespread suspicions it is seeking the capacity to develop nuclear weapons.

In a resolution passed on September 18, the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) called on Iran to halt its uranium enrichment-related activities, a part of the nuclear fuel cycle that can be directed to both energy and weapons purposes.

Why do you think the draft is going to be reinstated?

Comment

If America invades Iran...things will go badly, however, Bush in no way indicated he intends to do that, I hope he just orders a coup.

Comment

actually, its been proposed by Bush twice. It was turned down by Congress twice to.

Comment

What surprises you about the fact that the U.S. won't allow Iran to develop nuclear weapons (or at least, that we say we won't?) Do you think that would change if Al Gore or John Kerry were President?

Get real.

Do you think Al Gore or John Kerry wouldn't say "All the options are on the table, of course. . . ."? If so, you must not think much of them. There's not much point in asking nicely if the other side believes that's as far as you're willing to go. One of the most important benefits of the Iraq war, whatever you think of the detriments, has been the ability to call up a world leader and mention "all the options" and have him understand that it's not just a rhetorical flourish.

Comment

Originally posted by Shug
            actually, its been proposed by Bush twice. It was turned down by Congress twice to.
            What a coup. And by the way do u go to Shippensburg University.

Comment

No actually, I go to HACC. I do live just awhile down from it on Orange Street though.

Comment

Originally posted by Shug
                Actually it was proposed twice by democrats and Bush said he would veto it.

Comment

eh, I just know it was proposed at one time or another and turned down. Thats what I get for going off second hand information

Comment

Originally posted by brandeissansoo
                    Actually it was proposed twice by democrats and Bush said he would veto it.
                    What a dick

Comment

Yep, that is what you get.

Comment

Don't be surprised if Israel takes the initiative and takes care of the "problem" whether we want them to or not. A nuclear Iran is a greater threat to Israel than to the USA.

Of course, we'll then condemn them publicly but thank them privately.

edited for spelling error.
                        Last edited by Leodom; 9/26/2004 7:31pm, .
                        People of integrity expect to be believed. When they're not, they let time prove them right.

Comment

I read that Israel lacks the military capability.

Comment

hahahahahaha

Comment

They lack fighter/bombers with the range to handle it, that's what I read...you can have AWESOME short-range capability, and they do, but still completely lack the ability to hit targets at long-range.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X