"Adults" vs "Teenagers" and the Internet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Adults" vs "Teenagers" and the Internet

Do you think adults and teenagers/college age kids act differently on the internet?

Since nobody feels like talking,

"Adults" grew up without the internet being a part of their daily lives. The internet was a very different place than it is today. I think that accounts for the differences in behavior on the internet

Comment

for some people the internet IS their life.
      Katana, on 540 kicks: "Hang from a ceiling fan with both hands. Flail your feet out and ask people to walk into you as you hit their face."

Comment

Originally posted by brandeissansoo
        Since nobody feels like talking,

"Adults" grew up without the internet being a part of their daily lives. The internet was a very different place than it is today. I think that accounts for the differences in behavior on the internet
        Hmm, I used BBS systems etc back when Internet wasn't yet publically available, so in that view I can't see much difference.

However, it seems teenagers take the shit they post & the responses they get more seriously... ie. get really pissed if you insult them as a joke or something. Whereas adults usually don't.

Comment

shut up you faggot

Comment

Originally posted by Jenfucius
            shut up you faggot
            Fyck you too fycker

Comment

I think Brand hit it pretty much bang-on, actually. Most "adults" who didn't grow up with the net (and some of us who did) simply see it as another interesting diversion, but only one facet of our lives,and a relatively small one.

However, there are many others who grew up on the net from younger than myself (like LLL, I started on BBSes when I was 10? 11?) For many, it's a much larger source of social stimulation. I'll be curious as to what happens when these people reach family-bearing age.
              Regards,
              CrimsonTiger

"Na'h, they should go to old school rules.
              One guy gets sword and sheild, the other gets a net and a trident.
              Lions eat christians between rounds." - Strong Machine

Comment

I dunno, I think that teenagers on the whole (ie those with non-internet lives) take the going ons much less seriously than adults, who are always complaining about accountability and etc. as if the discussions were face to face.

Comment

The thing that cracks me up is the 'we are scared of the internet' crowd.
                  Pathetic.
                  Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

https://www.instagram.com/bullshido/

Comment

Originally posted by CrimsonTiger
                    I think Brand hit it pretty much bang-on, actually. Most "adults" who didn't grow up with the net (and some of us who did) simply see it as another interesting diversion, but only one facet of our lives,and a relatively small one.

However, there are many others who grew up on the net from younger than myself (like LLL, I started on BBSes when I was 10? 11?) For many, it's a much larger source of social stimulation. I'll be curious as to what happens when these people reach family-bearing age.
                    "social stimulation" = wacking off?

Comment

Yeah, I agree with Djeter1234. Examples:

Captshady vs Deus vs Bopyd

DRD vs the west coast crew

CT vs boyd

Comment

You aren't of family-bearing age? ... WTF, we were so looking forward to cute kittens with you & Sharlintier.

Comment

I actually think the exact opposite of that.

Comment

Computers have ruined an entire generation
                            Tough is not how you act, tough is how you train.

Comment

which one?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X