Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does the United States have the most gun-related homocides in the entire world?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why does the United States have the most gun-related homocides in the entire world?

Interesting question that I'd like to hear some thoughts on. Tubby Michael Moore was supposed to ask the same question in "Bowling for Columbine" but went off on so many side tracks that the question was ignored almost competely.

In '94 the gun death rate was an UNTHINKABLE 14.24 per 100,000.

No other nation offs peopleat the psychotic rate that Americans do. Not Germany, Brittain, Japan, Canada, Australia, France....hell even Iraq.

There aren't that many stats that I can look up easily but we can take stats from just a few years earlier and form a loose comparison.

In 1998 over 30,000 people died from gun shots in the U.S. This includes suicudes and accidents.

In '96 we can compare stats with other countries and we come up with:

New Zealand: 2 dead by guns

Japan: 15 dead by guns

Great Britain: 30 people killed by guns

Canada: 106 people killed by guns

Germany: 211 killed by guns

United States: 9,390

Now it doesn't take a scholar to take a look at those numbers and think that theu're WAAAAY the fuck off huh? I mean, 9,000 compared the the HIGHEST being 211?! You mean to tell me thats not worthy of discussion?

I really dont have an answer for this question, except maybe our culture, but those other countries all have guns, the all have violent movies and video games, they DONT have prayer in school(just like us) they all have drugs and crime, poor people, high unemployment....people just aren't offing themselves on a record # like they are over here.

The question is why?

And try not to turn this into a gun control debate because gun control has nothing to do with this. Unless you somehow think otherwise.
    "All warfare is based on deception." -Sun Tzu, ca. 400BC

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

hey you ... what exactly is 9390 divided by 50?
    now you can compare

Comment

Re: Why does the United States have the most gun-related homocides in the entire world?

Originally posted by PeedeeShaolin
      And try not to turn this into a gun control debate because gun control has nothing to do with this. Unless you somehow think otherwise.
      Thank you, because gun control does not solve it. Without having verified your data, I will assume it is correct. they question is what percentage of those homocides involced ALREADY illegal guns? How many involve young males involved in either drug trade or drug use? I would ventire a majority.

The US is a relaively rich country. As long as there are people willing to spend good money for drugs, gangster willing to risk violence to ern that money, and a black market making it lucrative...there will be gun violence.

Comment

You're assuming that drugs play a major part in this. I dont think thats true but I dont have a way to verify it.

Even if it WAS true those other countires I spoke about ALL have drugs. Especially the YK where weed, coke and ecstacy are huge.

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

Comment

peedee..check out the reality fighting thread for an update.

Comment

1-source?
            2-#'s mean nothing. Percapita or percentage is better
            3-Punching is right to ask about illegal activities.
            4-More doctors kill people out of medical negligence NEGLIGENCE NOT ACCIDENt than guns.
            There is no cheating, there is only jiu-jitsu.

Comment

Originally posted by Smeagol
              now you can compare

Comment

now you can compare
                Why would I do that math?

There were 293 271 500 people in America in 2004.

In Germany, the place that gave birth to the Nazis, there were 82 633 200.

The U.S. doesn't even have 4 times the people of Germany, but we'll say we have 4 times the people to give your black and white case closed solution a chance.

By simple comparison there should have been 844 deaths in America then.

Now YOU can compare.

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

Comment

Comment

actually peedee is does not exactly work like that. We have more urban centres wihch generally have more violent crimes.

And does your data separate between police shootings and murders?

Comment

I was quoting only murders. The very first stat I gave, which I explained, included ALL deaths by guns.

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

Comment

In Germany, the place that gave birth to the Nazis
                        i think that is actually wrong but anyways.

Comment

i think that is actually wrong but anyways.
                          Back on topic, why sould I divide by 50?

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

Comment

because i did not know how many ppl live in usa.

Comment

what i'd say: it is far more easy for a stupid person in america to get a gun than elsewhere.
                              even i(!) as a german could've buyed a shotgun in any store while on vacation in the states[i asked the salesman].
                              in germany: no way.

oh and yes, iam implying that iam stupid.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X