what should i expect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what should i expect

exactly how long should it take you to become proficient in bjj. Last night I tried a class for the first time. Starting at the legs while kneeling with the opponent on his back I was able to pass and get side mount in about 1 minute on the first purple belt before he reversed..... got a wrist lock on a blue belt in about 1 minute he didn't tap but later said it was hurting and he thought close to causing injury so I should be careful ?? wtf? same guy with me on my back while he was going for full mount I got my arm around his neck (right arm going from the right of his back of neck to the left folding under the throat and linked with my other arm lifting up and back a little) buggered if I know what its called. again he wouldn't tap and I let go so he took mount and called it a win....... Now I know sweet fa about bjj but I thought I had these guys...wtf went on....was it just the cant loose to the first class no experience guy or am I way of base... third guy purple belt we rolled for about ten minutes nothing doing...
    thought id ask here based on the posters

now I have done a fair bit of chi sao and some mauy thai but never and bjj

Where did you train at?
    And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Comment

Where the hell are these guys coming from that are passing guard during free sparring within two weeks of their first practice?

I have to stop drinking.

Comment

Or people need to stop lying. :-)
        And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Comment

you do realise tai gip that no one takes oyu seriously anymore. go away.

Comment

Well, funny things can happen when you're:

a) Doing a one-armed sweeping drill

or

b) Going easy on the new guy and playing around

I was at this class. Now, I was busy with my own rolling, but I saw the purple belt that tai-gip is referring to. Now, this purple belt is considered a good fighter in an academy that has, in the last two years had one third place and one first place at the Mundials in the blue belts. He was playing around, because, quite simply, that's how he teaches the new guys about positions. If he wasn't, it would have been nasty.

And I'm wondering which blue belt you nearly tapped with a wristlock?

Comment

Wow! You met tai gip! This is big news!
              Imports from Japan, Shipping Worldwide! Art Junkie, Scramble, BJJ Spirits, Reversal...
              Scramble Stuff

Comment

Taigip you are just too kool.

Lying Fuckwit.

Comment

No, no I think he's just too new to realise that the better guys weren't messing him up.
                  Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Comment

Well, they can fix that next time.

Comment

so what does tai gip look like? and can he demonstrate his faster than light speed punching?

Comment

Originally posted by JKDChick
                        No, no I think he's just too new to realise that the better guys weren't messing him up.
                        That's exactly what I'm putting this down to. It doesn't really bother me at all, as everyone comes away with some misinformed opinions after the first training session.

A little time, and a little experience, and he'll learn.

Comment

Did he teach a bike fu clinic?

Comment

Tell us all about Tai Gip! Does he speak like he types? That would be sooooo cool!
                            Mr Politically Correct GIJoe6186:
                            Fat people disgust me in every way imaginable. I was at Freindly's with my girl tonight and saw a bunch of fat fuckers. I felt sorry for the pavement they were killing and the people who had to see them. .

Comment

Originally posted by supercrap
                              Wow! You met tai gip! This is big news!
                              He's right, that IS a bragging point. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, good for tai-gip, hopefully this will prove to be a learning experience for him. Even the wackiest can improve. :)

Originally posted by Matsufubu
                              Tell us all about Tai Gip! Does he speak like he types? That would be sooooo cool!
                              :D

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X