Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Demoralizing our troops

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Demoralizing our troops

    Many here talk about how it's just soooooo okay to speak so violently against the war, and I've openly disagreed. Heroes and heroins are made out of celebrities that have said so much, and in the same breath deny that saying such things does no damage to the men and women fighting for the U.S.
    Well I present to you two things, a quote and an article.

    First, from General Giap, North Vietnamese Defense Minister is quoted as saying: "If it wasn't for groups like the VVAW, Jane Fonda, and John Kerry, we would have surrendered to the Americans."

    Secondly, the following article:

    Question authority


    As Americans, we have a right to question our government and its actions. However, while there is a time to criticize, there is also a time to follow in complacent silence. And that time is now.

    It's one thing to question our leaders in the days leading up to a war. But it is another thing entirely to do it during the occupation of a country. Once the blood of young men starts to spill, it is our duty as citizens not to challenge those responsible for spilling that blood. We must remove the boxing gloves and put on the kid gloves.

    True patriots know that a price of freedom is periodic submission to the will of our leaders -- especially when the liberties granted us by the Constitution are at stake. What good is our right to free speech if our soldiers are too demoralized to defend that right, thanks to disparaging remarks made about their commander-in-chief by the Dixie Chicks?

    When the Founding Fathers authored the Constitution that sets forth our nation's guiding principles, they made certain to guarantee us individual rights and freedoms. How dare we selfishly lay claim to those liberties at the very moment when our nation is in crisis, when it needs us to be our most selfless.

    At this difficult time, President Bush needs my support. Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld needs my support. Vice-President Dick Cheney needs my support. It is not my function as a citizen in a participatory democracy to question our leaders. And to exercise my constitutional right -- nay, duty -- to do so would be un-American.

    #2
    Maybe if nobody spoke out against Vietnam we would have lost alot MORE troops so that bankers can wallow in their money.
    "All warfare is based on deception." -Sun Tzu, ca. 400BC


    Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

    Comment


      #3
      You're kidding right?

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by PeedeeShaolin
        Maybe if nobody spoke out against Vietnam we would have lost alot MORE troops so that bankers can wallow in their money.
        Originally posted by CaptShady
        "If it wasn't for groups like the VVAW, Jane Fonda, and John Kerry, we would have surrendered to the Americans."

        Comment


          #5
          Conditional free speech is not.
          Seriously, most likely grabbing somebodies crotch like that is only going to make your situation much, much worse. Unless the person doing the gullotine has no pants on, then it's okay as long as they bought you dinner first. - Kidnemo

          I don't know about angels, but it's fear that gives men wings - Max Payne

          Comment


            #6
            Umm yeah I disagree with the whole Iraq thing however I do support our troops.

            Comment


              #7
              Dochter is back!

              Comment


                #8
                Free speach, its a bitch, but it either is or it isn't, no middle road.
                That's why we have lawyers :)

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by OneWingedAngel
                  Conditional free speech is not.
                  No one is saying that they can't say what they say. Just saying what the result can be. There's justification, IMO in calling people that so violently and publicly criticize in times like this, "anti-American". Cause that's all that it damages .. Americans.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    "The subject who is truly loyal to the Chief Magistrate will neither advise nor submit to arbitrary measures." - Junius

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by CaptShady
                      No one is saying that they can't say what they say. Just saying what the result can be. There's justification, IMO in calling people that so violently and publicly criticize in times like this, "anti-American". Cause that's all that it damages .. Americans.
                      They're anti-American because they speak out against the government? I'm sorry, but there's more to being American than blind adherence to the government.
                      Seriously, most likely grabbing somebodies crotch like that is only going to make your situation much, much worse. Unless the person doing the gullotine has no pants on, then it's okay as long as they bought you dinner first. - Kidnemo

                      I don't know about angels, but it's fear that gives men wings - Max Payne

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by OneWingedAngel
                        They're anti-American because they speak out against the government? I'm sorry, but there's more to being American than blind adherence to the government.
                        HAHA true.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by OneWingedAngel
                          They're anti-American because they speak out against the government? I'm sorry, but there's more to being American than blind adherence to the government.
                          They're anti American because they hurt our troops, and help the enemy in their cause. Helping the enemy win in battle against us, is anti-American.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Re: Demoralizing our troops

                            Originally posted by CaptShady
                            (1)from General Giap, North Vietnamese Defense Minister is quoted as saying: "If it wasn't for groups like the VVAW, Jane Fonda, and John Kerry, we would have surrendered to the Americans."

                            ...


                            (2)It is not my function as a citizen in a participatory democracy to question our leaders.
                            1)Do you actually believe this?

                            2) The writer of the article is an imbecile.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by CaptShady
                              They're anti American because they hurt our troops, and help the enemy in their cause. Helping the enemy win in battle against us, is anti-American.
                              I gotta disagree here; I don't think they're demoralizing our troops(no ones speaking against the troops, just the leaders). Nor do I feel the enemy has been helped by what a handful of celebrities have said against our current administration. Not that I agree with them(the celebrities), just their right to say what they want.
                              Seriously, most likely grabbing somebodies crotch like that is only going to make your situation much, much worse. Unless the person doing the gullotine has no pants on, then it's okay as long as they bought you dinner first. - Kidnemo

                              I don't know about angels, but it's fear that gives men wings - Max Payne

                              Comment

                              Collapse

                              Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                              Working...
                              X