Demoralizing our troops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Demoralizing our troops

Many here talk about how it's just soooooo okay to speak so violently against the war, and I've openly disagreed. Heroes and heroins are made out of celebrities that have said so much, and in the same breath deny that saying such things does no damage to the men and women fighting for the U.S.
    Well I present to you two things, a quote and an article.

First, from General Giap, North Vietnamese Defense Minister is quoted as saying: "If it wasn't for groups like the VVAW, Jane Fonda, and John Kerry, we would have surrendered to the Americans."

Secondly, the following article:

Question authority

As Americans, we have a right to question our government and its actions. However, while there is a time to criticize, there is also a time to follow in complacent silence. And that time is now.

It's one thing to question our leaders in the days leading up to a war. But it is another thing entirely to do it during the occupation of a country. Once the blood of young men starts to spill, it is our duty as citizens not to challenge those responsible for spilling that blood. We must remove the boxing gloves and put on the kid gloves.

True patriots know that a price of freedom is periodic submission to the will of our leaders -- especially when the liberties granted us by the Constitution are at stake. What good is our right to free speech if our soldiers are too demoralized to defend that right, thanks to disparaging remarks made about their commander-in-chief by the Dixie Chicks?

When the Founding Fathers authored the Constitution that sets forth our nation's guiding principles, they made certain to guarantee us individual rights and freedoms. How dare we selfishly lay claim to those liberties at the very moment when our nation is in crisis, when it needs us to be our most selfless.

At this difficult time, President Bush needs my support. Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld needs my support. Vice-President Dick Cheney needs my support. It is not my function as a citizen in a participatory democracy to question our leaders. And to exercise my constitutional right -- nay, duty -- to do so would be un-American.

Maybe if nobody spoke out against Vietnam we would have lost alot MORE troops so that bankers can wallow in their money.
    "All warfare is based on deception." -Sun Tzu, ca. 400BC

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

Comment

You're kidding right?

Comment

Originally posted by PeedeeShaolin
        Maybe if nobody spoke out against Vietnam we would have lost alot MORE troops so that bankers can wallow in their money.
        Originally posted by CaptShady
        "If it wasn't for groups like the VVAW, Jane Fonda, and John Kerry, we would have surrendered to the Americans."

Comment

Conditional free speech is not.
          Seriously, most likely grabbing somebodies crotch like that is only going to make your situation much, much worse. Unless the person doing the gullotine has no pants on, then it's okay as long as they bought you dinner first. - Kidnemo

I don't know about angels, but it's fear that gives men wings - Max Payne

Comment

Umm yeah I disagree with the whole Iraq thing however I do support our troops.

Comment

Dochter is back!

Comment

Free speach, its a bitch, but it either is or it isn't, no middle road.
                That's why we have lawyers :)

Comment

Originally posted by OneWingedAngel
                  Conditional free speech is not.
                  No one is saying that they can't say what they say. Just saying what the result can be. There's justification, IMO in calling people that so violently and publicly criticize in times like this, "anti-American". Cause that's all that it damages .. Americans.

Comment

"The subject who is truly loyal to the Chief Magistrate will neither advise nor submit to arbitrary measures." - Junius

Comment

No one is saying that they can't say what they say. Just saying what the result can be. There's justification, IMO in calling people that so violently and publicly criticize in times like this, "anti-American". Cause that's all that it damages .. Americans.
                      They're anti-American because they speak out against the government? I'm sorry, but there's more to being American than blind adherence to the government.
                      Seriously, most likely grabbing somebodies crotch like that is only going to make your situation much, much worse. Unless the person doing the gullotine has no pants on, then it's okay as long as they bought you dinner first. - Kidnemo

Comment

They're anti-American because they speak out against the government? I'm sorry, but there's more to being American than blind adherence to the government.
                        HAHA true.

Comment

They're anti American because they hurt our troops, and help the enemy in their cause. Helping the enemy win in battle against us, is anti-American.

Comment

Re: Demoralizing our troops

(1)from General Giap, North Vietnamese Defense Minister is quoted as saying: "If it wasn't for groups like the VVAW, Jane Fonda, and John Kerry, we would have surrendered to the Americans."

(2)It is not my function as a citizen in a participatory democracy to question our leaders.
                            1)Do you actually believe this?

2) The writer of the article is an imbecile.

Comment

They're anti American because they hurt our troops, and help the enemy in their cause. Helping the enemy win in battle against us, is anti-American.
                              I gotta disagree here; I don't think they're demoralizing our troops(no ones speaking against the troops, just the leaders). Nor do I feel the enemy has been helped by what a handful of celebrities have said against our current administration. Not that I agree with them(the celebrities), just their right to say what they want.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X