Defense against the shoot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Defense against the shoot

Ok... Ive been working pretty extensively against the wrestlers/grapplers shoot, and Im just looking for more defenses.
    For the past week or so Ive been working pretty much against one leg shoots. Ive only got 2 defenses right now... But both work pretty well.
    First is just a basic sprawl, using the opposite elbow (from the leg they are shooting at) to jam their collarbone... I also use a variation on this, where instead of using the elbow to jam, I use the forearm for a crossface hold.
    The other defense is to pivot onto your ankle and turn it out, then take their back. Makes for an easy crucifix.

I was just curious as to other ways of defending the shoot, and if you contribute, please put which type of shoot it is used against. (Single leg, double leg high crotch, double leg low, etc...)

Are you fighting trained people or rookies?

Comment

The topic was sort of done. You can check this out Meat Shake:

http://bullshido.net/forums/showthre...threadid=15676
      Ghost of Charles Dickens

Comment

Don't forget the Guillotine.

Comment

"Are you fighting trained people or rookies?"

Both. Had been working against "untrained" (people who fight but arent grapplers) people, and a couple of weeks ago had an experienced collegiate wrestler show me that I needed some more work on my defense against the shoot.
          "Don't forget the Guillotine."
          Ahhh... yes. I did forget about that. :)

Thanks for the link freddy.

Comment

Just remember, a trained fighter won't shoot from outside, but from inside.
            Learning to control your bodyweight is essential, lowering your center of gravity, dropping "dead weight", are all things you need to perfect to protect from the "inside shoot", its very hard to sprawl a inside Sngl or DBL leg takedown.
            The guillotine is a great option, even if it doesn't work as a sub, it works to stop the shoot.
            Working arm bars and locks off/with your legs, would be a great assit.

Comment

CHI BLAST TO THE FOREHEAD
              MY NAME IS ANTAGONY I SUCK AT COMBAT SPORTS KTHX

"blahblahblah, but I don't think I'm going to train tonight."
              "Fag."
              "Well if that were true, then I'd really REALLY want to come train!"

Comment

My buddy, tired of being constantly taken down by anyone bothering to do a shoot on him, had a revelation the other week watching wrrrassslin' on TV. So, he shows up to train, and vows to destroy the first person who shoots in on him.
                It was not only hilarious. . .it worked!

the technique?
                a good ol' fashioned bulldog! As the opponent shot in, he pivotedto the side, got a headlock on the guy, jumped forward a few feet, and landed on his butt.
                I'm still lmao.

`~/
                sigpic

Comment

Nothing compared to the "flying cock" to the ear defence.

Comment

r69~
                    but, master. . .that is your secret technique. . .
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Meex
                      r69~
                      but, master. . .that is your secret technique. . .
                      I don't know how secret it is since I've read him saying "flying cock" about 6 times today.

Comment

does "flying cock" have anything to do with "Detachable penis" of the 80s?

Comment

it's secret because no one else knows how to do it with gi/tights on!
                          sigpic

Comment

Ssshhhhh......

Comment

Originally posted by Meat Shake

Thanks for the link freddy.
                              My pleasure! :)
                              Ghost of Charles Dickens

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X