Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BirdmanJ
    replied
    Some say a nice haduken will do the trick...

Leave a comment:

• Ronin
    replied
    Don't take ANYONE'S word for it, try it out and see for yourself.
    The MA are about experimentation.
    You have to do it to see if it works.
    Right?

Leave a comment:

• PoleFighter
    replied
    Well, I guess my secret weapon is obsolete even before its first testrun then...

Leave a comment:

• BaguaZhang
    replied
    damn some of these post are fucking dumb. Does anyone use "Search"???

Leave a comment:

• Ronin
    replied
    Originally posted by PoleFighter
    I've only ever found one vital point that works..the little area behind your earlobes. Try putting a finger in there. Hurts like hell. I think it could be usefull in a ground grappling context.
    Been tried before, doesn't work.
    Oh it is uncomfortable, but not as much as the guy you try to apply it to, smashing his elbow into your face for example.

Leave a comment:

• PoleFighter
    replied
    I've only ever found one vital point that works..the little area behind your earlobes. Try putting a finger in there. Hurts like hell. I think it could be usefull in a ground grappling context.

Leave a comment:

• Feryk
    replied
    From Snopes.com:

In the aftermath of Houdini's death, the assumption was made that the blows to his stomach and his ruptured appendix were related. It seemed a logical conclusion at the time, even to his doctors, and so the legend began. With the advantage of several decades of hindsight, however, we now know this explanation to be impossible: no cases of acute appendicitis caused by physical trauma have since been documented. The blows to Houdini's stomach may indeed have hastened his death, but in a way different than commonly believed: he was likely already suffering from appendicitis at the time Whitehead struck him, and he may have written off his subsequent stomach pain as being caused by the punches he took rather than the appendicitis. Had the dressing room incident not occurred, Houdini might have realized the pain was an indicator that something was very wrong and not delayed so long in seeking medical treatment.

This is the final paragraph of a very long article debunking this urban myth. Google "Houdini+Death" and you'll find it.

Leave a comment:

• Ronin
    replied
    Haven't we already had enough threads on dim mak, vital points and one-shot kills ??
    This has been debated till Jesus himself said STFU !!

Leave a comment:

• J-kid
    replied
    I think Houdidi got hit one to many times and was probley suffering from interneil bleeding.

Leave a comment:

• LordMitchell
    replied
    :Nods:

I read a biography of him...Apparently, he bragged that he could take a direct hit to the stomach, so some guy promptly gave him a POWERFUL punch to the stomach...

Houdidi keeled over, then explained he had to tense up first...Did, and he took the hit without flenching.

A few hours later, he collapsed onstage, I think he died in the hospital or something...

So...no one-hit immediate kill.

And, since I'm a newbie, do Submission Holds, etc, count as one-hit kills?

Leave a comment:

• Freddy
    replied
    Hey wasnt the stage escape artist Houdini (sp?) killed by a single punch to the stomach during a demo?

I'm sure getting a solid blow to the solar plexus or throat region can potentially kill. When it happens I would thing its somewhat rare.

Leave a comment:

• Spunky
    replied
    I assumed deadly means that you can attack said targets to produce death if medical attention is not recieved. Under that condition, you could theoretically damage targets such as the liver, kidneys, brain, throat, spinal chord, phrenic nerve, cause severe internal bleeding, induce neurogenic shock, etc, with a single powerful strike.

It would of course require a perfect setup, uncanny timing, and an incredibly well-conditioned punch. In other words, you are so bad ass by this point you shouldn't even be reading some internet forum for advice, and should become an island dwelling megalomaniac surrounded by a private army of McDojo lemmings to protect you from 70's superspies.

Alternatively, you could learn how to use a knife.

Leave a comment:

• PizDoff
    replied
    Originally posted by J-kid
    There is only one way to do a 1 hit kill. That is to hit them in the heart and cause the heart to stop. Its not so much power as luck seeing how the only times i have ever heard of this crazy thing happening is when kids play open chest, *a game where they take turns punching each other in the chest* someone can link a story or something talking about this rare problem. But anyways you have about the same chance of doing that to someone in a fight as winning a billion dollars from a homeless guy.

hope this helps
    It is blunt force trauma in the chest. Not a really blow either.

Seach on this forum for a thread called 'Commotio Cordis' or something like that by myself. And google is as well...if you really care.

Leave a comment:

• PoleFighter
    replied
    That doesn't matter if you have knife and spear hands, now does it?

Leave a comment:

• Ronin
    replied
    Ah yes, the infamous 36 vital points.
    108 in total, 36 of which are deadly.
    Now, if we only had the definition of deadly. ;)
    It should be made clear that, the majority of "deadly points" are for sharp weapons and not empty hands.
    But for some reason CMA always seem to forget that part.

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X