GOP platform seeks OFFICAL CONSTITUTIONAL BAN on gay marriage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GOP platform seeks OFFICAL CONSTITUTIONAL BAN on gay marriage

Republican leaders are pushing hard for a platform that demands a constitutional ban on gay marriage. This represents the first time the GOP, and not just Preisdent Bush, will be taking this stand officially. In 2000, the platform wanted a more general "marriage is between a man and a woman" stance.

The platform was shown to delegates on Wedesday and caused an angry debate.

And big Dick Cheney is against it:
    Campaigning in Iowa on Tuesday, Vice President Dick Cheney (news - web sites) made it clear he does not favor the amendment supported by his boss, saying existing federal and state laws "may be sufficient to resolve this issue." But he deferred to Bush in saying "the president makes policy for the administration."

Cheney, whose daughter Mary is a lesbian, said: "People ought to be free to enter into any kind of relationship they want to."
    If the Republicans back an all out ban of gay marriage it could be the nail in President Bush's.

Take our tax dollars, send our troops to die, fuck up our economy but do NOT tell Americans what they can and cannot do.
    "All warfare is based on deception." -Sun Tzu, ca. 400BC

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

It seems kind of funny that the VP and the P don't see eye to eye on the gay stuff. I guess those republicans really do stick together huh? Rally around the flags boys but don't bring any of those buttpirates, their not "real" Americans.

Comment

once agian, it's not an issue of morality it's an issue of money. which may or may not be worse, but either way it's more an issue of money than it is morality

Comment

This is just one issue of many. Bush's push for legislating HIS morality is an avenue this country SO DOES NOT want to make. It will be an historic, devastating change to the US's future.

Comment

You think insurance companies are going to pay out to GAY FUCKERS that work for our society as WELL as "normal" humans?

Keeep dreaming.

Those companies will fight this tooth and nail and contribute as much money as necessary to stop it.

Can you imagine the HEARTACHE an insurance company would have if they have to pay some college professors HUSBAND'S health care?? They might actually make LESS MONEY than they do NOW! HEAVEN FORBID!

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

Comment

It's not the insurance companies it's social security

Comment

I don't like it when people mess with the constitution. This is just abuse and it is not cool! :mad:

But why Mr. Mantis? You may ask. Here is my reasoning.

The federal law and Courts have never had jurisdiction over domestic relations. That is up to the states. This is another attempt to take power away from the states, under the guise of "interstate commerce"

Another problem I have with it is that when the constitution is used to limit freedom, it is a disaster. Prohibition created more crime and opportunity for crime than it sought to prevent.

I am against gay marriage, and I am against amending the constitution, and this conduct by the Bush administration is one of the main reasons I tend to be against Bush!
              “We are surrounded by warships and don’t have time to talk. Please pray for us.” — One Somali Pirate.

Comment

Insurance companies pay medical care for a SPOUSE in most cases also.

Social security will be dead by the time your 20 years away from collecting what you paid into your whole life.

Kiss that money goodbye.

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

Comment

Insurance companies don't give a shit who they insure. even if it were a gay couple the the insurance companie would still be collecting money on the "spouse"

Comment

oh and I worked at starbucks about a year ago and they offered a self funded plan to their employees where you could put your "life partner" on the plan. the reinsurance carrier was aetna so..... i guess it's not insurance companies.

Comment

You're just mad because you're never getting married because of this aren't you?

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

Comment

nah I'm already marrried

Comment

Does Bush know?

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

Comment

yeah

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                            X