Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peter H.
    replied
    When I step in and go with guys younger than me, I hold my own or routinely hand it to them, for like the first minute or two. Then the endless energy of youth takes over, and my tired old ass needs a lazy-boy and a beer before I'm ready to go into the next round.

The only thing I can contiunally taunt them on is bumping and ukemi (same thing really), but I think thats more 'cause I just don't have the brain cells left to tell me, "Hey, that hurts, stop it"
    Last edited by Peter H.; 8/30/2004 8:35am, .

Leave a comment:

• Ronin
    replied
    I voted YES, because this part here:
    " I like humiliating guys younger than me "

You may be in need of getting your ass kicked by a 16year old, its a very liberating experience.

Leave a comment:

• Peter H.
    replied
    Yeah, looks like I'll be lacing up the gloves again. Although I understand they make pull on gloves now. (Just kidding, I'm not that old). I won't start for about a month, I gotta clear up some other stuff first. But I will keep everyone updated on the immenent demise of the remaing brain cells.

Leave a comment:

• Gezere
    replied
    Just to let you know I picked.
    Where is this at? I want a piece of you
    I laced up again 3yrs ago after a long hiatus. I am the oldest person on the team, besides the coach who is just ancient. And I am one of the top boxers in the area. Plus I wrestle also. So no excuses, BITCH and wrap up!:D

Leave a comment:

• j416to
    replied
    Originally posted by meowrsx
    So that's why whenever I bring jello on a trip it's all fucked up.
    You fuck your jello??....now that's just wrong.

Leave a comment:

• j416to
    replied
    Originally posted by Traditional Tom
    you'll end up losing something that you'll get back j416to? that doesnt sound too bad :D
    and actually, I don't smoke the funny stuff, which makes it even more depressing for me :(
    ack!...sorry....typo.....It was suppose to read " you'll end up losing something you WON'T get back"

if you're lucky it might be the memory of a bad date, or a lousy meal. If you're unlucky you might lose your ability to talk, or see, or coordinate your mind and body.

Leave a comment:

• Greese
    replied
    What does 4 concussions mean, medically, anyways?
    Damn likely to get a 5th.

Leave a comment:

• runsun
    replied
    In the boxing gym, you're not going to be fighting everyday, so I wouldn't worry about the concussions. Mostly, you'll probably be just working out, and if you get in the ring, you'll probably be doing body work.

If you got limits (concerned about your concussions), let them know.

Leave a comment:

• meowrsx
    replied
    Originally posted by j416to
    Each time you have a concussion, you're actually accumulating brain damage. The more severe the concussion, the more brain damage you've suffered. Your brain is like jello in bowl, and each time the jello smacks against the side of the bowl it gets damaged, it tears and rips, deep within, and is never repaired. This damage now prevents the neurons from travelling the appropriate paths to their assigned destinations, the nerve centers that control your motor functions, speech, hearing, thought. If the damage is minor, or if it happens at a very young age, your neurons can sometimes develop alternate paths, detours around the damage areas. But if the damage is severe enough, you'll end up losing something that you'll get back.
    So that's why whenever I bring jello on a trip it's all fucked up.

Leave a comment:

• JOHN DOE
    replied
    you'll end up losing something that you'll get back j416to? that doesnt sound too bad :D
    and actually, I don't smoke the funny stuff, which makes it even more depressing for me :(
    hmmm.maybe you might wanna start j/k

Leave a comment:

• Traditional Tom
    replied

Leave a comment:

• j416to
    replied
    Each time you have a concussion, you're actually accumulating brain damage. The more severe the concussion, the more brain damage you've suffered. Your brain is like jello in bowl, and each time the jello smacks against the side of the bowl it gets damaged, it tears and rips, deep within, and is never repaired. This damage now prevents the neurons from travelling the appropriate paths to their assigned destinations, the nerve centers that control your motor functions, speech, hearing, thought. If the damage is minor, or if it happens at a very young age, your neurons can sometimes develop alternate paths, detours around the damage areas. But if the damage is severe enough, you'll end up losing something that you'll get back.

Leave a comment:

• JOHN DOE
    replied
    Big deal, I have enough trouble remembering basic things sometimes, I have no concussions (yet), and I'm only 17
    Any updates on the boxing thing meing?
    quit smoking the funny stuff;)

Leave a comment:

• Traditional Tom
    replied
    Big deal, I have enough trouble remembering basic things sometimes, I have no concussions (yet), and I'm only 17
    Any updates on the boxing thing meing?

Leave a comment:

• JOHN DOE
    replied
    What does 4 concussions mean, medically, anyways?

not sure but i am starting to forget short term shit more times than not and im only 32.

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X