No announcement yet.

Getting back into boxing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

with four previous concusions i'd try to block :).what can it hurt to try it out.
    JOHN DOE
    Hmmm. I'll kill him. I'll kill him dead. Like with, with a, rock or something. Like a, like a stone.
    evil master betty

Comment

Originally posted by Traditional Tom
      What does 4 concussions mean, medically, anyways?

not sure but i am starting to forget short term shit more times than not and im only 32.
      JOHN DOE
      Hmmm. I'll kill him. I'll kill him dead. Like with, with a, rock or something. Like a, like a stone.
      evil master betty

Comment

Big deal, I have enough trouble remembering basic things sometimes, I have no concussions (yet), and I'm only 17
        Any updates on the boxing thing meing?

Comment

Big deal, I have enough trouble remembering basic things sometimes, I have no concussions (yet), and I'm only 17
          Any updates on the boxing thing meing?
          quit smoking the funny stuff;)
          JOHN DOE
          evil master betty

Comment

Each time you have a concussion, you're actually accumulating brain damage. The more severe the concussion, the more brain damage you've suffered. Your brain is like jello in bowl, and each time the jello smacks against the side of the bowl it gets damaged, it tears and rips, deep within, and is never repaired. This damage now prevents the neurons from travelling the appropriate paths to their assigned destinations, the nerve centers that control your motor functions, speech, hearing, thought. If the damage is minor, or if it happens at a very young age, your neurons can sometimes develop alternate paths, detours around the damage areas. But if the damage is severe enough, you'll end up losing something that you'll get back.

Comment

you'll end up losing something that you'll get back j416to? that doesnt sound too bad :D
              and actually, I don't smoke the funny stuff, which makes it even more depressing for me :(

Comment

you'll end up losing something that you'll get back j416to? that doesnt sound too bad :D
                and actually, I don't smoke the funny stuff, which makes it even more depressing for me :(
                hmmm.maybe you might wanna start j/k
                JOHN DOE
                evil master betty

Comment

Originally posted by j416to
                  Each time you have a concussion, you're actually accumulating brain damage. The more severe the concussion, the more brain damage you've suffered. Your brain is like jello in bowl, and each time the jello smacks against the side of the bowl it gets damaged, it tears and rips, deep within, and is never repaired. This damage now prevents the neurons from travelling the appropriate paths to their assigned destinations, the nerve centers that control your motor functions, speech, hearing, thought. If the damage is minor, or if it happens at a very young age, your neurons can sometimes develop alternate paths, detours around the damage areas. But if the damage is severe enough, you'll end up losing something that you'll get back.
                  So that's why whenever I bring jello on a trip it's all fucked up.

Comment

In the boxing gym, you're not going to be fighting everyday, so I wouldn't worry about the concussions. Mostly, you'll probably be just working out, and if you get in the ring, you'll probably be doing body work.

If you got limits (concerned about your concussions), let them know.

Comment

What does 4 concussions mean, medically, anyways?
                      Damn likely to get a 5th.
                      And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Comment

ack!...sorry....typo.....It was suppose to read " you'll end up losing something you WON'T get back"

if you're lucky it might be the memory of a bad date, or a lousy meal. If you're unlucky you might lose your ability to talk, or see, or coordinate your mind and body.

Comment

Originally posted by meowrsx
                          So that's why whenever I bring jello on a trip it's all fucked up.
                          You fuck your jello??....now that's just wrong.

Comment

Just to let you know I picked.
                            Where is this at? I want a piece of you
                            I laced up again 3yrs ago after a long hiatus. I am the oldest person on the team, besides the coach who is just ancient. And I am one of the top boxers in the area. Plus I wrestle also. So no excuses, BITCH and wrap up!:D
                            ______
                            Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
                            -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
                            The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
                            -Daniel Tosh

Comment

Yeah, looks like I'll be lacing up the gloves again. Although I understand they make pull on gloves now. (Just kidding, I'm not that old). I won't start for about a month, I gotta clear up some other stuff first. But I will keep everyone updated on the immenent demise of the remaing brain cells.
                              "Quiet fool before I am kicking the butt!"
                              -My three year old trash talking to me

"Integrity can't be bought or sold---you either have it or you don't."
                              -The Honky Tonk Man

"If you can't be a shining example, at least be a dire warning."
                              -My Father to me one day

"No surprise. Until Aikido sheds its street-brawling, thuggish image, it'll never be mainstream."
                              -Don Gwinn

Comment

I voted YES, because this part here:
                                " I like humiliating guys younger than me "

You may be in need of getting your ass kicked by a 16year old, its a very liberating experience.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X