Changing to Kickboxing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing to Kickboxing

Good for you man! Best of luck to ya. Let us know how it went.

Comment

The best thing about starting a new MA is changing the style field in your profile.

*choke*

Comment

Originally posted by Kidnemo
        The best thing about starting a new MA is changing the style field in your profile.

*choke*

Comment

Comment

Change must be tough I did the whole TMA to muay thai thing a few weeks ago. Wasn't as bad though because I took 2 weeks of kyokushin right before goin to muay thai, the daily beatings I got there helped me prepare for the conditioning and stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Shorinjiryu1024
              Change must be tough I did the whole TMA to muay thai thing a few weeks ago. Wasn't as bad though because I took 2 weeks of kyokushin right before goin to muay thai, the daily beatings I got there helped me prepare for the conditioning and stuff.
              Yeah,after half the session I was like tumling around in a tired-as-fuck haze.
              And those lowkicks hurt :(

Comment

Sounds much like my switch from the kung fu to the bjj.

Comment

Yeah I know what you mean man, Im still debating whether I should go back to my Goju Ryu, just doing conditioning, boxing, and kickboxing holds MUCH more appeal for me right now.
                  Would you rather your instructor call you a retard and tell you to move your pussy ass harder? He was just offering encouragement, after you've been there for a bit he'll probably (hopefully) start getting your technique better. If he doesnt... dum dum dum dummmm

If you do like him insulting you, you may want to look into BDSM as a past time activity, you sick, sick bastard

lol

ahh anyways, keep us updated, pictures would be great :D

Comment

...just so long as they aren't as ghey as your usual pictures, McDojo Artist. That means no gratuitous male nudity, none!
                    Mr Politically Correct GIJoe6186:
                    Fat people disgust me in every way imaginable. I was at Freindly's with my girl tonight and saw a bunch of fat fuckers. I felt sorry for the pavement they were killing and the people who had to see them. .

Comment

Originally posted by Matsufubu
                      ...just so long as they aren't as ghey as your usual pictures, McDojo Artist. That means no gratuitous male nudity, none!

Comment

Damn, I switched to MT after 5 years of Shotokan. We did hard workouts in Shotokan, so I didn't gas out much in MT, but it was humbling to see how little I knew how to fight after all those years in Karate.

On the other hand, I think the emphasis on hip rotation, focus, and stance in Shotokan helped reduce the MT learning curve alot. I think you'll also find that after a few months, you'll punch harder than most of your MT class thanks to the Shotokan training.

Comment

Heh, I made the switch to Muay Thai after 8 years of TKD. The only real difficult part of the transition was retraining my roundhouse kick (the TKD roundhouse and MT roundhouse are two completely different animals). I spent 2 solid weeks an hour a day doing nothing but roundhouse the heavy bag to drill out my old instincts.

And ja, it hurts like a bitch during the first parts of shin coniditoning and low kicks, but you get used to it ^_^
                          "Emevas,
                          You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Comment

Comment

Just relax and drink a lot of orange juice.

Should only put you out two days tops as long as you take it easy.
                              MY NAME IS ANTAGONY I SUCK AT COMBAT SPORTS KTHX

"blahblahblah, but I don't think I'm going to train tonight."
                              "Fag."
                              "Well if that were true, then I'd really REALLY want to come train!"

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X