Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why are you in Martial Arts?

Well why are you in Martial Arts?

Don't get carried away asshole because I'm gonna give you a fight that you'll never forget!

well iam not the strongest and i need somthing to protect myself. also for something to do and to keep in shape, and now ever sinse i started training i have fell in love with martial atrs and i hope to teach them someday.

Comment

You'll love this... I used to do Ballroom dancing when I was 21. My teacher became too ill to teach, so I needed something else to do on a monday night. One of my friends who also danced had the same problem. He saw an advert for a Jujitsu club in the local sports center running on mondays and wednesdays, so we went along and really enjoyed it. Apart from when I'm badly injured, I've been doing martial arts for just over ten years now.
      Taking responsibility for my actions since 1989

Comment

Haha SamHarber that is funny! I do it because I have been in it since I was little. Then when I saw that it could work i have stuck with it and love it. I can think of nothing else to do.

Don't get carried away asshole because I'm gonna give you a fight that you'll never forget!

Comment

I did Cerio Kempo when I was 6-8 years old back east, south of Boston. Then it was just "fun" to do so I entually stopped going and just played soccer. When I moved to Vegas before my freshman year of highschool, the attitude towards your team mates was totally different than back east. Back there if you messed up a shot or did a bone head move your team mates wouldn't belittle you on the field, out here in Vegas it seems like one of the rules is to belittle everyone on your team. My mom got me back into Karate to build up my confidence on the soccer field. Her Mistake :)

After the spring season during my 9th grade year, I never played soccer on a team again. Martial Arts at that point become a point of freedom, it allowed me to get my physical activity that ones needs to stay balanced, but allowed me to go at my own pace. If I messed up, I'd just do it again and again and again till I got it right, I didn't have anybody waiting on me other than myself. I didn't have asshole team mates talking shit or some middle aged fuck who couldn't run a fraction of what he made us run and then call me lazy.

So I guess if you cut down what I said, I'm in martial arts because all the work I put into I get out, nobody benefits from my training so I own what I do and when I do it. So basicly, I'm in Martial Arts because I'm selfish :)

"But some apes they gotta go, so we kill the ones we don't know" - 'Ape shall never kill Ape' by The Vandals

Edited by - matzahbal on December 18 2002 16:19:53
          Apu: "Oh! You have just been Apu'd!"

Comment

My mom made me.

Go away I'm talking to myself

Comment

its therapy for me.

Comment

I started Martial Arts because I have always wanted to try it, ever since seeing Bruce Lee in the Movies. However, there was never a school near by, and my parents could not afford it.

Now, as a father, both my kids wanted to try it, so I joined with them to both fill a life long dream, and to have an activity we could all share.

Knowing it is not enough, we must apply.
                Willing is not enough, we must do.
                Knowing it is not enough, we must apply.
                Willing is not enough, we must do.

Never approach a Bull from the front, a Horse from the rear, or a Fool from any direction!

He who dares not offend cannot be honest. -- Thomas Payne

Comment

"You'll love this... I used to do Ballroom dancing when I was 21"

ahaha!!!!!! you used to ballroom dance? haha you shitstabber. i bet you jerk off to liberace songs as well.

Comment

I just felt like taking it, then met a friend who was doing JiuJutsu... then I got online and learned more, and now here I am!

<Me> John, what do you know about Zen Buddhism? <John> *smacks me*
                    <John> I'd have to smack you sometime...
                    Katana, on 540 kicks: "Hang from a ceiling fan with both hands. Flail your feet out and ask people to walk into you as you hit their face."

Comment

I have been doing it for over 1/2 my life now, and when I don't do it, I drink too much, I watch too much t.v., I get fat, and a feel like crap. I have had burn out periods, but I have finally accepted that this is a permanent part of my life that I am empty without.

Comment

I've been in law enforcement for over twenty years and have trained in martial arts for over nineteen.....I was a State Trooper for 13 years before becoming a Federal Agent...I've had to fight alot, especially as a Trooper. It's just you and the guy or guys you are trying to arrest. You may be 30 minutes away from getting any back up. The guy you are fighting knows he is going to jail anyway and doesn't have much to lose....Not like fighting in a ring where you shake hands and both go home afterward.

Initially, I trained to learn techniques that would help me end a fight as quickly as possible. Stuff that worked, I stuck with, stuff that didn't, I trashed.

As the years have passed I find myself training for the fun of it and to stay in shape....I still lift weights 3 times a week and do cardio every day. I use the MA training to supplement my workouts.

Comment

Excellent

Comment

I had no choice.

Me and my three brothers were sadly abandoned by our parents when we were infants.
                            Death looked likely, luckily for us we were on solids at the time and managed to exist on leftover takeaway food before starvation set in.

It was then that we were rescued by a kindly individual who would turn out to be a master of the secret art of ninjustsu.....

Comment

When I think about, I have no clue why I am doing martial arts. It's just a feeling I get whenever anything about it comes up. I enjoy fighting and working out whenever I get the chance. I like hitting the bags, doing stupid low stances, getting in the splits for 15 min. And I have no idea why I do enjoy it. I don't even care if I learn anything valuable. Martial arts seems to be stuck in my brain somehow.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X