when news-releases attack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when news-releases attack

a few weeks ago, I heard an interview from a reporter of the New Republic talking about his story of how the Bush administration was pushing Pakistan to make high-recognized terror arrests before the election and specifically during the four days of the Democratic convention.

http://www.tnr.com/doc.mhtml?i=20040719&s=aaj071904

And of course, they do (as the update shows, and, "Although the capture took place in central Pakistan "a few days back," the announcement came just hours before John Kerry will give his acceptance speech in Boston"

On top of that, we apparently got Zarqawi today (friday of the convention). Nice timing.

huhhttp://www.albawaba.com/news/index.php3?sid=282053&lang=e&dir=news

Now we all know that this timing is manipulated a la Bad News Friday, but isn't this kind of extreme? For the older posters, have you ever seen such a major event used like this?

Clinton bombing various countries to distract from crap he shouldn't have lied about in the first place...I remember some comedian, mabye Letterman or Leno, saying 'Blockbuster guarantees that if they don't have 'Wag the Dog' in stock, you can watch CNN for free.'" The worst part was, that movie came out on video at almost exactly the same time as Clinton commenced bombing Bagdad...

Comment

yeah, I am 20 y/o so I remember that one, although if i remember correctly he bombed Iraq for kicking out the weapon inspectors, and got them back in.

Comment

And we all know how well that turned out...

Comment

why don't you write a poem about it :-D

Comment

Ah, more of that "vast right wing conspiracy" that people love to harp about.

Comment

There is no vast right wing conspiracy. Ripping people off and stealing their tax dollars when you sub-contract isnt even all that sophisticated. It just relies on a lazy and stupid populous to ignore it.
              "All warfare is based on deception." -Sun Tzu, ca. 400BC

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
              X