Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roidie McDouchebag
    replied
    Judo does have throws and submissions and so on, but the problem is what is neglected...wrestling type takedowns, submissions from the guard, etc.

"Someone once told me judo has no crucifix:"

Man, fuck that, I guess I embarassed one of the black belts at the local Judo club when I took him down and submitted him a few times, so when he had the opportunity, he did a foot sweep on me and JUMPED into a crucifix...and this after the head instructor had specifically reminded everyone NOT to attack the spine in ANY WAY. That piece of shit almost broke my neck...the moral of the story? Cheat in PRACTICE if you get embarassed by someone who is a lower rank than you. I couldn't train at all for a couple weeks, and I did consider just punching the guy...but I guess then he'd only take that out on somebody else...there ought to be a maturity test when you get your black belt.

Leave a comment:

• FledglingTengu
    replied
    I've always wondered

Can anyone explain this to me? It's called Ude Gaeshi. It seems like something i've seen in other arts, but I can't put my finger on what it is or how it works.

editied because I suck and can't get the image to display right, even though I'm using the image button.

The throw is on Judo Info.

Anyone used/taught that throw, or even really know it?
    Last edited by FledglingTengu; 8/12/2004 6:34pm, .

Leave a comment:

• mikus
    replied
    That used to be a rule back in the day.

Leave a comment:

• ImAlrdyNum
    replied
    Originally posted by HoneyBadger
    I was told today that beside points and submission, lifting your opponent entirely above your head wins you the match. Is this considered a perfect throw, or a different rule?
    Ummmm, no.

Leave a comment:

• Ronin
    replied
    There are a few threads on here which mention some great books on judo, I would suggest a search and then check out either amazon or barnes and noble .

Leave a comment:

• FHoppy
    replied
    I was told today that beside points and submission, lifting your opponent entirely above your head wins you the match. Is this considered a perfect throw, or a different rule?

Leave a comment:

• Kiozz
    replied
    Know of any good reference book to be found in europe Ronin? Even in portugese

Leave a comment:

• Ronin
    replied
    Pics are off the internet.
    I thought that this would be a good thread for those with little experience in judo, or those limited to seeing the "basic stuff" from competions and such.

Leave a comment:

• Kiozz
    replied
    What book (?) do those pics come from?

Also, any european (continent) know of a good judo book available? (in french, english or spanish)

Leave a comment:

• Te No Kage!
    replied
    Originally posted by Zero Point
    You all so need to get laid.
    not I, but that has little to do with being a perv, just ask Ronin

Leave a comment:

• Zeddy
    replied
    Just checking... ;)

Hey I didn't even think about it until someone said it was a female.

Leave a comment:

• Pandinha
    replied
    You all so need to get laid.

Leave a comment:

• Zeddy
    replied
    Hey, I upped the gamma to check... no bouncy bouncy... ;)

Leave a comment:

• lost future
    replied
    I really never knew that Judo had leg locks! Is this being used in judocompetitions? Cause I never learned that technique in judo, only in jiu-jitsu

Leave a comment:

• chaosexmachina
    replied
    I think I can see some cleavage in there Zeddy.. lol

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X