No announcement yet.

Not your standard judo...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remember, Judo is a subset of JJJ, so it will contain damn near everything you see in BJJ. Somewhere along the way Judo got watered down to what we see now.

Comment

Other than the first picture of the leglock, I see nothing I haven't already tried at least once.
      Regardless, that doesn't change the fact that kickboxing is commonly known as fighting while grappling simply isn't. - Osiris

Comment

That leglock looks also to be close to a splice.

Comment

the leglock is very similar to the "step over toe hold" practiced in catch wrestling as well as being used by pro wrestlers.
          STP, anyone?
          Last edited by SAFTA4Life; 7/28/2004 4:23pm, .

Comment

If she drops her weight to the shin and leans forward is it then going to be like a splice?

Comment

Toe Hold

Comment

Originally posted by Dochter
                If she drops her weight to the shin and leans forward is it then going to be like a splice?
                I was thinking the same thing.

BUT
                1. I understand the shin bone ain't likely gonna snap from that.
                2. It looks more like a rolling leg lock that attacks the knee joint. The knee joints I also understand is more susceptible to strains than the elbow.

So similar motion different outcome...thoughts?
                Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

https://www.instagram.com/bullshido/

Comment

Someone once told me judo has no crucifix:

Comment

Pizdoff: I've heard that you're knee will explode with that leglock. I believe PeeDee mentioned it once on here, saying that it was the most dangerous leglock because it fucks up the whole joint, not just a particular ligament or something. I think he said he saw that happen to someone at a submission wrestling tournament and he's never seen the guy since.
                    You want some birth control? You can smoke a cigarette.

Comment

O.k then. So what would Japanes Ju Jutsu have that Judo does not have in terms of groundfighting ? Is it the same of does JJJ use more choke holds ?

People say Judo is Ju Jutsu with all of the nasty stuff taken out but the updates courtesy of Ronin here look nasty enough to me.
                      Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got shit on me !!!!

Comment

Looks like shit I'm doing in judo right now, but more importantly this lady can put her hand on my ass any time she wants! :D
                        Attached Files
                        "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -A. Lincoln

Vote your conscience.... Vote Libertarian!

Comment

Isn't that a guy?

Comment

I think I can see some cleavage in there Zeddy.. lol
                            "Prison is for rapists, thieves and murderers. If you lock someone up for smoking a plant that makes them happy, you're the fucking criminal." - Joe Rogan

El Guapo says dance!

Comment

I really never knew that Judo had leg locks! Is this being used in judocompetitions? Cause I never learned that technique in judo, only in jiu-jitsu

Comment

Hey, I upped the gamma to check... no bouncy bouncy... ;)

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X