Where do you like to punch from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While the crazy monkey is good for defensive boxing, I like to keep my hands in front of my chin about an inch from my face and throw my jabs and crosses straight down the center line. I tend to do this now, because when throwing punches from crazy monkey I noticed I (and other people) had a tendancy for my elbows to move away from my body telegraphing the punch. Keeping my hands close together by my chin allows for me to throw quicker punches while hardly moving my elbows out at all making the punches harder to see coming.
    Tough is not how you act, tough is how you train.

lol - I learned the crazy monkey last night. A good idea, with good defensive applications, but not something I'd use most of teh time. I stick with the traditional hands on chin, punches straight down the center.
    Seriously, most likely grabbing somebodies crotch like that is only going to make your situation much, much worse. Unless the person doing the gullotine has no pants on, then it's okay as long as they bought you dinner first. - Kidnemo

I don't know about angels, but it's fear that gives men wings - Max Payne

Comment

Yeah, the thing is that the crazy monkey becomes obsolete once you learn how to do all the things that it tries to do on their own, as that allows you to surpass how the crazy monkey does them. Like Destructions, once you know how, there is much more effective hand stance than just using the crazy monkey. I figure that you'll have to change your hand positions depending on where you are in relation to your opponent during the fight anyway, so might as well learn some more specialized and effective ones.

Comment

Hands on your chin is a great place to keep them especially for getting kicked in the head!

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteShark
          Hands on your chin is a great place to keep them especially for getting kicked in the head!
          I see whiteshark is unfamiliar with our friends head and hand movement.
          Seriously, most likely grabbing somebodies crotch like that is only going to make your situation much, much worse. Unless the person doing the gullotine has no pants on, then it's okay as long as they bought you dinner first. - Kidnemo

I don't know about angels, but it's fear that gives men wings - Max Payne

Comment

THE SUN WENT DOWN WITH PRACTICED BRAVADO

Comment

Originally posted by OneWingedAngel
              I see whiteshark is unfamiliar with our friends head and hand movement.
              Nah just different rulesets I bet. I'm sure I see a lot more head kicks in Knockdown Karate and Kickboxing than you guys do in MMA.

Comment

I prefer to punch from standing, with the opponent sat down, tied up and facing away from me.
                Taking responsibility for my actions since 1989

Comment

i punch from the dan tien.

Comment

I keep my hands in my pockets...and fondle myself.

Comment

I want evil Jen back!
                      Fighting evil and upholding justice in blue silk pajamas baby!
                      http://youtube.com/watch?v=UGaYD_wcaIg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Uepo9ahg-M

Bah!!! Puny Humans.

Comment

i don't care, you will receive normal Jen anyway.

Comment

For maximum power I punch with my hands chambered from a very low horse stance facing my target.

Comment

In a vain attempt to steer this thread back on course, I actually keep my fists somewhere near forehead level, not quite crazy monkey, but close, I just feel that my guard is more ready, and that forearm parrys and regular parrys are quick from there.

Comment

i keep my hands close to my chin or cheeks. if you punch me in the forehead, i don't care.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X