Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool MA moves in the Movies

A few I can think off:

Fist of the North Star: Side kick through door breaking the jaw of the idiot on the other side.
    Presidio: Sean Connery beating the crap out of some big bald guy, with his thumb.
    Rising sun: Sean Connery taking out the "doorman" with a two finger poke to the throat.
    Revenge of the Ninja: Ninja in sliky uniform beats the crap out of Mafia wop in bathroom - Reverse punch to chest, low round kick to leg, elbow to head, neck break.
    Out for Justice: Seagal beating up Richie in the kitchen with, frying pan, roller and finishing him off with corkscrew.
    Under seige: Seagal doing a leg sweep and finishing with chop to the side of the neck.
    Above the law: Seagal Hammerfisting loser in bar, right on the schoze.
    Bloodsport: Bolo breaking the knee of some pansy.

Thinking of more...

The chick sword fight from crouching tiger hidden dragon.

Neo vs lots of Agent smiths on the rooftop in reloaded.

Comment

Best - Mel Gibson's Triangle in LW.

Worst - Steven "Seagul"s shitty heel kicking from the guard in under siege 2.
      "You realise the transformations give a man enough strength to destroy a truck with his bare hands!?
      YOU HAVE BETRAYED ME, IN THE WORST POSSIBLE MANNER!!" - KiWarrior

"Sport ? That kind of thing's not my bag baby!" - Sammy Franco

"This system was developed with the help of notible BJJ fighter Ribbon Muchado." - "Sifu" Anthony Iglesias

Comment

Lethal weapon 3: Rene Russo KICKING ASS !!! including breaking Rorion's arm baby !!!

Comment

Ong Bak. But where to start?

1. Throwing guy out window, jumping after him and kneeing him in the chest on the way down.

2. Spinning aerial Thai roundhouse while legs are on fire.

3. Double knee drop off a second story structure hitting and breaking through two levels of scaffolding.

4. Two of the most intense joint breaks in recent memory.

5. The extended club fight, which featured a ton of fight strategy (the best was him leading the kicker into a hook kick by reading how he was slipping the punches).

This was the best all out fight Martial Art film of the last decade.

- Matt
          Last edited by Matt Bernius; 7/08/2004 8:37am, .
          Student of Wan Yi Chuan Kung Fu,
          Kali, & what ever works
          Renaissance Martial Arts
          Rochester, NY

Comment

The Transporter - Garage fight: oil on the floor, (as unrealistic as it was) using metal bike pedals for kick tracking.
            Kali, & what ever works
            Renaissance Martial Arts
            Rochester, NY

Comment

The Transporter was terrible, just terrible.
              "You realise the transformations give a man enough strength to destroy a truck with his bare hands!?
              YOU HAVE BETRAYED ME, IN THE WORST POSSIBLE MANNER!!" - KiWarrior

"Sport ? That kind of thing's not my bag baby!" - Sammy Franco

"This system was developed with the help of notible BJJ fighter Ribbon Muchado." - "Sifu" Anthony Iglesias

Comment

Lethal Weapon 4: Jet li on the roof top, Jet Li in Roger's home demolishing Riggs and Murtah.

Comment

The Transporter was cheese and had a really poor third act. But the inital driving and that extended fight were pretty good. The oil sequence was more creative than a lot of fights I'd seen in a while.

On the Jet Li front, Fist of Legend and the fight with the Japanese master is up there in his top counter for counter fights.

- Matt
                  Kali, & what ever works
                  Renaissance Martial Arts
                  Rochester, NY

Comment

Twin Dragons: Jet Li kicking ass with Taiji :)
                    Any of the fights in crouching tiger, Hidden dragon.
                    Final H2H fight in Blade.

Comment

Ya, Fist of Legend is one of my all-time favorites, the fight scenes in that movie are well-choreographed
                      "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -A. Lincoln

Vote your conscience.... Vote Libertarian!

Comment

THe first Blade had some pretty cool stuff in it

Classic- "The Hidden Fortress" with Toshiro Mifune, spear dual between Toshiro and another general = awesome!
                        "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -A. Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Bernius
                          On the Jet Li front, Fist of Legend and the fight with the Japanese master is up there in his top counter for counter fights.
                          Dead right! I liked the three fights: with his brother, with the Japanese master, and with 'The Killer' at the end.

I quite liked Donnie Yen's fight with a Reaper in Blade 2 (even though it was very quick). I'd like to see more off him, but our local shops don't have any of his films.
                          Mr Politically Correct GIJoe6186:
                          Fat people disgust me in every way imaginable. I was at Freindly's with my girl tonight and saw a bunch of fat fuckers. I felt sorry for the pavement they were killing and the people who had to see them. .

Comment

"Grosse Point Blank" John Cusack (studies kickboxing) fights Benny the Jet and stabs him in the neck with an ink pen

Comment

Good call with Grosse Point Blank and the Hidden Fortress is a good scene.

However the best "true" martial arts sequence in a Japanese film is the duel between the "Sword Saint" and the impatient Samurai towards the beginning of the Seven Samurai. Lot's of good martial theory built into it. "Why does he continue? It's so clear he's already lost."

- Matt
                              Kali, & what ever works
                              Renaissance Martial Arts
                              Rochester, NY

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X