Spider-man2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spider-man2

Seeing it tonight at 10:30, just thought I'd get the jump on starting the thread.

bwahahahahaha.

I like starting threads, fills me with a false sense of importance.

So far, every review I've seen for the second spidey movie has been glowing so much I fear that a few may be irradiated. It is my sincere hope that I too will be gushing out ridiculously joyful praise for this film. We'll see I suppose.

edit: just thought I'd mention, spoilers ahoy, especially if it's a post by J-Kid, bout 6 or 7 posts down from this one :cool:
    Last edited by Stick; 7/01/2004 1:06am, .

don't get any on the screen when doc oc shows up, it's a bitch to clean off.

Comment

I'll try to save my joyful-review-spooge just for you guys ~_^

Comment

yay! i'd like mine in a decorative pink glass please, with a twisty stra.....nevermind

Comment

Re: Spider-man2

Originally posted by Dai-Tenshi
          Seeing it tonight at 10:30, just thought I'd get the jump on starting the thread.

bwahahahahaha.

I like starting threads, fills me with a false sense of importance.

So far, every review I've seen for the second spidey movie has been glowing so much I fear that a few may be irradiated. It is my sincere hope that I too will be gushing out ridiculously joyful praise for this film. We'll see I suppose.
          LOSER!

-> http://bullshido.net/forums/showthre...threadid=13974

Comment

i beat you to it by almost a day....
            Once a fighter, Always a fighter. Shawn
            -Styles i train in-
            Judo
            Bjj
            Mtkickboxing
            Western boxing
            Wrestling

Comment

Thwarted again by my failure to use the search function >_<

However, seeing as you've had no replies- and I'm certainly not going to post my review there- I WIN!

Comment

First off spider man chases these guys around town and his life is falling apart, loses his job,getting bad grades etc..... he then gets the final draw when he dosnt make it to m-js play and then gos to a doctor about these dreams hes been having (aka real life) about losing his powers...... So he decides he dosnt want to be spider man... Crime gos up 75% and his grades his job and m-j he gets all of it but then doctor octupus who went mad when his arms took control of him when he was doing the fusion reactor, comes and steals mj because his best friend wants peter to get spiderman back so Dr oc can take spider man so he can kill him, to avenge his farther. So they fight and he has to save his ant may from him then gos off and has to stop a train from heading off the tracks dos it just in time but is so worn out he gets taken from by Doc oct. Then dr oc drops him off at ozz house and gets more trinum for his fusion reactor.... Just before he stabs spiderman he takes off the mask to descover hes his best friend and drops the knife. peter gets up and demands to know where mj is and where the fusion reactor is.... so he descovers the hide out and fights doc oc who turns good at the end as he decovers that he is peter parker and he saves m-j at the last second and doc oc sacafics himself to save new york and says he wont die a monster.... The Mj finds out hes spider man and peter says they cant be together, and she gets married to another guy.....(ok she ditchs him last second) and then they hook up. Then Ozzy jr finds his farthers suit and swears to take revenge on spider man. For the next sequel.:D

spoiler warning spoiler warning spoiler warning
                -Styles i train in-
                Judo
                Bjj
                Mtkickboxing
                Western boxing
                Wrestling

Comment

muahahahhahaha
                  -Styles i train in-
                  Judo
                  Bjj
                  Mtkickboxing
                  Western boxing
                  Wrestling

Comment

sounds sucky

Comment

Its sweet, but i am taking a 2 hour movie and turning into a shitty paragraph....
                      -Styles i train in-
                      Judo
                      Bjj
                      Mtkickboxing
                      Western boxing
                      Wrestling

Comment

better than taking a shitty movie and turning it into a 2-hour paragraph

i'm unabashed to say i am looking forward to it.
                        Locu5
                        combat sports hobbyist

Comment

I refuse to bow before you J-Kid, REFUSE!

And while I hate spoiler warnings- wait, it's totally pointless now, chances are they've read your cursed shitty paragraph and- GAH, FOILED AGAIN!

First your "NHB match" thread and now this!!!!

Must stop J-Kid... MUST DESTROY- no, nonono, I can't destroy J-Kid... you're right, it would be a crime to let him live. I can't deny the world an existence without J-Kid! It'd be like the sun in the palm of my hand!!!

Anywho, yeah Mav, I did cum in my spidey-tighties. This movie rules ^_^

That poor Parker could never catch a break throughout the movie had me all broken up inside; fired at the pizza place, screwed up with MJ, his boss making him cover that event where he has fall out with both Harry and MJ. Man, Peter just gets crapped on throughout the movie. And his land lord's an ass.

Spider-man himself continues to get bad press from yee olde' JJ Jameson, and to top that off his power begin to fail him. When that part of the story started coming together I was simultaneously crushed and completely baffled; come on, how could THAT be psychosomatic?

Octavius was really well done, IMHO. Not only were the tentacles absolutely amazing (they used puppets for the stuff where he removes his hat, glasses, lights cigars, etc awesome work), but the character setup was just great: excellent acting.

I was thoroughly amused by Pete's little mid-movie montage wherein his life is all coming together and in the process he himself just gets clumsier.

The fights were great, the effects, the action, the comedy; I pretty much loved everything.

I did kind of scratch my head as Spidey's secret identity just kept getting revealed to more and more people, but I'll live with it. Great stuff.

As for his reveal to Osbourne, I thought it was perfect. Harry just snaps, he can't deal with it; he is simultaneously driven by his consuming need for vengeance and his friendship with Peter. To cope with the stress, his brain finally does what it has been on the verge of doing: he breaks down. The personality or part that is driven by the need for revenge takes the form of his father- a nice surprise visit by good old Defoe- and intimidates his weaker half into doing what it wants (although if it were the stronger personality it would've just DONE it without having to manipulate Harry.... maybe history majors should stop pretending to know anything about psych beyond 101). The set up for Hobgoblin is brilliant, I love it and can't wait to see that in the next film. Least that's what I thought of the whole "now he knows" element and how it was handled in two scenes.

The romance was good, I kind of wished MJ had just told Parker to stop playing the fucking knight there on the crane ("you don't have the right to tell me what risks I can and can't take" sort of thing) and not subjected us to the run-away-bride bit, but hey... it worked.

Top notch flick. Once again, Marvel is proved king of the comic to movie kingdom and everyone else can suck it; Catwoman looks like it's going to do just that.

Comment

Originally posted by Dai-Tenshi
                            I refuse to bow before you J-Kid, REFUSE!

And while I hate spoiler warnings- wait, it's totally pointless now, chances are they've read your cursed shitty paragraph and- GAH, FOILED AGAIN!

First your "NHB match" thread and now this!!!!

Must stop J-Kid... MUST DESTROY- no, nonono, I can't destroy J-Kid... you're right, it would be a crime to let him live. I can't deny the world an existence without J-Kid! It'd be like the sun in the palm of my hand!!!

Anywho, yeah Mav, I did cum in my spidey-tighties. This movie rules ^_^

That poor Parker could never catch a break throughout the movie had me all broken up inside; fired at the pizza place, screwed up with MJ, his boss making him cover that event where he has fall out with both Harry and MJ. Man, Peter just gets crapped on throughout the movie. And his land lord's an ass.

Spider-man himself continues to get bad press from yee olde' JJ Jameson, and to top that off his power begin to fail him. When that part of the story started coming together I was simultaneously crushed and completely baffled; come on, how could THAT be psychosomatic?

Octavius was really well done, IMHO. Not only were the tentacles absolutely amazing (they used puppets for the stuff where he removes his hat, glasses, lights cigars, etc awesome work), but the character setup was just great: excellent acting.

I was thoroughly amused by Pete's little mid-movie montage wherein his life is all coming together and in the process he himself just gets clumsier.

The fights were great, the effects, the action, the comedy; I pretty much loved everything.

I did kind of scratch my head as Spidey's secret identity just kept getting revealed to more and more people, but I'll live with it. Great stuff.

As for his reveal to Osbourne, I thought it was perfect. Harry just snaps, he can't deal with it; he is simultaneously driven by his consuming need for vengeance and his friendship with Peter. To cope with the stress, his brain finally does what it has been on the verge of doing: he breaks down. The personality or part that is driven by the need for revenge takes the form of his father- a nice surprise visit by good old Defoe- and intimidates his weaker half into doing what it wants (although if it were the stronger personality it would've just DONE it without having to manipulate Harry.... maybe history majors should stop pretending to know anything about psych beyond 101). The set up for Hobgoblin is brilliant, I love it and can't wait to see that in the next film. Least that's what I thought of the whole "now he knows" element and how it was handled in two scenes.

The romance was good, I kind of wished MJ had just told Parker to stop playing the fucking knight there on the crane ("you don't have the right to tell me what risks I can and can't take" sort of thing) and not subjected us to the run-away-bride bit, but hey... it worked.

Top notch flick. Once again, Marvel is proved king of the comic to movie kingdom and everyone else can suck it; Catwoman looks like it's going to do just that.

LoL you and i will make the first offical club inside of bullshido.... we are no spiderman club fans...
                            -Styles i train in-
                            Judo
                            Bjj
                            Mtkickboxing
                            Western boxing
                            Wrestling

Comment

SPIDER MAN RULES
                              -Styles i train in-
                              Judo
                              Bjj
                              Mtkickboxing
                              Western boxing
                              Wrestling

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X