Hate to ask...but what should I take

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hate to ask...but what should I take

I dont like writing these kinds of threads, but Im kind of at my wits end. I did Muay Thai for almost a year and I LOVED it. Unfortuatly the owner closed it recently. The head instructor now teaches for this TKD turned MMA guy. MT classes are 4 times a week 8:30-10:00 (kind of late for me) and BJJ classes are I think 2 times 7:30-9:30 with a advanced class on Sundays you can work up to. I talked to my old instructor and he said he wants to encourage everyone to start competing in MT (sweet!). He's kind of young but is a very good teacher and used to compete regularly. One problem, I really want to learn BJJ because I know nothing about grappling, but BJJ overlaps MT sparring and ring training classes. The owner (not my instructor) wants a year contract and $85 a month.

The other place just started up, its BJJ/sub wrestling and Muay Thai thats geared for Vale Tudo style. All the instructors have good reps. Owner: wrestling champ and BJJ BB, also got 3rd at a sub wrestiling tournament recently. Muay Thai instructor trained at the best MT place around and also competes in MMA. They compete in BJJ but I dont think they compete in MT. However I think the MMA/vale tudo style might be kinda cool. Oh yeah, its open 7 days a week and has a better schedule. Its a little bit of a drive like 30 minutes, its $100 a month, 6 month contract with 30 day anytime cancellation.

What do you guys think?

Names. Website. Social Security Number. Pin.

Comment

Do you have to ask? I'll take what's behind door #2.

Comment

The instructor at my old gym is Danny Torres and the BJJ instructor I dont know but the owner said that he trained some UFC guy named the "Pitbull" (Ill believe it when I meet him). The gym is creatively called "The Gym" in Arlington, Tx. The other place is called Star Jiu Jitsu owned by a guy named Yousef Alirezaei website: starjiujitsu.com.

Comment

The star gym doesn't look that bad.

Comment

I'm with Omega. They look legit. Carlos Machado's school is also in Dallas. Have you looked there?

http://www.carlosmachado.net/

Comment

I would love to go to the Machado school but its $160 for 2x a week and $180 unlimited, a little out of my budget. When I get some more dough Ill do some drop in classes. If I had it my way I would go there or Saekson Janjira's Muay Thai and BJJ school in Plano.

Comment

I'm so looking forward to paying 180 a month

Comment

Ah, screw it Im going to Star, thanks guys!

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                  X