The Fracking Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BKR View Post
    No, I don't have to do that. Nice try on the "impossible proof" troll, though.
    Impossible huh??, well I can post plenty of examples, like we're talking an actual fuckton of examples of the opposite so it shouldn't be impossible to post just ONE itty bitty example of ONE fracking plant that actually follows the rules and doesn't leak hazardous waste in excess. Just ONE, I mean come on now it's like when people couldn't find one example of a legit ninja. It speaks volumes that not even one fracking plant doesn't pollute in excess, not even just one tiny little plant. What this means is that you're just a shill for the burn baby burn crowd. Tell you what, why don't you move yourself near a fracking plant and see how long you last breathing poisoned air and drinking flammable water. Come on put up or shut up.

Comment

Originally posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
      Impossible huh??, well I can post plenty of examples, like we're talking an actual fuckton of examples of the opposite so it shouldn't be impossible to post just ONE itty bitty example of ONE fracking plant that actually follows the rules and doesn't leak hazardous waste in excess. Just ONE, I mean come on now it's like when people couldn't find one example of a legit ninja. It speaks volumes that not even one fracking plant doesn't pollute in excess, not even just one tiny little plant. What this means is that you're just a shill for the burn baby burn crowd. Tell you what, why don't you move yourself near a fracking plant and see how long you last breathing poisoned air and drinking flammable water. Come on put up or shut up.

What is a FRACKING plant?

Double down, lol
      Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

What is a FRACKING plant?

Double down, lol
        Your only response is to bitch about my terminology?? Your ability to make counterpoints sucks ass. It's because you know full well that fracking is a horrible process that causes nothing but poison and pain, but since you're a shill you can't admit facts and can only parrot crap spouted by fox news.

Comment

Your only response is to bitch about my terminology?? Your ability to make counterpoints sucks ass. It's because you know full well that fracking is a horrible process that causes nothing but poison and pain, but since you're a shill you can't admit facts and can only parrot crap spouted by fox news.
          Fracking plant ?

Shill? I'm supplying information and opinion. If New York does not want fracking, OK, just don't then burn gas from fracked reservoirs in your gas fired power plants.

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

They pump it out. One problem is disposing of the stuff they take out of the ground, and the huge volumes of the liquids used.

I've explained in the past how contamination of of local groundwater (as in drinking water) is possible, but not really likely. Yeah, I know it's happened...

Spilling the nasty shit on the ground is more likely in reality.

The groundwater contamination issues were basically a FUD issue.

Another thing is that fracking has been used for decades in the oil and gas business. We used it in vertical wells in the Gulf of Mexico all the time. Same type of fluids, just not the same volumes. Similar practices were common onshore in vertical and slant wells as well.

The horizontal wells in the tight formations have much longer completion zones, and need higher pressures and more volume to get the job done.

Modern drilling/production practices are pretty darned safe and efficient. But as in any industrial situation, things break, and/or human error happens.

Just checked the EIA website. New York uses natural gas mostly for generation of electricity. Kinda ironic...
            Whats a FUD issue? I don't feel like looking it up.
            The Caucasian always has stronger strength and when comes to grappling, Caucasians mostly win easily. I do know grappling and if I used it on Asians my size, it works. - Kung Fu dude that got waxed at OneFc try out.

Comment

Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
              Whats a FUD issue? I don't feel like looking it up.
              Fear, uncertainty, and doubt.

Comment

Fracking plant ?

Shill? I'm supplying information and opinion. If New York does not want fracking, OK, just don't then burn gas from fracked reservoirs in your gas fired power plants.
                Would you prefer I just call it a fracking site?? Dipshit.

You're supplying bullshit and misinformation generated by gas company executives to promote their product despite it's dangerous extraction method. Again I'll say it if you're so convinced that fracking is safe then I fucking dare you to move next to one. Just don't bitch when you start to bleed from your ears and shit. I'm guessing you're not going to take that dare because you know full well you're full of shit.

Comment

You're supplying bullshit and misinformation generated by gas company executives to promote their product despite it's dangerous extraction method. Again I'll say it if you're so convinced that fracking is safe then I fucking dare you to move next to one. Just don't bitch when you start to bleed from your ears and shit. I'm guessing you're not going to take that dare because you know full well you're full of shit.
                  You are calling an expert a dipshit.

And you sound a bit like Rabbit,

"It's a doom, I tell you, a doom."

You are going to have to get very fucking specific, into specifics, or...

Comment

Would you prefer I just call it a fracking site??
                    Using the right nomenclature certainly goes a long way to showing you have at least a rudimentary understanding of what ever it is you are debating.
                    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
                    –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
                      You are calling an expert a dipshit.

And you sound a bit like Rabbit,

"It's a doom, I tell you, a doom."

You are going to have to get very fucking specific, into specifics, or...
                      Nice try, but never said anything about doom. I said fracking leaves behind poison and most of the sites are not safe. It's a provable statement.

As far as BKR being an expert on the subject, I'll assume you're talking paid "expert" by the exact same companies who promote said fracking.

Comment

Originally posted by goodlun View Post
                        Using the right nomenclature certainly goes a long way to showing you have at least a rudimentary understanding of what ever it is you are debating.
                        Move next to a fracking site.

Comment

Move next to a fracking site.
                          Sure, let me uproot my life to go and prove a point on the internet.
                          Also, I didn't say shit about fracking.
                          Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
                          –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Comment

Nice try, but never said anything about doom. I said fracking leaves behind poison and most of the sites are not safe. It's a provable statement.

As far as BKR being an expert on the subject, I'll assume you're talking paid "expert" by the exact same companies who promote said fracking.
                            How else do you think one gains expertise?

By playing in the milieu.

I have fought in rings,

Worked in operating rooms,

Worked in Wall Street in a hedge fund,

Done Mergers and Acquisitions,

Helped government agencies interpret data and develop policy,

and been a university professor.

All for money.

I cannot even be a university professor for free,

I have asked and offered many times.

I can only do so if I allow them to issue me a check.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
                              How else do you think one gains expertise?
                              4chan , Reddit and YouTube
                              King without a crown

Comment

I posted different points of view.

Comment

Working...
                                X