Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Fracking Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    The Fracking Thread

    Congratulations to the UK for getting out of the EU!

    Let's get started on the USA-UK Imperium right away. We can start with sending you guys LPG ASAP.

    Get of Putin's LPG tit, you wankers ! Be TRULY independent !
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

    #2
    Originally posted by BKR View Post
    Congratulations to the UK for getting out of the EU!

    Let's get started on the USA-UK Imperium right away. We can start with sending you guys LPG ASAP.

    Get of Putin's LPG tit, you wankers ! Be TRULY independent !
    That would require storming Buckingham Palace, and murdering the entire Royal Family.

    The bloodline will live on in Free Canada.
    '“I am no advocate of passivity,” Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. “Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.”'

    My Glossary: https://www.bullshido.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=129294

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
      That would require storming Buckingham Palace, and murdering the entire Royal Family.

      The bloodline will live on in Free Canada.
      Naw, we can handle it. And I mean, why wouldn't the Royals want a resurgence of the British Empire, but with the USA as partners ? Totally unstoppable.

      They can start by buying clean, affordable, natural gas from us right away.

      Hell, they can get it from New York, once they allow fracking there again. YUGE gas reserves in the Utica and Marcellus Formations !

      Talk about a short pipeline to the coast. I bet even that asshole Cuomo can't resist all the tax revenue...just think of all the homeless people they could help and all the cosmetic gender-change surgery they could pay for.

      The economy would be booming.

      *edit*

      I just realized that all those WV et al. coal miners could migrate to New York and work in the oil/gas fields.

      This is a total win-win economically, strategically, and for the environment.
      Falling for Judo since 1980

      "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

      "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

      "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by BKR View Post
        Naw, we can handle it. And I mean, why wouldn't the Royals want a resurgence of the British Empire, but with the USA as partners ? Totally unstoppable.

        They can start by buying clean, affordable, natural gas from us right away.

        Hell, they can get it from New York, once they allow fracking there again. YUGE gas reserves in the Utica and Marcellus Formations !

        Talk about a short pipeline to the coast. I bet even that asshole Cuomo can't resist all the tax revenue...just think of all the homeless people they could help and all the cosmetic gender-change surgery they could pay for.

        The economy would be booming.

        *edit*

        I just realized that all those WV et al. coal miners could migrate to New York and work in the oil/gas fields.

        This is a total win-win economically, strategically, and for the environment.
        I wish they would improve the fracking process so they dont need to pump poison into the ground.
        The Caucasian always has stronger strength and when comes to grappling, Caucasians mostly win easily. I do know grappling and if I used it on Asians my size, it works. - Kung Fu dude that got waxed at OneFc try out.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by BKR View Post
          .
          Hell, they can get it from New York, once they allow fracking there again. YUGE gas reserves in the Utica and Marcellus Formations !
          This made me laugh. That'll be the day.
          '“I am no advocate of passivity,” Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. “Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.”'

          My Glossary: https://www.bullshido.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=129294

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
            I wish they would improve the fracking process so they dont need to pump poison into the ground.
            They pump it out. One problem is disposing of the stuff they take out of the ground, and the huge volumes of the liquids used.

            I've explained in the past how contamination of of local groundwater (as in drinking water) is possible, but not really likely. Yeah, I know it's happened...

            Spilling the nasty shit on the ground is more likely in reality.

            The groundwater contamination issues were basically a FUD issue.

            Another thing is that fracking has been used for decades in the oil and gas business. We used it in vertical wells in the Gulf of Mexico all the time. Same type of fluids, just not the same volumes. Similar practices were common onshore in vertical and slant wells as well.

            The horizontal wells in the tight formations have much longer completion zones, and need higher pressures and more volume to get the job done.

            Modern drilling/production practices are pretty darned safe and efficient. But as in any industrial situation, things break, and/or human error happens.

            Just checked the EIA website. New York uses natural gas mostly for generation of electricity. Kinda ironic...
            Falling for Judo since 1980

            "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

            "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

            "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
              This made me laugh. That'll be the day.
              Appalachia has huge reserves as well. The far northern tip of that region barely touches SW NY.

              The EIA website has a ton of great data to look at, complete with maps and charts. So simple even a stable genius could understand...naw...

              Get those coal miners working in the oil and gas fields, presto, plenty of LNG for our new Imperial allies.

              You will notice that NY uses majority natural gas to generate electricity. The irony...
              Falling for Judo since 1980

              "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

              "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

              "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by BKR View Post
                The groundwater contamination issues were basically a FUD issue.
                There was a pretty heavy amount of data used to justify the NY moratorium. I don't think there was much doubt involved.

                Keep in mind things like population density matter. Remote areas downstream are one thing compared to upstate NY watersheds getting fouled.

                Shit rolls downhill.
                '“I am no advocate of passivity,” Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. “Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.”'

                My Glossary: https://www.bullshido.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=129294

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
                  There was a pretty heavy amount of data used to justify the NY moratorium. I don't think there was much doubt involved.

                  Keep in mind things like population density matter. Remote areas downstream are one thing compared to upstate NY watersheds getting fouled.

                  Shit rolls downhill.
                  I'll have to look up the particulars of NY...Utica and Marcellus formations, I think.
                  Falling for Judo since 1980

                  "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

                  "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

                  "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

                  Comment


                    #10
                    OK, so this is a good primer on tight shale gas production/drilling and fracking. For PA but applicable to NY or elsewhere, more or less. Depths of drilling will be different depending on location.

                    http://exploreshale.org/

                    For a bit more biased view...
                    https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/gov...2021-executive

                    Now, don't get me wrong, if New Yorkers really don't want horizontal drilling and fracking, OK with me.

                    However, the FUD approach is a bit sickening.

                    *edit
                    Gotta love NPR...
                    https://stateimpact.npr.org/pennsylv...cked-up-to-be/
                    Falling for Judo since 1980

                    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

                    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

                    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by BKR View Post
                      I'll have to look up the particulars of NY...Utica and Marcellus formations, I think.
                      Yep. Here you go, this is where I got my info.

                      COMPENDIUM OF SCIENTIFIC, MEDICAL, AND MEDIA FINDINGS DEMONSTRATING RISKS AND HARMS OF FRACKING (UNCONVENTIONAL GAS AND OIL EXTRACTION)
                      2nd edition
                      December 11, 2014

                      http://concernedhealthny.org/wp-cont...Compendium.pdf

                      https://earthworks.org/blog/big_chan.../#.VL_tu8a5dFJ
                      https://earthworks.org/stories/marce...d_utica_shale/
                      '“I am no advocate of passivity,” Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. “Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.”'

                      My Glossary: https://www.bullshido.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=129294

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by BKR View Post
                        Naw, we can handle it. And I mean, why wouldn't the Royals want a resurgence of the British Empire, but with the USA as partners ? Totally unstoppable.

                        They can start by buying clean, affordable, natural gas from us right away.

                        Hell, they can get it from New York, once they allow fracking there again. YUGE gas reserves in the Utica and Marcellus Formations !

                        Talk about a short pipeline to the coast. I bet even that asshole Cuomo can't resist all the tax revenue...just think of all the homeless people they could help and all the cosmetic gender-change surgery they could pay for.

                        The economy would be booming.

                        *edit*

                        I just realized that all those WV et al. coal miners could migrate to New York and work in the oil/gas fields.

                        This is a total win-win economically, strategically, and for the environment.
                        Well well well, I'm guessing New York would be willing to resell all that dirty, fracking-produced natural gas they buy from Pennsylvania to our Brit Brothers for a modest mark-up. They have the infrastructure to get it to LPG plans on the coast.

                        Of course, Pennsylvania might just get in on the game and undercut that price...
                        Falling for Judo since 1980

                        "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

                        "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

                        "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
                          Yep. Here you go, this is where I got my info.

                          COMPENDIUM OF SCIENTIFIC, MEDICAL, AND MEDIA FINDINGS DEMONSTRATING RISKS AND HARMS OF FRACKING (UNCONVENTIONAL GAS AND OIL EXTRACTION)
                          2nd edition
                          December 11, 2014

                          http://concernedhealthny.org/wp-cont...Compendium.pdf

                          https://earthworks.org/blog/big_chan.../#.VL_tu8a5dFJ
                          https://earthworks.org/stories/marce...d_utica_shale/
                          The risks are well known, and manageable, particularly with proper oversight by state (and Federal where applicable) agencies.

                          The harms only come if the risks are not properly mitigated.

                          And industrial accidents can and do happen, despite following all the correct protocols, etc.

                          And yes, I read through the first link, at least.

                          The problem I have is that out-right banning of something, instead of working to mitigate the risks.

                          Oh, and once NY stops buying frack-produced PA gas, I guess I'll feel better about the whole thing, LOL.

                          I mean, maybe they have by now, but if you go tot he EIA website and look at all the gas-fired powerplants (and coal mines) that NY has...
                          Falling for Judo since 1980

                          "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

                          "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

                          "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by BKR View Post
                            The risks are well known, and manageable, particularly with proper oversight by state (and Federal where applicable) agencies.

                            The harms only come if the risks are not properly mitigated.

                            And industrial accidents can and do happen, despite following all the correct protocols, etc.

                            And yes, I read through the first link, at least.

                            The problem I have is that out-right banning of something, instead of working to mitigate the risks.

                            Oh, and once NY stops buying frack-produced PA gas, I guess I'll feel better about the whole thing, LOL.

                            I mean, maybe they have by now, but if you go tot he EIA website and look at all the gas-fired powerplants (and coal mines) that NY has...
                            If you're going to double down on this pile of stinky bullshit then you need to provide at least ONE fucking example of a fracking site that actually has abided by the goddamn safety rules and doesn't have multiple violations.










                            FYI good luck with that.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
                              If you're going to double down on this pile of stinky bullshit then you need to provide at least ONE fucking example of a fracking site that actually has abided by the goddamn safety rules and doesn't have multiple violations.










                              FYI good luck with that.
                              No, I don't have to do that. Nice try on the "impossible proof" troll, though.
                              Falling for Judo since 1980

                              "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

                              "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

                              "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X