Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Election 2020 - Why wait to start crap posting later? To discuss anyone running.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dung Beatles View Post

I'd say the bulk of marijuana is outside. It was only these last several months that the price has started to turn around with signs of prolonged sustainability for indoor producer/processors. Naturally I'm fielding a few panicked angry calls from retailers now who used to send out snotty letters about how growers need to suck it the fuck up and stop whining about prices. That shoe has been on the other foot for a couple of months and it is music to my ears.

80% of all farms have failed or now only exist as a placeholder that does almost no business.

The soil is good but there's one nasty caveat to growing in Washington: autumn rain. Crop harvest is October, the rainy season starts in September so a LOT of guys lose too much of their crop to mold because they keep planning for extra sunshine and wind up hustling to bring everything in when the hard rain hits. This has a number of severe repercussions. The big one as mentioned is mold and powdery mildew. Plants didn't grow enough, lots of hidden mold inside of flowers that look great on the outside that makes the crop essentially only good for some kinds of extraction, inadequate nutrient flush which makes the weed taste like shit in flower form and unusable and toxic for extraction. If the moisture doesn't get them, they lose a third of their crop to pests.

Too much of the resulting pot turns out as a soggy nasty unsmokable mess. Plus the fact that most growers were never real farmers and don't know how to make a farm work at competitive prices unless they're selling the old pesticide laden untested unregulated garbage that the black market thrived on.
    I was wondering about the rain in the fall thing. Your summers are pretty dry, but in the fall, especially this fall, well, we get a small percent of the rain you guys do, by the time the fronts get here.

Farming is specialized business and skill. Pot is an exotic weed, but, given how you want high THC and flavor etc., that makes it more complicated.

The volumes of weed you guys need is staggering. Everytime I go to Spokane, I drive by a Cannabis shop right at the border, on I90. It's usually packed with cars. That's just one of the shops in the area, too. I think the same company has 2 in Spokane area alone.

And indoors ops require a lot of startup costs. Specialized building, ventilation, electricity for lights and ventilation, alone would be hundreds of thousands if not millions.

Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Oh, good, Biden is running for Senate. We dodged that bullet.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...states-senate/
      Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

Originally posted by submessenger View Post
        Oh, good, Biden is running for Senate. We dodged that bullet.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...states-senate/
        Naw, he's not too old...

Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post

I was wondering about the rain in the fall thing. Your summers are pretty dry, but in the fall, especially this fall, well, we get a small percent of the rain you guys do, by the time the fronts get here.

Farming is specialized business and skill. Pot is an exotic weed, but, given how you want high THC and flavor etc., that makes it more complicated.

The volumes of weed you guys need is staggering. Everytime I go to Spokane, I drive by a Cannabis shop right at the border, on I90. It's usually packed with cars. That's just one of the shops in the area, too. I think the same company has 2 in Spokane area alone.

And indoors ops require a lot of startup costs. Specialized building, ventilation, electricity for lights and ventilation, alone would be hundreds of thousands if not millions.

Well, I think that people could save a shit load of money if they invested in industrial dehumudifiers and drying rooms. What winds up happening is they throw 2/3rds of their product in a drying room that's way too small and then act shocked when everything turns into fungus laden mush.

They dont stack it right either. Most of them just pile it in bins that don't breath enough and then they don't do environmental controls. Essentially, they make a room perfect for growing mushrooms and wonder why everything turns into shit.

Edit: I won't lie, I made some serious mistakes as well but drying/curing isn't one of them. I think I can boast the cleanest product in Washington state. I know I haven't seen anyone's joints that were consistently cleaner and that's a little over half of my biz.
          Last edited by Dung Beatles; 2/25/2020 8:59pm, .
          "Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

Comment

Note to self-

Add visit to Dungmaster to bucket list. Upon receipt of invitation.

disclaimer

I haven't grown hydroponic in thirty years. Haven't partaken in years. Tomorrow is another day.
            Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

Comment

Originally posted by hungryjoe View Post
              Note to self-

Add visit to Dungmaster to bucket list. Upon receipt of invitation.

disclaimer

I haven't grown hydroponic in thirty years. Haven't partaken in years. Tomorrow is another day.
              You Bastard.

I dibs next.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post

You Bastard.

I dibs next.
                Where the hell have you been?

Slacker. I had robot news but now forget.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post

You Bastard.

I dibs next.
                  Ever jump out of an airplane? To do.

I hear it's warmer in Florida.

Comment

Originally posted by hungryjoe View Post

Ever jump out of an airplane? To do.

I hear it's warmer in Florida.
                    Many times.

But, free fall is hard on the joints as we get older.

Lot of muscles we we don't use everyday, otherwise.

After is mostly delightful,

But getting one's shirt off after, or other jigs, becomes a pop and lock routine with a grimace.

Comment

Originally posted by Dung Beatles View Post
                      Those fuckwits at MedMen are a laugh riot too. They have no idea what they're doing in the cannabis industry and are just capitalizing off of selling bad investments to people who don't know any better.

They get money from greedy outsiders who think this is a slam dunk and don't realize that all of the assets are VASTLY FUCKING VASTLY over estimated by a bunch of shyster conmen.

The MEDMEN guys and some idiots like them might get rich but only vampire economics because most of their investors ARE FUCKING GUARANTEED to lose their shirts and have no idea that their business is practically a ponzi scheme. .
                      I just saw where these jackasses lost $100 MILLION of other people's money.

HA ha ha ha ha ha ha.

I just wish I blew my wad short selling them instead of on this car. I'd be driving a ferrari with monster truck tires instead of a falcon.

Comment

If this holds up, the election is over.
                        https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/...055452287.html

US, Taliban set to sign deal to end war in Afghanistan

Comment

Originally posted by It is Fake View Post
                          If this holds up, the election is over.
                          https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/...055452287.html
                          Yep, that would seal the deal.
                          Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

"Disliking someone is not evidence of wrongdoing or malfeasance or even bias." --Dung Beatles

Comment

Steyer out, Buttigieg out.

I expect Klobucher will drop out soon as well.

Super Tuesday looms large.

Comment

Good on them for getting out before Super Tuesday so that votes are a little more concentrated on the key candidates. But I have a few friends freaking out because they have been all Buttigeig and totally against Bloomberg and Bernie. So Biden is starting to look pretty appealing to the moderate Dems.

And now that Bloomberg is going to be on the ballots, we are finally going to start seeing what he is working with. Now it gets interesting.
                              Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

"Disliking someone is not evidence of wrongdoing or malfeasance or even bias." --Dung Beatles

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel_tke View Post
                                Good on them for getting out before Super Tuesday so that votes are a little more concentrated on the key candidates. But I have a few friends freaking out because they have been all Buttigeig and totally against Bloomberg and Bernie. So Biden is starting to look pretty appealing to the moderate Dems.

And now that Bloomberg is going to be on the ballots, we are finally going to start seeing what he is working with. Now it gets interesting.
                                Yeah I can hear Bloomberg's pitch now, suspend the bill of rights and nation wide police state. Fuck Bloomberg.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X