Terry Jones, 1/6th of Monty Python is Dead. Age 77

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terry Jones, 1/6th of Monty Python is Dead. Age 77

"Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

One less fool that thought the earth was banana-shaped. RIP.
    Being correct on the Internet is orders of magnitude easier than being correct in the Universe. Perhaps we should all concentrate more on the latter...

Comment

His death was a mercy.

He was a highly, highly educated man across multiple domains, practically a polymath, whose great mind had been progressively and irreversibly destroyed and eroded by the ravages of dementia over the last decade and a half.

I wish that he had died a decade ago,

and the thought of his suffering, and the suffering of his friends and family have always bothered me.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
        His death was a mercy.

He was a highly, highly educated man across multiple domains, practically a polymath, whose great mind had been progressively and irreversibly destroyed and eroded by the ravages of dementia over the last decade and a half.

I wish that he had died a decade ago,

and the thought of his suffering, and the suffering of his friends and family have always bothered me.
        Yeah, that was rough I'm sure. I read that he had been nonverbal for some time. That really sucks.
        Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Comment

I do not know the specifics of Jones' condition, but my own grandfather, who recently passed, struggled for many years with dementia. He was cognizant enough of the condition that he was embarrassed by it, and so curtailed his conversation to what was necessary for day-to-day operations.
          Being correct on the Internet is orders of magnitude easier than being correct in the Universe. Perhaps we should all concentrate more on the latter...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by It is Fake View Post
              Dementia sucks. Dementia being non verbal is terrible. Dementia with aphasia is worse.

May sound crass to some, but he’s much better off IMO.
              On this we are in uttermost agreement.

The worst part, though, is how it affects the caregivers and family.

For that reason, I won't be shutting up for quite some time, not voluntarily at least.
              '“I am no advocate of passivity,” Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. “Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.”'

My Glossary: https://www.bullshido.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=129294

Comment

I find it funny that people are overwhelmed with Jones' most recent work. Life of Brian, really?

How many of you know The Complete and Utter History of Britain? You do not, so don't speak as if you do, to me, today.

Wait, I mean yesterday. Aww, fuck.

'“I am no advocate of passivity,” Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. “Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.”'

My Glossary: https://www.bullshido.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=129294

Comment

Working...
                X