Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W. Rabbit
    replied
    Wow. Thread aged...poorly. One million deaths, and this is just getting started, folks. You know I hate to be the party pooper, but baby, I was born this way.

The good news is science still works, the bad news is the country is under attack from without and within by people who want to make you believe in something else.

Well, at least I got my generator and ethanol production up and running. If I can do that, the rest of you might survive. Good luck with who you get your science from. ><

Leave a comment:

• goodlun
    replied
    Originally posted by PDA View Post
    You can imagine Putin and Xi sipping tea and saying to each other " we would save allot of money and have more chance of defeating the US if we spent less on missiles and more on getting americans to fight each other"
    This is actually what is going on, the 50 cent army and the Paid Russian Trolls seriously do this.
    To the point that its hard to say how much influence they have had vs how much of it is just them going at it with each other.

Leave a comment:

• PDA
    replied
    Originally posted by goodlun View Post

Technical? didn't know I was writing a piece of technical writing.
    Also your snark is dumb the Culture between Perth and Sydney isn't all that much different despite the fact that they are many miles away from each other.

I didn't say just different but "very different"

Here is a fun question what represents Californian culture more:

San Fransico or Los Angelas?
    These two cities are so different that from the outside you might even think that they are from two different countries.

But both are often painted as the cultural center of California
    From my limted experiance one might even say that the external hatred of america is rivaled only by the hatred some americans have for one an other.

You can imagine Putin and Xi sipping tea and saying to each other " we would save allot of money and have more chance of defeating the US if we spent less on missiles and more on getting americans to fight each other"

Leave a comment:

• Lily
    replied
    *paging Lebell*

Leave a comment:

• Dung Beatles
    replied
    Originally posted by Lily View Post

Yes you’re all special snowflakes.

Didn’t realise ‘vibe’ was a technical term. And OMG cities inside the same state are different?? Thank you for the enlightenment.
    I think what he's talking about is that America is incorrectly but frequently described by Europeans as having a largely homogeneous culture.

Leave a comment:

• goodlun
    replied
    Originally posted by Lily View Post

Didn’t realise ‘vibe’ was a technical term. And OMG cities inside the same state are different?? Thank you for the enlightenment.
    Technical? didn't know I was writing a piece of technical writing.
    Also your snark is dumb the Culture between Perth and Sydney isn't all that much different despite the fact that they are many miles away from each other.

I didn't say just different but "very different"

Here is a fun question what represents Californian culture more:

San Fransico or Los Angelas?
    These two cities are so different that from the outside you might even think that they are from two different countries.

But both are often painted as the cultural center of California

Leave a comment:

• Lily
    replied
    Especially from countries that have no freaking clue of how different geographically the US is.
    How that geography has created a bunch of different cultures inside of the US.
    State to State have very different vibes and heck even city to city inside a state can be vastly different.
    The real thing is the divide in the US of Rural vs Urban is typically bigger than a lot of people understand.
    Especially since Rural can actually be fairly remote.
    A favorite expression of mine:
    In Europe 100 miles is a long way, in the US 100 years is a long time.

Leave a comment:

• PDA
    replied

Its in Vogue to shit on the US.
    Especially from countries that have no freaking clue of how different geographically the US is.
    State to State have very different vibes and heck even city to city inside a state can be vastly different.
    The real thing is the divide in the US of Rural vs Urban is typically bigger than a lot of people understand.
    Indeed Trump has made it even more fashionable to bash the US.

Its a major pain in the arse for me though as i wanted to go to New York in December as Xmas in NY can be awesome for a limey.

From my limited experiance the US is as different from coast to coast as Europe which is one of the reasons I almost emigrated there.

Its going to be very interesting to see how the virus is controlled in that enviroment with states doing different things.

Leave a comment:

• goodlun
    replied
    Originally posted by PDA View Post
    The press keeps banging on about how poorly the US is doing but looking at the deaths per million the US is 9th.

The UK is 4th.

I think the UK really screwed up by showing charts comparing death rates of all the other countries as its so hard to compare given the time of first infection and population density ect.. and even how it came into each country.

It looked good early on but now we have taken over all the other European countries it looks really bad.
    Its in Vogue to shit on the US.

Leave a comment:

• PDA
    replied
    The press keeps banging on about how poorly the US is doing but looking at the deaths per million the US is 9th.

The UK is 4th.

I think the UK really screwed up by showing charts comparing death rates of all the other countries as its so hard to compare given the time of first infection and population density ect.. and even how it came into each country.

It looked good early on but now we have taken over all the other European countries it looks really bad.

Leave a comment:

• goodlun
    replied
    Some good news:
    https://health.ucsd.edu/news/release...-analysis.aspx

UCSD is leveraging technology to make this process faster go machine learning...

Leave a comment:

• Dung Beatles
    replied
    Boris Johnson addmitted to the ICU with "persistent" symptoms.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/06/uk/bo...ntl/index.html

Leave a comment:

• Michael Tzadok
    replied
    Oh my this isn't a good animal barrier for this to cross:
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/05/us/ti...ji08twpYlPEfxU
    They've been saying for a while that house pets could get it, but that it wasn't something to worry about as far as contracting it from them. At least that is the official line of the Humane Society and the SPCA. At the end the day there isn't a lot biologically different between big cats and house cats other than size.

From what I can tell COVID has been an animal sickness for a while, and the concern for crossover is one of the reasons most countries won't allow you to purchase Beef Lung. So far it seems that you have to actually ingest an infected and undercooked animal part(such as chicken of the cave lung) in order to contract it from an animal source. Not entirely sure why, but I'll go with it.

Leave a comment:

• PDA
    replied
    Originally posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post

Your own PD keep posting the so called "weapon" caches they find. I'm not the retard that considers screwdrivers and coat hangers to be dangerous weapons. I point it out because I care and want the people of England to fight for their rights against the oppressive regime that rules them. Remember it wasn't my country that put one of it's own citizens in a re-education camp because he blamed a Muslim for attacking him on a bridge. Seriously your country is fucked up, I'll take Trump any day over the forced serfdom England has.
    Ok thanks for sharing .

Have a nice day .

Leave a comment:

• goodlun
    replied
    Oh my this isn't a good animal barrier for this to cross:
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/05/us/ti...ji08twpYlPEfxU

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X