X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dung Beatles
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael Tzadok View Post

So how did shipmate get banned this time?
    I'd have to assume he was shitting up the technique forum.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Tzadok
    replied
    Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post

Goodbye.
    So how did shipmate get banned this time?

Leave a comment:

• Dung Beatles
    replied
    Dire situation aside, these Italian Mayors deserve to have their own reality shows.

Leave a comment:

• hungryjoe
    replied
    Originally posted by goodlun View Post
    Folding at home is being used to make discoveries about coronavirus

https://www.tomshardware.com/uk/news...Su1ass7ROJQO7o

https://foldingathome.org/2020/03/15...-simple-terms/

So if you wondered hey what can I do to help beside staying home well there you go.
    More open source? Good.

Leave a comment:

• goodlun
    replied
    Folding at home is being used to make discoveries about coronavirus

https://www.tomshardware.com/uk/news...Su1ass7ROJQO7o

[email protected] network is now pushing out 470 PetaFLOPS of raw compute power. To put that in perspective, that's twice as fast as Summit, the world's fastest supercomputer, making the network faster than any known supercomputer. It's also faster than the top seven supercomputers in the world, combined.
    https://foldingathome.org/2020/03/15...-simple-terms/

So if you wondered hey what can I do to help beside staying home well there you go.

Leave a comment:

• AprilRains
    replied
    Originally posted by Dung Beatles View Post

The photo was bait. I fully cop to that. I was just trying to see which Wabbit hole he would use when confronted.
    You magnificent bastard. Well done!

Leave a comment:

• hungryjoe
    replied
    This from a friend, ENT surgeon and former professor teaching at the University of Okahoma. Probably the most brilliant though honest and humble people I've ever met.

https://www.reddit.com/r/medicine/co..._in_the_upper/

Apparently this is much more contagious than many know. .02 nanometers I'm told. This leaves out most filtration devices/methods as ineffectual. As such, those medical personnel without a PAPR device are at risk. N95 respirators aren't doing the trick.

Current focus is on the availability of PAPR devices for the general medical community who are potentially or actually exposed to Covid 19.

My guy's a couple of days away from leaving quarantine after being exposed. Troll this and I may well show up with a large dull spoon to scoop your eye out.

Leave a comment:

• hungryjoe
    replied
    Originally posted by Dung Beatles View Post

The photo was bait. I fully cop to that. I was just trying to see which Wabbit hole he would use when confronted.
    Who here has ever seen a condensor with an insulated covering? I'll admit to being sucked up initially but notified by DB of the actual function of the equipment pictured.

I've a background in thermodynamics and HVAC in an earlier life. At the tech level only.

Still, someone with a "scientist" tag never had a clue.

Leave a comment:

• Dung Beatles
    replied
    Originally posted by AprilRains View Post
    You expect us to believe that some photo of an orange belt on someone, a photo you won't even link, is proof of your mastery of aliveness...but you doubt Dung's photo? STFU.

Leave a comment:

• hungryjoe
    replied
    Originally posted by Lily View Post

The feedback is horrendous and microphones pick up the smallest background noises. Worse, the oldies who don’t know how to put their phones on silent and it goes off during a Skype call.

Once borders are open I will send you my video entry to get back on to that bucket list.
    I have been through an exhaustive number of Skype meetings with people from many countries and time zones. I find age to not be the defining demographic for blunders, noises or other distractions.

Granted, I often consult my teenage daughter on areas dealing with my iPhone.

Leave a comment:

• goodlun
    replied

The feedback is horrendous and microphones pick up the smallest background noises. Worse, the oldies who don’t know how to put their phones on silent and it goes off during a Skype call.

Once borders are open I will send you my video entry to get back on to that bucket list.
    Time to switch to zoom

Leave a comment:

• Lily
    replied
    Originally posted by hungryjoe View Post

You can't stand a little belching and the random fart?

....scratches Lily from bucket list.

Leave a comment:

• AprilRains
    replied
    Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post

Goodbye.
    Are you capitulating before your eventual ban, or are you leaving of your own free will in advance of it?

Leave a comment:

• AprilRains
    replied
    Skype meetings with older people at work who don’t know how to mute their microphones - lord help me.
    For once, we are in complete agreement.

Leave a comment:

• hungryjoe
    replied
    Skype meetings with older people at work who don’t know how to mute their microphones - lord help me.
    You can't stand a little belching and the random fart?

....scratches Lily from bucket list.

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X