Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I for one am not worrying.
    Its spread to the west seems very slow.
    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
    –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Comment

Originally posted by goodlun View Post
      I for one am not worrying.
      Its spread to the west seems very slow.
      The incubation period is long enough that we could have a bunch of infected that don't know if yet. This got out on 12/08/2019 and it didn't really start hitting the news until a week and a half ago.

Comment

Originally posted by submessenger View Post
        Haha, this is going viral, no pun intended:

Allegedly, RLSW is the firm which stole the virus and let it leak.

For the uninformed, the red version is the logo of Umbrella Corporation, which is the fictitious company in the Resident Evil franchise which unleashes zombies on the world.
        I'm going to go with this is not real but if it is then we're going to need to get Mila Jovavich and a truck load of guns.
        "Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

Comment

Originally posted by Dung Beatles View Post
          I'm going to go with this is not real but if it is then we're going to need to get Mila Jovavich and a truck load of guns.
          Yeah, it's EXACTLY the same logo (up to color). No way it's real!
          go to http://www.bullshido.net/forums/prof...do=editoptions > under Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Comment

Originally posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
            Yeah, it's EXACTLY the same logo (up to color). No way it's real!
            Yeah, I mean it's not like China is notorious for blatant copyright, trademark, and patent infringement or anything.

Comment

Originally posted by ghost55 View Post
              Yeah, I mean it's not like China is notorious for blatant copyright, trademark, and patent infringement or anything.
              Right? It's like a self-fulfilling prophecy, or some shit.
              Being correct on the Internet is orders of magnitude easier than being correct in the Universe. Perhaps we should all concentrate more on the latter...

Comment

Sounds like a fun Saturday night, to me.
                Being correct on the Internet is orders of magnitude easier than being correct in the Universe. Perhaps we should all concentrate more on the latter...

Comment

Originally posted by submessenger View Post
                  Right? It's like a self-fulfilling prophecy, or some shit.
                  I love how they can barely get half of their stolen tech to work. If you want to make a Chinese nationalist seethe, ask them how that gen 5 fighter jet engine is coming along...

Comment

It's not only real, it was first reported back in the summer.

So, all those reports and chatter from past June are really funny now.

And it turns out this isn't the only Asian health industry company using the logo. Some contract graphic designer out there is laughing their ass off.

Here's a Vietnamese skin care clinic using the actual Umbrella logo.

https://kotaku.com/resident-evils-um...ble-1795808440
                    '“I am no advocate of passivity,” Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. “Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.”'

My Glossary: https://www.bullshido.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=129294

Comment

The incubation period is long enough that we could have a bunch of infected that don't know if yet. This got out on 12/08/2019 and it didn't really start hitting the news until a week and a half ago.
                      3 to 4 weeks is a pretty long time. -3,554 reported infected, 131 reported dead.

A former Harvard epidemiologist said he estimated only 5% have been diagnosed in Hubei.

Compare that to two weeks ago when it was about a hundred people reported diagnosed.

Judging by those numbers I'd say the US isn't even close to shifting into 2nd gear on this.

Please note: I'm not saying it will be a doomsday plague or anything. Honestly It's only been two months and the CCP aren't reporting recoveries. Even if they did, who would trust them? What I am saying is that it's going to get a lot worse before it gets better and you can count on a lot of people with compromised or for whatever reason weaker immune systems will be in serious trouble. The rest of us will probably be OK even if we get it. Probably but taking precautions anyway is a good idea.
                      Last edited by Dung Beatles; 1/28/2020 6:37pm, .
                      "Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

Comment

Meh, so far the only cases in the US have been to that city in China, when we actually see one in the US from someone that didn't travel to China will I worry about it. Fuck its not even spreading that fast in a population dense city where people don't respect personal space at all. Where respiratory issues are already terrible, and where public health has its own challenges.
                        It will not be some doomsday plague like the Spanish flu, it will die out with a whimper in the west.
                        Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.

Comment

Meh, so far the only cases in the US have been to that city in China, when we actually see one in the US from someone that didn't travel to China will I worry about it. Fuck its not even spreading that fast in a population dense city where people don't respect personal space at all. Where respiratory issues are already terrible, and where public health has its own challenges.
                          It will not be some doomsday plague like the Spanish flu, it will die out with a whimper in the west.
                          I hope you're right.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1580278428808.jpg
Size:	15.5 KB
ID:	4331033

Seems like a great way to prevent zoonosis

Comment

Australia is going to evacuate 400-600 of our citizens out of Hubei province and isolate them on Christmas Island for 14 days before they are allowed back in (pending health checks I’d guess).

My friends and family aren’t in the province and are well, they’ll return via their normal commercial flights.

Schools, pools, workplaces in Aus have already been sending out updates to the community, have asked for self policing and those flagged by the health authorities need clearance to return to work/school. It is being handled well I think. Unfortunately there have been racist Facebook posts and spam emails about ‘suburbs to avoid’ and similar bs, people are so stupid.
                              "I'm reluctant to sound like a total fa66ot as well, but my background in sculpture gave me an edge in understanding how we're expected to move thru space." - The Other Other Serge

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18436[/ATTACH]

Seems like a great way to prevent zoonosis
                                That can't be real. Because WHAT THE FUCK??!!

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X