replied
    Originally posted by goodlun View Post

No but they to will eventually die.
    As will you and I.

Leave a comment:

• goodlun
    replied
    Originally posted by Lily View Post

The horses aren’t going to get COVID silly. It is the economic impact of all these hysterical shutdowns that is going to cause us all more pain.
    No but they to will eventually die.

Leave a comment:

• Lily
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael Tzadok View Post

What happened to, "They're all going to die sooner or later anyway, so what if it is sooner?" Don't tell me your principles fly out the window when it is something or someone you care about.
    The horses aren’t going to get COVID silly. It is the economic impact of all these hysterical shutdowns that is going to cause us all more pain.

Leave a comment:

• goodlun
    replied
    Got a call out of the blue, property owner waving rent for April, just shows that there are some decent people out there.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Tzadok
    replied
    I’m feeling ill over my son’s riding school potentially having to shut down if people don’t keep going for lessons. Last weekend was full but this week we have more closures and more people are staying at home.

The owner is concerned if there is a drop off she may have to sell off or even put down some of them. This is the kicker that is making me want to dip into my savings and bank roll her for the rest of the year - she’s a damn proud lady and may not even allow it but I could rally the forces. It goes against my normal stance to not intervene in the market, animals make me irrational.
    What happened to, "They're all going to die sooner or later anyway, so what if it is sooner?" Don't tell me your principles fly out the window when it is something or someone you care about.

Leave a comment:

• Lily
    replied
    Originally posted by BKR View Post

Sounds like she is operating on a hand-to-mouth basis?

Most places will buy hay and feed in bulk.
    I’ll found out how much feed she has. Have provided over the counter supplements and grooming product for the horses last year and can get cost price equine medication from my work for her. She has a long term lease that she has to pay otherwise no where to stable all the horses (>20), maybe she can speak to the property owner and get an extension on lease repayments.

Leave a comment:

• BKR
    replied
    I’m feeling ill over my son’s riding school potentially having to shut down if people don’t keep going for lessons. Last weekend was full but this week we have more closures and more people are staying at home.

The owner is concerned if there is a drop off she may have to sell off or even put down some of them. This is the kicker that is making me want to dip into my savings and bank roll her for the rest of the year - she’s a damn proud lady and may not even allow it but I could rally the forces. It goes against my normal stance to not intervene in the market, animals make me irrational.
    Sounds like she is operating on a hand-to-mouth basis?

Most places will buy hay and feed in bulk.

Leave a comment:

• BKR
    replied
    Will try my bestest.

You know I’m a vegetarian!
    Sorry, I forgot about that. What about Fruit Bats?

Can't help myself.

Leave a comment:

• Lily
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Lily
    replied
    Will try my bestest.

You know I’m a vegetarian!

Leave a comment:

• BKR
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael Tzadok View Post

I don't see that new testing will be helpful unless they actually decide to test everyone. Over here we are up to testing I think 5000(goal was 7000 but I don't think we got there yet) people per day, with drive through testing stations even, that is while the entire nation has been put in increasing self isolation. The US to my knowledge still only has plans to test those hospitalized and the rich that can afford an expensive procedure, meanwhile you have guys like this tool here that just wander around even when they suspect they may be infected:

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/23/p...ine/index.htmlhttps://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/23/p...ine/index.html
    Rand Paul is a tool, anyway, with shitty takedown defense...

Leave a comment:

• BKR
    replied
    It is a dream driving on the roads in the mornings.

The pharma I work at turned one of our lines to producing hand sanitiser and surface sanitisers overnight (WHO had posted the formulation). Distributed to all employees and boxes of the stuff for us to hand out at our local schools. No logos or branding on the product either so it is not about marketing.

I am going a tiny bit stir crazy at the idea I shouldn’t fly even interstate, so have booked a holiday house in the Blue Mountains about 90 minutes west of Sydney. Will go out for a few bush walks, order as much takeaway to support the local cafes, and relax. Was supposed to have been in Florida for 3 weeks...oh well, another time.
    Don't eat any bats.

Leave a comment:

• Diesel_tke
    replied
    Originally posted by doofaloofa View Post

We have a friend who is high up in the administration of the regional health service

She doesn't seem to be taking things seriously at all

Giving people advice that they can visit elderly relatives, mocking our social distancing efforts

Very bad for moral
    Yeah, the flip flopping is pretty frustrating because most people will just latch on to whichever is convenient to what they want to do. Then everyone can be pissed at each other for not getting it.

Leave a comment:

• Kovacs
    replied
    Originally posted by doofaloofa View Post

We have a friend who is high up in the administration of the regional health service

Giving people advice that they can visit elderly relatives, mocking our social distancing efforts

Very bad for moral
    If they carry on like this the army will be deployed and butt-strokes will commence until morale improves.

Leave a comment:

• doofaloofa
    replied
    Originally posted by Diesel_tke View Post

Yep, I agree. Just thought it was funny that her doc wasn't on board.

Very bad for moral

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X