X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Tzadok
    replied
    Originally posted by Dung Beatles View Post

You've got it in one. That's where the good ol' US of A is at right now. You can bullshit people, you can bullshit institutions, you can apparently bullshit plain reading of the law but you can't bullshit a highly infectious disease and bullshit is the only thing this administration is geared up to do.

I heard they are setting up checkpoints and self quarantining entrances to entire counties in some places.

It would be funny if the potential dire consequences of the Trump administration's incompetence weren't so clear.

People only think the panic is bad now. If this continued mass failure goes on much longer the panic will reach a crescendo and we'll have riots, mass civil unrest and 3rd world police solutions on our hands.

Of course, Trump will blame everyone when he has the lion's share of the blame for downplaying the problem until it was spread everywhere and then he'll blame the people who did do the right thing after the entire work has burnt down around him. He'll savagely sow division straight through and never once take responsibility like a man for a god damned second.

We elected a spineless coward, gave them the keys to the kingdom and the second a truly big problem popped up, he immediately began covering his own ass in praise and his critics with threats. His duty to the public welfare, comes a distant second to his effort to insulate himself from the fallout.
    Really the only thing that could be done would be for Congress to invoke Article 1:9 of the Constitution and the Administration, with the approval of Congress to declare martial law and put the nation into a lock down.

You can't put this only on the Administration, frankly, there are the selfish citizens and both parties that have turned politics and responses into team sports. We The People got sold out for Elephants and Donkeys. The only people in power right now that you can say are blameless in this are the 9 judges of the US Supreme Court.

Leave a comment:

• Dung Beatles
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael Tzadok View Post

I can't remember whether it was Hamburger Hill or Platoon(or another Viet Nam war movie I'm thinking of) where the guy essentially gets blown in half and the medic is sitting there saying "Don't worry, you'll be fine, you'll be fine."
    That is what is going on at that COVID Taskforce Briefing at this point. The US continues with exponential growth in infections, doctors, nurses and EMS aren't even being tested despite being exposed. There are hospitals that are literally having to shop for things that they can substitute for PPE at Home Depot, i.e. the health system is starting to show its first signs of collapse. So now Trump and crew are saying "Don't worry it's OK, you will be OK."
    You've got it in one. That's where the good ol' US of A is at right now. You can bullshit people, you can bullshit institutions, you can apparently bullshit plain reading of the law but you can't bullshit a highly infectious disease and bullshit is the only thing this administration is geared up to do.

I heard they are setting up checkpoints and self quarantining entrances to entire counties in some places.

It would be funny if the potential dire consequences of the Trump administration's incompetence weren't so clear.

People only think the panic is bad now. If this continued mass failure goes on much longer the panic will reach a crescendo and we'll have riots, mass civil unrest and 3rd world police solutions on our hands.

Of course, Trump will blame everyone when he has the lion's share of the blame for downplaying the problem until it was spread everywhere and then he'll blame the people who did do the right thing after the entire work has burnt down around him. He'll savagely sow division straight through and never once take responsibility like a man for a god damned second.

We elected a spineless coward, gave them the keys to the kingdom and the second a truly big problem popped up, he immediately began covering his own ass in praise and his critics with threats. His duty to the public welfare, comes a distant second to his effort to insulate himself from the fallout.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Tzadok
    replied

Honestly, that's his best bet to salvage his legacy if he even wants to salvage it.
    I can't remember whether it was Hamburger Hill or Platoon(or another Viet Nam war movie I'm thinking of) where the guy essentially gets blown in half and the medic is sitting there saying "Don't worry, you'll be fine, you'll be fine."
    That is what is going on at that COVID Taskforce Briefing at this point. The US continues with exponential growth in infections, doctors, nurses and EMS aren't even being tested despite being exposed. There are hospitals that are literally having to shop for things that they can substitute for PPE at Home Depot, i.e. the health system is starting to show its first signs of collapse. So now Trump and crew are saying "Don't worry it's OK, you will be OK."

Leave a comment:

• Dung Beatles
    replied
    Originally posted by doofaloofa View Post

Mike will turn the other cheek, and let Don stab him in the front, like a good Christian
    Honestly, that's his best bet to salvage his legacy if he even wants to salvage it.

Leave a comment:

• doofaloofa
    replied

It's only a matter of time before Trump stabs Pence in the back. It will be part of his final 'fuck you' to everyone who helped him.
    Mike will turn the other cheek, and let Don stab him in the front, like a good Christian

Leave a comment:

• Dung Beatles
    replied
    Originally posted by doofaloofa View Post
    So it seems that 45 has taken over the daily COVID briefings because every one was saying what a great job Pence was doing, and you know how Don hates folk stealing his ratings
    It's only a matter of time before Trump stabs Pence in the back. It will be part of his final 'fuck you' to everyone who helped him.

Leave a comment:

• doofaloofa
    replied
    So it seems that 45 has taken over the daily COVID briefings because every one was saying what a great job Pence was doing, and you know how Don hates folk stealing his ratings

Leave a comment:

• hungryjoe
    replied
    Originally posted by Lily

So many responses to this. But I’ll go with the first question that popped into my head - tell me about your time in Malta!
    Business trip. I was there to check out the Maltese facility for a review of several areas on behalf of the owner/President. Everyone knew why I was there. Hence, someone every night had take Joe out to dinner and entertain duty. By week two I was pretty wore out and requested to have the following Saturday to sleep in.

Saturday morning, I'm watching the news, Iraqis are celebrating. Auto and air horns start blowing outside. Get a phone call, I have a visitor in the lobby.

Malta had voted to join the EU. All drinking, driving and party in general laws were shelved. Dear lord, it was a weekend long celebration.

Visited the historic places, ate a bunch of awesome sea food and was allowed, for one night, entry into a "gentleman's club" wearing my sneakers. I still have the shoes I bought for a return visit.

Ate some horse. Practiced some JJJ and had an all around good time.

Leave a comment:

• Kovacs
    replied
    Ive got boxes and boxes of ration packs (MRE’s) which my partner has been trying to throw away for years and now I’m like ‘told you soooooooo!’.

Naturally being really grown up about the whole thing.

Leave a comment:

• Dung Beatles
    replied
    I'd like to point out something that should be troubling.

The price of Ramen noodles on Amazon Prime.

A 24 pack of Top Ramen noodles cost about $5.00 at the grocery store.

On Amazon Prime right now it costs between $25.00 and $30.00 plus $5.00 shipping and most of it is sold out.

Shortages really make weird shit happen. Imagine Top ramen as a sudden cash cow item. Nobody saw that coming. Accumulated shit like this is the deflation that kills economies. The price will undoubtedly go back down as manufacturing rises to meet demand but in the mean time, that years supply of costco MRE's that the media made fun of is looking more and more like the hottest deal that got away.

Leave a comment:

• Dung Beatles
    replied
    Originally posted by goodlun View Post
    Got a call out of the blue, property owner waving rent for April, just shows that there are some decent people out there.
    I got a mass mailed letter too saying how they were sorry about how everyone is having to make sacrifices, so please mail the rent check in as early as possible this time so they can process payments at the bank on such a limited staff.

Everyone has a bottom line, most of the time it's money.
    Last edited by Dung Beatles; 3/25/2020 7:12am, .

Leave a comment:

• BKR
    replied
    Originally posted by Lily View Post

I’ll found out how much feed she has. Have provided over the counter supplements and grooming product for the horses last year and can get cost price equine medication from my work for her. She has a long term lease that she has to pay otherwise no where to stable all the horses (>20), maybe she can speak to the property owner and get an extension on lease repayments.
    You are very kind.

Leave a comment:

• goodlun
    replied

I am turning 40 this year. So don’t you dare try to upstage me young whipper snapper!!
    Oh no your turning old enough to worry about COVID-19!!!!
    (We won't mention that technically I am little bit older)

Leave a comment:

• Lily
    replied
    Originally posted by goodlun View Post

Didn't anyone tell you its not polite to remind middle aged people of this?
    I am turning 40 this year. So don’t you dare try to upstage me young whipper snapper!!

Leave a comment:

• goodlun
    replied

As will you and I.
    Didn't anyone tell you its not polite to remind middle aged people of this?

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X