Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lily View Post

And this is relevant to the discussion?

Do I have to pull out Sydney house penis prices?
    I mean it was a direct response to a question you asked.....
    The underlying morbid message is one person's trajectory is often times someone else's win fall and vice versa.
    ​​​​​​The "joke" was if all them people died I would actually be able to buy a house where I live.

Comment

One of my customers makes hand sanitizer among other products. They're out of the pump bottles and selling by the gallon now.

Free to me. Another customer makes paper products. May have to make a visit. Damn hoarders.

Comment

Reminder to all: it's perfectly legal to make ethanol at home (with a TTB fuel permit) as long as you aren't drinking it.

Either way, 120 proof everclear will eliminate the virus.

Should cost less than $2/gal to make.

Comment

• submessenger
          submessenger commented
          Editing a comment
          This is a gross underestimation of the cost. You have to source the raw ingredients for each batch (probably save a few cents on yeast by doing sour mash).

Fermenting vessel is going to set you back $$$, if you want any sort of volume. Bungs are basically consumables, so get several to start.

Other capital expenses in a still, even if it's just a 1 gallon-ish pot still you build from Walmart parts, you're still way over the $2, there. If you're going to drink, plan on spending a couple hundred, here - again, dependent on volume you expect to produce. This could easily get into 5 figures. Not even talking about licensing and/or fines.

Cost of your own labor.

Time for the fermentation to complete.

Energy to heat the still.

Price of municipal water, or processed water, or cost to reclaim and sterilize from nature.

To get a pint of something at 120ABV, starting from nothing, you're looking at the most expensive bottle of everclear ever produced.

The best Satire I have seen so far:

Click image for larger version

Name:	90416223_3128313857393777_5661069326250147840_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_oc=AQmeP58mh5sq8-eRCvNXLH6cSt_AV6vejk6lJE6woIvIMZEppNqBpUOItNAS_6eMCEM&_nc_ht=scontent.fsan1-2.fna&oh=6cbf9de5eeaa4a3ea34947f01136848b&oe=5E9AD2ED.jpg
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	4594038

Comment

How is Sub pulling off those nifty micro threads?

Also, he beat me to it. Building a large quantity still correctly will not be cheap and it will not be fast. Just order rubbing alcohol off of Amazon and don't try to do crazy shit like that.

You're more likely to burn your damn house down.

Comment

17.9% of people who get the virus may be asymptomatic while remaining highly infectious throughout according to a new report from Forbes magazine.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucele.../#30ea06ae7e90

Edit: Now is a great time for mandatory but free public testing for every person.

Comment

And of fucking course, just naturally:

Russian media ‘spreading Covid-19 disinformation
              Leaked EU report says pro-Kremlin outlets seeking to aggravate public health crisis

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...disinformation

Comment

Originally posted by Dung Beatles View Post
                How is Sub pulling off those nifty micro threads?

Also, he beat me to it. Building a large quantity still correctly will not be cheap and it will not be fast. Just order rubbing alcohol off of Amazon and don't try to do crazy shit like that.

You're more likely to burn your damn house down.
                Maybe you would; not I. I can make fuel, dude, more legally and physically risk-free than you growing cannabis. It's a DIY thing.

He's using the Comment feature. It's a way of avoiding the Like and Reply functions.

Sub's a clever guy. He knows how to route around me.

Comment

Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post

Maybe you would; not I. I can make fuel, dude, more legally and physically risk-free than you growing cannabis. It's a DIY thing.

He's using the Comment feature. It's a way of avoiding the Like and Reply functions.

Sub's a clever guy. He knows how to route around me.
                  Rabbit, Dung is growing cannabis.

He actually knows how to do something, and demonstrates that because he is doing it.

That is a world of difference to you "saying" you can do something, because you read about somebody doing it, or you saw somebody on TV doing it, etc, etc.

You have very little skills in the real world, and very little practical expertise in anything.

Dung on the other hand has real expertise in growing cannabis and other practical real world skills.

Do not cause noise for the other post readers regarding real expertise, like Dung's, with your false claims and braggadocio.

Bullshido may be pub style conversations, but that means you are "that guy" in the pub with fish story after fish story of nonsense claims after a pint or two.

Comment

This is why France and Italy banned family gatherings. One large family dinner in NJ led to a decimation that included the deaths of a mother of 11 (middle), two of her older children, and 4 still in ICU. The pic below is from that dinner just 2 weeks ago.

​​​​​Coronavirus Ravages 7 Members of a Single Family, Killing 3

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/18/n...ronavirus.html
                    Well... according to Lily they were going to die sooner or later anyway, so what's the big deal?

Comment

Please explain how growing a plant is less “physically risk-free” than utilizing a still? I’ve never come across a gardening operation that ran the risk of a minor explosion, unlike the one that’s present when using a still.
                      Shut the hell up and train.

Comment

Originally posted by Dung Beatles View Post
                        17.9% of people who get the virus may be asymptomatic while remaining highly infectious throughout according to a new report from Forbes magazine.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucele.../#30ea06ae7e90

Edit: Now is a great time for mandatory but free public testing for every person.
                        That would be a for of socialized medicine that your country doesnt like. Hell you all cant even get people to stay out bars and such. The "We Will Not Comply" movement that has sprung up around various city and State states of emergency ought to tell you that social responsibility is in short supply in the US, and a lot of people, unfortunately, view things like Lily does: "Some people are going to die, but who gives a fuck as long as I'm not inconvenienced".

Comment

Reminder to all: it's perfectly legal to make ethanol at home (with a TTB fuel permit) as long as you aren't drinking it.

Either way, 120 proof everclear will eliminate the virus.

Should cost less than $2/gal to make.
                          If you have a still fully set up then maybe you can make some shine at those sorts of prices, for ingredients. Time and energy and danger... I'll just go buy a bottle of "Pure 99"(198 proof). Sterilize inside and out.

Comment

Originally posted by jnp View Post
                            Please explain how growing a plant is less “physically risk-free” than utilizing a still? I’ve never come across a gardening operation that ran the risk of a minor explosion, unlike the one that’s present when using a still.
                            Minor explosion?? Pulling an Uncle Jesse is incredibly dangerous and can result in a large explosion. As a fuel source it's not ideal anyway.

Comment

It's a DIY thing.
                              How about we make this a challenge?

I've got time on my hands. Your still vs my still.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190614_222216.jpg Size:	26.0 KB ID:	4594087

Edit: I have no super powers or super Wabbit DIY knowledge but as with all of The Greatest practitioners of Batman-Do krav-fu, I have spent a shit load of money.
                              Last edited by Dung Beatles; 3/20/2020 9:14am, .

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X