X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• goodlun
    replied
    Originally posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post

This is more of a measured response. Pointing out that it's not a falling sky is fine. Pointing out that there are much worse things to worry about is also normal. Minimizing the deaths of people however is not only a dick move, it's one that shows a lack of basic human decency. And no I'm not referring to you.
    Its a simple understanding of the fact that no one dies of old age.
    Being upset over a "new" way that mostly old people are dying is silly.

Leave a comment:

• Bneterasedmynam
    replied
    Originally posted by Dung Beatles View Post

Well, let's do some iffy math.

If the coronavirus has a mortality rate of 1.2% and 500,000,000 people worldwide get it then it's still 6,000,000 deaths. That's not nothing.

I'm pulling that number almost entirely out of my ass since I don't trust the Chinese numbers. It doesn't appear to be killing children though so that's very reassuring.

But it's not worth panicking over. It's the circle of life. I'm almost certain I'm going to get it though because all of my employees have children and they always bring their shitty bugs to work.
    This is more of a measured response. Pointing out that it's not a falling sky is fine. Pointing out that there are much worse things to worry about is also normal. Minimizing the deaths of people however is not only a dick move, it's one that shows a lack of basic human decency. And no I'm not referring to you.

Leave a comment:

• Bneterasedmynam
    replied
    Originally posted by goodlun View Post

Yep, I have 0 compunction about admitting I think in terms of numbers very well and can compare numbers of those effected vs those not pretty damn easily and lose no fucks over it. At the heart of what I do professionally is analysis. Small numbers of "bad" things happening in a global population will never really bother me. Not to mention this one fact. We all will die, even the very universe itself. So an old person dying has 0 impact on me.
    so·ci·o·path
    /ˈsōsēōˌpaTH/
    noun
    1. a person with a personality disorder manifesting itself in extreme antisocial attitudes and behavior and a lack of conscience.

Leave a comment:

• Dung Beatles
    replied

In a world with 6 billion no,I have little sympathy for a mere 3000 people dying from a disease.

Well, let's do some iffy math.

If the coronavirus has a mortality rate of 1.2% and 500,000,000 people worldwide get it then it's still 6,000,000 deaths. That's not nothing.

I'm pulling that number almost entirely out of my ass since I don't trust the Chinese numbers. It doesn't appear to be killing children though so that's very reassuring.

But it's not worth panicking over. It's the circle of life. I'm almost certain I'm going to get it though because all of my employees have children and they always bring their shitty bugs to work.
    Last edited by Dung Beatles; 2/28/2020 1:54am, .

Leave a comment:

• W. Rabbit
    replied

Don't be a ninny, you know what I meant.
    Yep.

Leave a comment:

• Dung Beatles
    replied
    Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post

Such a saint, you are.
    Don't be a ninny, you know what I meant.

Leave a comment:

• goodlun
    replied

You said it, not I.
    Yep, I have 0 compunction about admitting I think in terms of numbers very well and can compare numbers of those effected vs those not pretty damn easily and lose no fucks over it. At the heart of what I do professionally is analysis. Small numbers of "bad" things happening in a global population will never really bother me. Not to mention this one fact. We all will die, even the very universe itself. So an old person dying has 0 impact on me.

Leave a comment:

• W. Rabbit
    replied
    this is mostly going to kill the elderly and people with contributing illnesses outside of natural decline. Not much to worry about, for young people,
    Such a saint, you are.

Leave a comment:

• goodlun
    replied
    More people will be executed in China this year than die by COVID-19

Leave a comment:

• Dung Beatles
    replied
    The death rate is (supposedly) something like 14% for 80+ year old in China, 0.4% for people under 40. So, this is mostly going to kill the elderly and people with contributing illnesses outside of natural decline. Not much to worry about, for young people, other than getting shitty viral pneumonia.

I'm going to start calling this OK BOOMER or Millennial's Revenge in the hopes that millennial's get the blame.

Leave a comment:

• W. Rabbit
    replied
    More people died today of Heart Disease than in the entirety of the COVID-19 outbreak
    nope.

Leave a comment:

• goodlun
    replied
    More people died today of Heart Disease than in the entirety of the COVID-19 outbreak

Leave a comment:

• W. Rabbit
    replied

In a world with 6 billion no,I have little sympathy for a mere 3000 people dying from a disease.
    You said it, not I.

Leave a comment:

• goodlun
    replied

3,000 dead.

Have you no heart left?

Leave a comment:

• W. Rabbit
    replied
    Originally posted by hungryjoe View Post
    And Wrabbit.
    3,000 dead.

Have you no heart left?

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X