X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• goodlun
    replied
    Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post

Like all virii it's a matter of exposure levels. That's why the doctor who discovered this virus is in fact, deceased. He didn't win the lottery, he helped save a lot of people and sacrificed his lungs.
    There is the very real possibility that the state actually killed that dr.

Leave a comment:

• W. Rabbit
    replied
    Originally posted by Dung Beatles View Post

I didn't see where JNP brought it up, I certainly wouldn't have but it does show you have some kind of tourettes like inability to stop yourself from saying/writing fucked up things.
    I didn't write anything fucked up, but I presumed that his bullshit comment about me being callous about a dead child and Joe's subsequent response was connected. Joe has talked about this in detail and according to my post history and PMs here and off site, I've been nothing but supportive.

For the record, I've never made any callous or fucked up comments about anyone's death on Bullshido.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 2/28/2020 2:03pm, .

Leave a comment:

• Dung Beatles
    replied

hypocrite.

Don't call jnp an asshole.

He's the most moral guy on Bullshido.
    I didn't see where JNP brought it up, I certainly wouldn't have but it does show you have some kind of tourettes like inability to stop yourself from saying/writing fucked up things.

Leave a comment:

• W. Rabbit
    replied

JESUS CHRIST
    hypocrite.

Don't call jnp an asshole.

He's the most moral guy on Bullshido.

Leave a comment:

• Dung Beatles
    replied

I remember sending you a heartfelt PM about
    JESUS CHRIST.

Don't be a fuckign asshole.

That is NOT the kind of shit you bring up. Delete that you SOB.

Leave a comment:

• Dung Beatles
    replied
    Originally posted by doofaloofa View Post
    What are the odds that Trump has spent all the Pandemic Preparedness money on the Wall?
    Originally posted by SNOPES
    What's True
    The Trump administration's proposed 2021 budget includes cuts to the CDC's activities related to chronic disease.
    What's False
    Congress hasn't approved the budget, so CDC funding in 2021 remains unclear.
    Source:https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-cut-cdc-budget/

Here are some of the highlights of that:

1. "As The Washington Post explains, those funding cuts target the CDC’s chronic disease activities:" Mostly from funding for HIV/AIDS.

2. "Trump’s budgets have proposed cuts to public health, only to be overruled by Congress, where there’s strong bipartisan support for agencies such as the CDC and NIH. Instead, financing has increased."

3. "It is also true that in 2018 the Trump administration fired key officials connected to the U.S. pandemic response, and they were not replaced." Reminds me of the State department situation to be honest.

4."Also in 2018, news reports circulated that detailed the Trump administration’s cut by 80% to the CDC’s program that worked in various countries to fight epidemics." That is to say, they drastically reduced foreign cooperation to target epidemics in foreign countries. It's a fair criticism that this was short sighted.

5. Special note: "The fact that epidemic prevention-efforts were scaled back in China gained new significance in February 2020 as coronavirus spread globally after it was first detected in Wuhan, China, in late 2019." Would it have helped? I don't know but it certainly looks bad.

Leave a comment:

• W. Rabbit
    replied
    Originally posted by hungryjoe View Post

Asshole.
    I remember sending you a heartfelt PM about that. So that can't be what they're referring to.

Probably a misunderstanding, like always.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 2/28/2020 1:36pm, .

Leave a comment:

• doofaloofa
    replied
    Originally posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post

IMHO the house should just appropriate Trump the wall money and be done with it. It's a silly hill to battle over.
    IMHO Trump should forget his silly promise to build an ineffective, coast to coast wall, and fix the infrastructure instead...like he promised

Leave a comment:

• hungryjoe
    replied

When and where was this again? I'm drawing a blank.
    Asshole.

Leave a comment:

• Bneterasedmynam
    replied
    Originally posted by doofaloofa View Post
    What are the odds that Trump has spent all the Pandemic Preparedness money on the Wall?
    IMHO the house should just appropriate Trump the wall money and be done with it. It's a silly hill to battle over.

Leave a comment:

• W. Rabbit
    replied

The cruise ship has had 5 mortalities and 705 infected. That's a ratio of 1 infected to .007 deaths. If we can use that as an accurate guide to people with abundant access to adequate medical care then this will probably be a significant killer of the already very infirm. Probably a good time to give a good set of heavy clean blankets and warm clothes to grandpa and grandma.
    Like all virii it's a matter of exposure levels. That's why the doctor who discovered this virus is in fact, deceased. He didn't win the lottery, he helped save a lot of people and sacrificed his lungs.

Leave a comment:

• Dung Beatles
    replied

Well, let's do some iffy math.

If the coronavirus has a mortality rate of 1.2%

I'm pulling that number almost entirely out of my ass since I don't trust the Chinese numbers. It doesn't appear to be killing children though so that's very reassuring.
    The cruise ship has had 5 mortalities and 705 infected. That's a ratio of 1 infected to .007 deaths. If we can use that as an accurate guide to people with abundant access to adequate medical care then this will probably be a significant killer of the already very infirm. Probably a good time to give a good set of heavy clean blankets and warm clothes to grandpa and grandma.

Leave a comment:

• W. Rabbit
    replied
    Originally posted by jnp View Post
    Well, it’s not like he made a callous comment about your child dying.

That was you, Mr. Heartfelt
    When and where was this again? I'm drawing a blank.

Leave a comment:

• doofaloofa
    replied

Leave a comment:

• jnp
    replied

3,000 dead.

Have you no heart left?
    Well, it’s not like he made a callous comment about your child dying.

That was you, Mr. Heartfelt

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X