X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hungryjoe
    replied
    I am going to eat my dog.

We're well stocked for food but the little bastard just ate my front tooth.

I'd babied the loose original until it finally fell out. Made it through daughter #1's wedding before giving up not many months later last year. Replaced with a partial.

Called the dentist. Recording advised they're shut down for 2-3 weeks. Corona virus. The material isn't receptive to adhesives except one type which basically fuses through melting. I can do this. Taken out for old man nap, I laid it on the coffee table.

Little bastard won't dress out to maybe 8-10lbs of meat. And he's old. Anybody have a good rub recipe for nine year old thieving dogs?

Thought I'd share so you can chuckle at my misery. The dog is safe. He's a usually well behaved and intelligent member of the family.

Leave a comment:

• Dung Beatles
    replied
    Originally posted by ghost55 View Post

Thankfully we now know for a fact that in utero transmission isn't possible.
    Well, thank Chiba for that.

Leave a comment:

• ghost55
    replied
    Originally posted by Dung Beatles View Post
    I have self sequestered in my home because of a shitty head cold which will make me more prone to getting sick. All that inflamed tissue in my nose is like a screen door on a submarine.

As an aside:

I'm in Washington state and both of my mechanic buddy's adult sons and both of their families have coronavirus symptoms and still no way to test. All have had high fevers, chest infections and jobs that expose them to the public. These are two very strong, very fit young people: a 25 year old car dealer and a 27 year old firefighter EMS guy. Both are too sick to drive to Seattle to get the free test. Another friend's wife is importing a bunch of antibody testing kits from China through her medical supply company, so I already put in an order for those guys.

I personally believe that they do have coronavirus because last week it was just one of their kids with symptoms and this week, it's all 4 of their collective children, both their wives and both of them. The worse fucking part is the youngest's wife is 9 months pregnant, and I don't know what the cross over effect is but a newborn child with no immunities to this thing scares the living daylights out of me. I have a personal relationship with the expecting father and I love that boy like a son. Much less the mother who might have to give birth while she has pneumonia. I wish I was a praying man because I would like the benefit of faith.

This virus is moving faster than the test numbers reflect. Remember, we still have inadequate testing and if the value of the deceased really is 1% then instread of the 900 cases Washington state is showing officially, the fuzzy math says we probably have closer to 5000 cases since we're already at 50 fatalities. I know that number may skew higher because so many of the deaths are in a nursing home but it doesn't reflect all of the cases that aren't getting diagnosed either.
    Thankfully we now know for a fact that in utero transmission isn't possible.

Leave a comment:

• Dung Beatles
    replied
    I have self sequestered in my home because of a shitty head cold which will make me more prone to getting sick. All that inflamed tissue in my nose is like a screen door on a submarine.

As an aside:

I'm in Washington state and both of my mechanic buddy's adult sons and both of their families have coronavirus symptoms and still no way to test. All have had high fevers, chest infections and jobs that expose them to the public. These are two very strong, very fit young people: a 25 year old car dealer and a 27 year old firefighter EMS guy. Both are too sick to drive to Seattle to get the free test. Another friend's wife is importing a bunch of antibody testing kits from China through her medical supply company, so I already put in an order for those guys.

I personally believe that they do have coronavirus because last week it was just one of their kids with symptoms and this week, it's all 4 of their collective children, both their wives and both of them. The worse fucking part is the youngest's wife is 9 months pregnant, and I don't know what the cross over effect is but a newborn child with no immunities to this thing scares the living daylights out of me. I have a personal relationship with the expecting father and I love that boy like a son. Much less the mother who might have to give birth while she has pneumonia. I wish I was a praying man because I would like the benefit of faith.

This virus is moving faster than the test numbers reflect. Remember, we still have inadequate testing and if the value of the deceased really is 1% then instread of the 900 cases Washington state is showing officially, the fuzzy math says we probably have closer to 5000 cases since we're already at 50 fatalities. I know that number may skew higher because so many of the deaths are in a nursing home but it doesn't reflect all of the cases that aren't getting diagnosed either.
    Last edited by Dung Beatles; 3/17/2020 3:29pm, .

Leave a comment:

• ghost55
    replied
    Originally posted by goodlun View Post
    I for one am not worrying.
    Its spread to the west seems very slow.
    Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

That is all.

Leave a comment:

• doofaloofa
    replied
    Have you plenty of spuds left ben?

I've still got 60kg left to dig (130lb)

Leave a comment:

• doofaloofa
    replied
    Originally posted by Kovacs View Post
    Well I’m certainly enjoying watching all the prepper Facebook pages that I’m a silent member of go into free fall. They don’t know wether to ejaculate or cry.
    I'm doing both

Leave a comment:

• cualltaigh
    replied
    I like hte graphic this site has, although the numbers seem to be lagging (might be kept more up to date during US work hours).

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashb...23467b48e9ecf6

Leave a comment:

• Dung Beatles
    replied
    Originally posted by cualltaigh View Post

Is it common for Dentists to perform appendectomies? Or were these "Dentists"?
    These are two separate things but that probably would be more entertaining.

Edit:

There are now 4,597 cases of the Coronavirus in the US. There were 917 new diagnosed cases in the past 19 hrs.

86 total deaths. 18 New Deaths today

74 people have recovered

12 people in critical condition
    Last edited by Dung Beatles; 3/16/2020 10:44pm, .

Leave a comment:

• cualltaigh
    replied
    Originally posted by Dung Beatles View Post
    People were getting a death sentence for going in to the dentist and having their appendix taken out.
    Is it common for Dentists to perform appendectomies? Or were these "Dentists"?

Leave a comment:

• Dung Beatles
    replied
    Originally posted by Lily View Post
    I am finding it hard to care that mainly old people are dying. Of course if it was children instead who were hardest hit I would be going supernova and isolating my child.

Would be great for the press to be printing deaths from suicide, vehicular accidents, shootings, flu, cancer alongside the COVID deaths. Get some perspective people!
    The problem is the risk that the medical system will be overrun and a lack of supplies materializes. People will then start to die from other preventable causes. Honestly it kind of reminds me of the early 80s back when people were just hearing about AIDS. People in high risk categories didn't take it seriously and people in low risk categories didn't take it seriously either, until it got into blood products and suddenly going in for a routine surgery was like playing Russian roulette.

People were getting a death sentence for going in to the dentist and having their appendix taken out. I'm not saying it will get that bad but if hospitals become overrun people won't be able to get the care they need to prevent problems later.

Edit: One thing some Americans haven't thought of is what happens if health insurance companies start buckling under the strain. Suddenly finding yourself without coverage or having to sue to get your bills paid will fuck people sideways and that will roll out internationally since these guys are all underwritten by banks and financial institutions. If we don't take adequate precautions to stop community spread, it could very well go to bad places.
    Last edited by Dung Beatles; 3/16/2020 8:43pm, .

Leave a comment:

• W. Rabbit
    replied
    Contrary to some of the news reporting, there is no real "curfew" in NJ right now except for certain businesses (bars, gyms, restaurants) being required to close earlier than usual.

People are not "banned" from going out, it's voluntary...as with any state of emergency.

https://www.northjersey.com/story/ne...hy/5057576002/

Leave a comment:

• goodlun
    replied
    Originally posted by Kovacs View Post
    Well I’m certainly enjoying watching all the prepper Facebook pages that I’m a silent member of go into free fall. They don’t know wether to ejaculate or cry.
    Why not a lot of column A and a little bit of column B?

Leave a comment:

• Lily
    replied
    I am finding it hard to care that mainly old people are dying. Of course if it was children instead who were hardest hit I would be going supernova and isolating my child.

Would be great for the press to be printing deaths from suicide, vehicular accidents, shootings, flu, cancer alongside the COVID deaths. Get some perspective people!

Leave a comment:

• W. Rabbit
    replied
    This is pretty urgent.

If anybody received or is forwarded something like the following, IT'S FAKE
    (https://www.nbcboston.com/news/coron...-fake/2091995/)

“I received a call very late last night from a source that works for Homeland security. He said that they are preparing to mobilize the national guard. Preparing to dispatch them across the US along with military. Next they will call in 1st responders. He said they are preparing to announce a nationwide 1 week quarantine for all citizens. All businesses closed. Everyone at home. They were told to pack and be prepared for up to 30 days deployment which he said means they may extend the quarantine up to 30 days. He told me to notify our family members and have them stock up and be prepared. They will announce this as soon as they have troops in place to help prevent looters and rioters... he said he got the call last night and was told to pack and be prepared for the call today with his dispatch orders. He thinks they will announce before the end of the weekend to keep people home on Monday. within 48 to 72 Hours the president will evoke what is called the Stafford act. Just got off the phone with high ranking military friends in DC who just got out of a two hour briefing. The president will order a two week mandatory quarantine for the nation. Stock up on whatever you need to make sure you have a two week supply of everything. Please forward to your network.
    Fake fake fake fake fake fake fake.

Really, don't forward it to your fucking network on behalf of the Russian government.

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X