Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So this is how it ends!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Well, that brings us full circle. Umbrella Corp launched the virus, and Roland of Gilead found the cure.
    Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

    Comment


      Originally posted by submessenger View Post
      Well, that brings us full circle. Umbrella Corp launched the virus, and Roland of Gilead found the cure.
      Well, MERS isn't the Novel Coronavirus, and it wasn't Umbrella Corp, more like the Wuhan food markets that launched.

      I've read worst case estimates. This virus, much like the Spanish Flu, is likely destined to infect most of the global population, and that of every million infected, a few thousand will die, while the other 97% become immune.

      That might not seem like a lot to the reader, but it is.

      Comment


        Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
        The world is going to end for a lot of people unless they find a cure soon or quarantine is effective.

        So far Wuhan coronavirus is killing 1 out of 42 people who catch it, and that's just the data we have.

        Since there are roughly 7.7B humans on Earth, that means a global spread could kill as many as about 184 million people, even assuming they have access to good healthcare. It killed the very doctor that discovered the outbreak.
        ​​​
        This would be good for the AWG crisis, though.
        Falling for Judo since 1980

        "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

        "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

        "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

        Comment


          Originally posted by submessenger View Post
          Well, that brings us full circle. Umbrella Corp launched the virus, and Roland of Gilead found the cure.
          Raccoon City is one of the best names evah...

          Last edited by BKR; 2/14/2020 10:58am, .
          Falling for Judo since 1980

          "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

          "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

          "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

          Comment


            Originally posted by BKR View Post

            This would be good for the AWG crisis, though.
            Probably, because it will take a baseball bat to the kneecaps of the global economy. In fact, it already is affecting the oil market and other futures.

            Most people haven't even noticed yet, but so much for the trade war with China. They lost.

            ​​​​​We already have coronavirus in urban centers, and being spread by flying rodents, so this will like the flu expand until everyone has been exposed. So herd immunity is great, but at a mortality price of 2.5%, that's gonna be a jagged pill to swallow over time.
            Last edited by W. Rabbit; 2/14/2020 3:36pm, .

            Comment


              Yeah this is going to have a big price tag for everyone. Lots of cheap shit from China is going to become hard to come by. We've been on its teet for too damn long.

              Coronavirus Begins to Sap Growth as Europe’s Economy Slows

              https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/14/b...ronavirus.html

              Comment


                Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
                Yeah this is going to have a big price tag for everyone. Lots of cheap shit from China is going to become hard to come by. We've been on its teet for too damn long.

                Coronavirus Begins to Sap Growth as Europe’s Economy Slows

                https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/14/b...ronavirus.html
                LOL everyone losing their shit about Trump starting a trade war with China, and they turned around and fucked themselves in the ass.
                Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post

                  Probably, because it will take a baseball bat to the kneecaps of the global economy. In fact, it already is affecting the oil market and other futures.

                  Most people haven't even noticed yet, but so much for the trade war with China. They lost.

                  ​​​​​We already have coronavirus in urban centers, and being spread by flying rodents, so this will like the flu expand until everyone has been exposed. So herd immunity is great, but at a mortality price of 2.5%, that's gonna be a jagged pill to swallow over time.
                  China is already going back to work.

                  Ah, yeah, flying rodents...carry on...
                  Falling for Judo since 1980

                  "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

                  "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

                  "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
                    Yeah this is going to have a big price tag for everyone. Lots of cheap shit from China is going to become hard to come by. We've been on its teet for too damn long.

                    Coronavirus Begins to Sap Growth as Europe’s Economy Slows

                    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/14/b...ronavirus.html
                    Good, we need to get out of China anyway, and boycott anybody who does business with them. They are after all godless commie murderers, as you report in another thread.

                    It's immoral to trade with them.
                    Falling for Judo since 1980

                    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

                    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

                    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by BKR View Post

                      China is already going back to work.

                      Ah, yeah, flying rodents...carry on...
                      According to whom, the People's Liberation Army?

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by submessenger View Post

                        LOL everyone losing their shit about Trump starting a trade war with China, and they turned around and fucked themselves in the ass.
                        This epidemic could easily have started in any major American city.

                        When (not if) it becomes "communitized" in an American city, you'll remember this thread I hope.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by BKR View Post

                          Good, we need to get out of China anyway, and boycott anybody who does business with them. They are after all godless commie murderers, as you report in another thread.
                          I can name at least two distinct PRC Ministries that do, in fact, have a history of being godless commie death squads.

                          I'm giving one half the benefit of the doubt so far. They better not get involved.

                          The other, I've already posted the hanzi for, in case those particular godless commie death squads are reading this.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
                            This epidemic could easily have started in any major American city.
                            Unlikely actually, most American cities lack the population density in close contact with livestock, more to the point US doesn't tend to eat animals that we don't already have a long history of zoonosis with.
                            Some of the craziest shit that has hit the globe has come from eating animals that have not really been domesticated yet.
                            It is suspected that the pangolin imported in huge numbers to Chinese markets for food and medicine is at the root of this. One that had a bat virus.
                            Our live stock typically are not going to catch a bat virus.

                            Also please this shit is still not that big of a deal.
                            I mean seriously shit has barely spread at all.



                            Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
                            George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post

                              Where'd you get your definition from? 15/100,000?

                              10,000 this quickly means tomorrow it will be 100,000, then potentially 1,000,000,000.
                              15 days later and still not at 100.000 cases
                              Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
                              George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by goodlun View Post

                                15 days later and still not at 100.000 cases
                                15 days? Your clock is broken.

                                Not 100,000 cases? Hahahahahaha. Just wait.

                                Comment

                                Collapse

                                Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                                Working...
                                X