X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Tzadok
    replied
    Originally posted by Kovacs View Post

That’s not too disimmilar to us regarding idiots not taking it seriously, we have been told guidelines about shutting shops etc burn ir hasn’t been enforced. I fear that if people keep fucking about then it will be enforced and people will get a lot sadder.

I’m actually surprised at how blasé some people are about this.
    Well I'm sure that Lily will be along soon to once again proclaim were are all being hysterical, while Austrailia decides to really jump into the race with infection spread.

Our rules are technically enforced here(now). The problem is the police are now undermanned to do it, and so our justice system is teetering on the brink. They need to do a call up and/or put the military police under the jurisdiction of the national police. We'll have to wait to see how it goes.

Leave a comment:

• Kovacs
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael Tzadok View Post

It isn't bad here, as far as infections or medical system overload. The government has been asking people to minimize contact ect for three weeks now. As people have ignored those calls they have upped the level of strictures. They went to enforced lockdown last week. Then a bunch of youth decided to go partying at the beach on Saturday with #untiltomorrow.

A lot of "people will grow tolerant" and "the flu is worse" BS has been floating around on social media here. We've only had one death so far.

25 people are in critical condition(out of 945 current infections). The kicker is that 15 of those 25 are under 30. The other 10 were elderly citizens that caught it from the dude who died when he spread it around their assisted living facility.

Our biggest problem is to date that our medical staff are being hit hard with self-isolation due to exposure by people who are supposed to be in isolation still showing up for regular, none critical, medical procedures.

They've already canceled all dental appointments and drafted the dental workers into the response staff.

It's the selfishness of people that is going to cause various parts of this to get a lot worse. The question is how much before the government seriously cracks down.
    That’s not too disimmilar to us regarding idiots not taking it seriously, we have been told guidelines about shutting shops etc burn ir hasn’t been enforced. I fear that if people keep fucking about then it will be enforced and people will get a lot sadder.

I’m actually surprised at how blasé some people are about this.

Leave a comment:

• AprilRains
    replied
    Originally posted by Dung Beatles View Post
    Either back down or man up, just one damn time.
    Good fuckin' luck there, buddy.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Tzadok
    replied

Is it that bad there Mike? We’re slowly having rules imposed by the government and to be fair to them I think they’re easing them in rather than just dropping a curfew etc on everyone.

I hope you’re okay. Some countries seem to be having a really fucking shit time and some not affected at all.
    It isn't bad here, as far as infections or medical system overload. The government has been asking people to minimize contact ect for three weeks now. As people have ignored those calls they have upped the level of strictures. They went to enforced lockdown last week. Then a bunch of youth decided to go partying at the beach on Saturday with #untiltomorrow.

A lot of "people will grow tolerant" and "the flu is worse" BS has been floating around on social media here. We've only had one death so far.

25 people are in critical condition(out of 945 current infections). The kicker is that 15 of those 25 are under 30. The other 10 were elderly citizens that caught it from the dude who died when he spread it around their assisted living facility.

Our biggest problem is to date that our medical staff are being hit hard with self-isolation due to exposure by people who are supposed to be in isolation still showing up for regular, none critical, medical procedures.

They've already canceled all dental appointments and drafted the dental workers into the response staff.

It's the selfishness of people that is going to cause various parts of this to get a lot worse. The question is how much before the government seriously cracks down.

Leave a comment:

• Dung Beatles
    replied
    If see or hear anyone else mentioning bugging out or living off grid I’m going fucking punch them

And take their toilet roll.
    Rorshach's Journal, March 23rd.

Wiped with double-ply today for first time ever. Beginning to regret life choices.

Leave a comment:

• Kovacs
    replied

Stage 2 human trials were called off this morning. Stage 1 proved ineffective. My source says they think the virus might still be mutating. PM made the same assertion in his address last night when he threatened a national quarantine if people didnt start abiding by the enforced lockdown.

So this may take longer to pass than a lot initially hoped.
    Is it that bad there Mike? We’re slowly having rules imposed by the government and to be fair to them I think they’re easing them in rather than just dropping a curfew etc on everyone.

I hope you’re okay. Some countries seem to be having a really fucking shit time and some not affected at all.

Leave a comment:

• Kovacs
    replied
    If see or hear anyone else mentioning bugging out or living off grid I’m going fucking punch them

And take their toilet roll.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Tzadok
    replied
    Originally posted by Lily View Post
    We have an ‘Adopt a Healthcare worker’ Facebook page here and it is great matching up the community with our frontline healthcare workers to help their families (so busy they can’t shop for groceries for their kids, school pick ups, organising lunch for staff at a med unit etc).

We continue to support all the educators, swim instructors, music teachers, coaches in our lives because they’re showing up for my child I’ll be showing up for them to keep them in their jobs.
    The second part of your post ensures that the first continues and gets worse. Here's an idea, pay them without requiring them to show up and put themselves and their loved ones at risk. Or continue and watch as your healthcare system collapses under the weight.

Leave a comment:

• Dung Beatles
    replied
    Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post

I have a couple of ideas.
    You said you already knew how to do it with "forest materials".

Either you know how to do it or you don't.

Stop moving goal posts, stop stalling for time and stop with distractions.

Either back down or man up, just one damn time.
    Last edited by Dung Beatles; 3/22/2020 6:24am, .

Leave a comment:

• Lily
    replied
    We have an ‘Adopt a Healthcare worker’ Facebook page here and it is great matching up the community with our frontline healthcare workers to help their families (so busy they can’t shop for groceries for their kids, school pick ups, organising lunch for staff at a med unit etc).

We continue to support all the educators, swim instructors, music teachers, coaches in our lives because they’re showing up for my child I’ll be showing up for them to keep them in their jobs.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Tzadok
    replied

Well it is in the works. Exactly when it will go into full production is still up in the air:
    https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/...lope-1.8665074
    https://www.jpost.com/HEALTH-SCIENCE...vaccine-619101

Aparently it is giving the Iranians fits over whether or not their religious purity will allow them to use it.
    https://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/Is...ays-yes-620900
    Stage 2 human trials were called off this morning. Stage 1 proved ineffective. My source says they think the virus might still be mutating. PM made the same assertion in his address last night when he threatened a national quarantine if people didnt start abiding by the enforced lockdown.

So this may take longer to pass than a lot initially hoped.

Leave a comment:

• W. Rabbit
    replied
    Originally posted by AprilRains View Post

Oh, God, this bullshit again.
    Yep.

Statement from FDA Commissioner Scott Gottlieb, M.D., on the agency’s scientific evidence on the presence of opioid compounds in kratom, underscoring its potential for abuse
    https://www.fda.gov/news-events/pres...ioid-compounds

Leave a comment:

• AprilRains
    replied

NO kratom. That shit is addictive and dangerous.

Oh, God, this bullshit again.

Leave a comment:

• W. Rabbit
    replied
    Originally posted by Dung Beatles View Post

Stop ducking. Define forest materials so I can get to work in my garage.
    I have a couple of ideas.

First is palatable water.

Second is filtering particles in the low-end nanometer range (1-15nm).

Leave a comment:

• Dung Beatles
    replied

NO kratom. That shit is addictive and dangerous.

Stop ducking. Define forest materials so I can get to work in my garage.

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X