So this is how it ends!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by goodlun View Post
    What is it like to live with constant fear?
    I'm advising caution, not fear. Text lacks verbal cues so it's easy to read intent incorrectly.

But, of course, for the majority of persons being rationally conscious of the situation there's always someone trying to push a hoax.

Here's some bullshit allegedly out of India claiming the virus has been designed to be a delivery mechanism for HIV:

https://twitter.com/ARanganathan72/s...20879162986496

I'm not a biologist but I highly doubt that Coronavirus attaches to CD4, since that is a marker on the surface of attacker-T immune cells and is the gateway through which HIV attacks your immune system.
    Last edited by Dung Beatles; 1/31/2020 5:31pm, .
    "Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

Comment

Originally posted by Dung Beatles View Post
      I'm advising caution, not fear. Text lacks verbal cues so it's easy to read intent incorrectly.

But, of course, for the majority of persons being rationally conscious of the situation there's always someone trying to push a hoax.

Here's some bullshit allegedly out of India claiming the virus has been designed to be a delivery mechanism for HIV:

https://twitter.com/ARanganathan72/s...20879162986496

I'm not a biologist but I highly doubt that Coronavirus attaches to CD4, since that is a marker on the surface of attacker-T immune cells and is the gateway through which HIV attacks your immune system.
      This is why I don't do media social or traditional for news, well maybe to go and look at reputable sources.
      So you will see I always go to the CDC for information on the Coronavirus as they are not in the business of spreading fear but facts.
      Nothing wrong with Cation of course but you know with 6 cases in the US, not much to be cautious of.
      Being a fairly healthy 40 year old that only lives with healthy people, I don't really have to fear the flu either.
      Hell it would give me a good reason to take a few days off of work lol.
      Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
      –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Comment

This is why I don't do media social or traditional for news, well maybe to go and look at reputable sources.
        So you will see I always go to the CDC for information on the Coronavirus as they are not in the business of spreading fear but facts.
        Nothing wrong with Cation of course but you know with 6 cases in the US, not much to be cautious of.
        Being a fairly healthy 40 year old that only lives with healthy people, I don't really have to fear the flu either.
        Hell it would give me a good reason to take a few days off of work lol.
        Well, if this thing did become a modern black plague (fat chance, I know) it would probably be pretty good for everyone else. (as terrible as that sounds)

It certainly would be interesting... and solve the housing problem.

Comment

Well, if this thing did become a modern black plague (fat chance, I know) it would probably be pretty good for everyone else. (as terrible as that sounds)

It certainly would be interesting... and solve the housing problem.
          Fun fact China has already had the black plague pretty recently.
          https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/13/healt...cli/index.html
          Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.

Comment

Fun fact China has already had the black plague pretty recently.
            https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/13/healt...cli/index.html
            The plague is still around of course. People get it all over the world every year, including the United States a few times a year if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

The plague is still around of course. People get it all over the world every year, including the United States a few times a year if I'm not mistaken.
              Really the take away should be that epidemiology has come a long way since the Spanish flu, and a shit load better than the last massive wipe out of people.
              That would actually be the something like 90% drop of indigenous population in the new world. That was they had zero natural defense against the Zoonotic diseases of the old world.
              These sort of stratified populations just are not a thing anymore with globalization.

Comment

There are now promising reports of severe cases of coronavirus patients responding rapidly and significantly to anti-viral polytherapy protocols.

Comment

https://www.who.int/docs/default-sou...rsn=195f4010_2

Seems the growth has slowed down, but The first death has been reported outside of China, in the Philippines. The
                  patient was a close contact of the first patient confirmed in the Philippines.

Comment

Interesting chart of contagious vs deadly

https://informationisbeautiful.net/v...es-in-context/

Comment

HA! Whilst you bishes are fighting over face masks and hand sanitiser I will be king of the west Cork archipelago

ALL HAIL KING DOOFA!!!111

Comment

Originally posted by doofaloofa View Post
                        HA! Whilst you bishes are fighting over face masks and hand sanitiser I will be king of the west Cork archipelago

ALL HAIL KING DOOFA!!!111
                        I don't believe the claim that you are svelte.

Comment

You're not getting those dick pics no mater how many times you ask Dr!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post

I don't believe the claim that you are svelte.
                            I would never use that word to describe myself either. I prefer "goblin-like" with a finely aged beef jerky texture. Like that one piece of bacon at the front of the bag that's had way too much contact with open air for you to be completely sure it isn't festering with dangerous microorganisms but you're still going to cook it anyway.

Comment

Battling Communist Bullshido: The Journalist Lawyer and the Kung Fu Master Killer
                              https://www.bullshido.net/forums/for...-master-killer
                              '“I am no advocate of passivity,” Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. “Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.”'

My Glossary: https://www.bullshido.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=129294

Comment

Has the world ended yet? Did I miss something? I think I missed WW3 followed up by the mass pandemic... Followed up by BJJ being watered down to strip mall TDK levels....

Comment

Working...
                                X