So this is how it ends!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    Where'd you get your definition from? 15/100,000?

10,000 this quickly means tomorrow it will be 100,000, then potentially 1,000,000,000.
    Want to bet that tomorrow it will not be 100,000?
    I am not a gambling man but that is a bet I am very willing to take.

the 15/100,000 was actually a bad number that is the epidemic rates for meningococcal infections.

Interestingly:
    CDC estimates that so far this season there have been at least 15 million flu illnesses, 140,000 hospitalizations and 8,200 deaths from flu
    So Flu once again is the thing to worry about.

Not sure what the infection rates for Cronavirus have to be to meet epidemic numbers, sorry I am not an epidemiologist.
    Could likely mine something out of this, but I don't give a fuck:
    https://www.cdc.gov/csels/dsepd/ss19...section11.html
    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
    –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Comment

I got my flu shot just tonight.

Walgreen's Pharmacy.

Want a selfie of it?

Comment

I got my flu shot just tonight.

Walgreen's Pharmacy.

Want a selfie of it?
        Not really no, fuck I work for a place that owns hospitals, I live on a street with said hospital and a number of other related medical offices all in a couple of blocks, I have killer insurance, I still haven't gotten my flu shot, never do, not cause I have some issue with them, I just never get around to it, I rarely even get around to my free checkups.
        I am terrible.
        Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.

Comment

Originally posted by goodlun View Post
          10,000 in almost all of which are in a country of 1,428,000,000 people
          So still not technically an epidemic.
          Look at the growth rate man. Two days ago it was 3500 cases. Yesterday 6000 cases, today nearly 10,000 cases. That is growing in leaps and bounds.

I'm going to pre-emptively refill my inhaler and stock up on meds (I don't have asthma but sometimes when I get an autoimmune reaction I get pleuritis, pneumonitis and my throat threatens to close.) I need a viral pneumonia outbreak like I need an knife in my throat. Fuck this shit.
          "Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

Comment

Not really no, fuck I work for a place that owns hospitals, I live on a street with said hospital and a number of other related medical offices all in a couple of blocks, I have killer insurance, I still haven't gotten my flu shot, never do, not cause I have some issue with them, I just never get around to it, I rarely even get around to my free checkups.
            I am terrible.
            Rectify that shit. You live in the hot zone where all the sick people are passing through. Regular flu plus coronivirus sounds like a lethal combination.
            "Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

Comment

I am terrible.
              Everyone I work with gets flu shots and every year they get sick with the flu. The shots are useless.

Comment

Originally posted by Dung Beatles View Post
                Look at the growth rate man. Two days ago it was 3500 cases. Yesterday 6000 cases, today nearly 10,000 cases. That is growing in leaps and bounds.

I'm going to pre-emptively refill my inhaler and stock up on meds (I don't have asthma but sometimes when I get an autoimmune reaction I get pleuritis, pneumonitis and my throat threatens to close.) I need a viral pneumonia outbreak like I need an knife in my throat. Fuck this shit.
                I honestly don't think the number rising is from new found cases, I think it's more because the Chinese government are fucking liars and don't report the real numbers because it makes them look weak. They still haven't realized that their true weaknesses is their pride.

Comment

Originally posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
                  Everyone I work with gets flu shots and every year they get sick with the flu. The shots are useless.
                  Getting the flu vaccine can mean the difference between getting influenza, and dying from it.

Or killing off a loved one.

Get the shot.

Comment

Getting the flu vaccine can mean the difference between getting influenza, and dying from it.

Or killing off a loved one.

Get the shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
                      “Or you will be DOOMED!!! I tell you, DOOMED!!!”
                      Are your able to get the shot with your condition(s)?

Would you be at risk from people who didn't?

Comment

Are your able to get the shot with your condition(s)?

Would you be at risk from people who didn't?
                        Leukemia patients, when they have no immune systems due to chemotherapy on top of their leukemia conditions,

will die from exposure to common colds or other opportunistic infections like fungus that a person with a healthy immune system would not even notice.

Everyone around them either has to be wearing a mask,

or the leukemia patient needs to be wearing a mask,

universal precautions regarding hand washing have to be observed at all times,

and a lot of times, they reside in hospital rooms with special ventilation systems for months at a time.

They can die from the slightest cat scratch or cat bite, or really even residual litterbox fecal matter on the cat's paw.

They are usually on strong anti-virals so that any virus, whether opportunistic, or viruses like the flu, do not kill them if they get exposed to them, or have been exposed to them in the past.

Comment

Rectify that shit. You live in the hot zone where all the sick people are passing through. Regular flu plus coronivirus sounds like a lethal combination.
                          Meh, I have lived here for a while still have not gotten the flu in years.

Comment

6 there are 6 cases in the USA,
                            https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ses-in-us.html

With the possibility of another 121. Oh no!!!!!

Comment

What is it like to live with constant fear?

Comment

What is it like to live with constant fear?
                                I assume bulk orders of Depends are part of that life.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X