So this is how it ends!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So this is how it ends!

"China confirms new SARS-like virus HAS spread between humans as 14 medics catch the killer infection after treating patients"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...ViNMMO9tc0IoBQ

Now if China has admitted this much we have to times it by 100 at least.

King without a crown

Not with a bang, but a cough?
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post
      Everyone is always bitching about AGW.

A nice, really virulent, air borne, quick acting, fatal plague without medical remedy would probably wipe out a third of the world's population.

Thanos for the win, with no infinity gauntlet needed.

And, that should provide some solution to the concerns of the AGW crowd regarding so many humans breathing out CO2, and driving around, burning so much coal, and using electricity.

Comment

Headline is extremely misleading. There've been only a few deaths associated with this outbreak, although that could change.

The human to human transmission is significant though. Other than that, it’s just another flu strain out of East Asia. Worrisome for the elderly, the young and the immunocompromised, not so much for healthy people.

Edit, I understand that a coronavirus is technically not influenza.
        Last edited by jnp; 1/21/2020 9:56am, .
        Shut the hell up and train.

Comment

Good. A plague is exactly what this planet needs.

Comment

JNP, You're ruining my start a panic with the hysterical apocalypse crowd post....

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post
              We are the yellow men
              We are the infected men...
              Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

Originally posted by ghost55 View Post
                Good. A plague is exactly what this planet needs.
                Can't tell if sarcasm or not, however I am going to assume this just proves that you only have empathy for those you know.

Comment

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/01/21/cdc-...LRpZHSp4aQ9MQA

It’s reached the US.
                  Shut the hell up and train.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
                    Everyone is always bitching about AGW.

A nice, really virulent, air borne, quick acting, fatal plague without medical remedy would probably wipe out a third of the world's population.

Thanos for the win, with no infinity gauntlet needed.

And, that should provide some solution to the concerns of the AGW crowd regarding so many humans breathing out CO2, and driving around, burning so much coal, and using electricity.
                    Especially if it stays mostly in China, amirite?

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Originally posted by submessenger View Post
                      We are the yellow men
                      We are the infected men...
                      OK, that is one hell of a literary follow up.

Oh and BAN FOR RACISM!

Comment

Dammit, why didn't he fly into Washington, DC, and go cough...

Comment

Originally posted by PDA View Post
                          "China confirms new SARS-like virus HAS spread between humans as 14 medics catch the killer infection after treating patients"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...ViNMMO9tc0IoBQ

Now if China has admitted this much we have to times it by 100 at least.

There's another Stephen King's The Stand joke somewhere...around...here. Somewhere near the front...
                          '�I am no advocate of passivity,� Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. �Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.�'

My Glossary: https://www.bullshido.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=129294

Comment

Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
                            There's another Stephen King's The Stand joke somewhere...around...here. Somewhere near the front...
                            I have a hard time riffing Yeats. Dude was as serious as a viral outbreak.

Oh, wait...

(edit) Cough softly, because you cough on my sleeves?
                            Cough softly, because you cough, and I sneeze?

Yeah, I'm going with the latter. The kleenex does not hold.
                            Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

That animated gif reminds me of the spread of SQL Slammer.

Wait a minute.

That's because it is the spread of SQL Slammer.

Last edited by W. Rabbit; 1/21/2020 11:09pm, .
                              '�I am no advocate of passivity,� Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. �Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.�'

My Glossary: https://www.bullshido.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=129294

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X