Steven King vs. twITter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steven King vs. twITter

I don't know if anyone is following this, but I find it hilarious. King is getting eaten by Twitter users over a comment that he wouldn't use diversity in deciding merit for the Oscars.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...181036444.html

The comments on Twitter are fantastic.

LOL. King is a fantastic author, and a huge libtard. I always love stories of people eating their own. It's almost worthy of a King novel.
    Being correct on the Internet is orders of magnitude easier than being correct in the Universe. Perhaps we should all concentrate more on the latter...

Comment

Originally posted by submessenger View Post
      LOL. King is a fantastic author, and a huge libtard. I always love stories of people eating their own. It's almost worthy of a King novel.
      Hell, we'll probably get one.
      "Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

Comment

Was..... a fantastic author. He’s been mediocre since the Final Dark Tower book IMO.

...and he’s a fence sitter. By this I mean he plays both sides off the middle.

I used to get shit for reading his books because he is a Racist Conservative back in the day.
        Now, you are calling him a Libtard.

There’s an argument on Bullshido where someone gets very angry that I called him a bigot.

OOops, my bad, ”unconscious bias” can’t say “bigot.” We can’t call people what they are it is now shaming.
        Last edited by It is Fake; 1/15/2020 3:23pm, .

Comment

Funny to me that anyone would think he's conservative. Racist is just a pejorative that we use, which has no objective meaning, anymore. Are there even any black people in Maine?

Suffice to say that my interest in him waned more than a tad when he started taking political stances instead of writing good books. I still have all but maybe one or two, though, and most hardcover, and stacked 2 deep, bleeding on to the next shelf.
          Being correct on the Internet is orders of magnitude easier than being correct in the Universe. Perhaps we should all concentrate more on the latter...

Comment

Funny to me that anyone would think he's conservative. Racist is just a pejorative that we use, which has no objective meaning, anymore. Are there even any black people in Maine?

Suffice to say that my interest in him waned more than a tad when he started taking political stances instead of writing good books. I still have all but maybe one or two, though, and most hardcover, and stacked 2 deep, bleeding on to the next shelf.

LOL, Maine is the second whitest state in the union. Vermont and New Hampshire round out the top three.

Comment

He's still a great author. People are freaks. What does it matter if the chef at a restaurant is a crackpot if everything on the menu tastes great?

Outsiders Trilogy is great, Doctor Sleep is great if you're a big fan of The Shining. Still haven't read the one about the time travel JFK plot but my friend keeps raving about it.

Comment

Funny to me that anyone would think he's conservative.
                Now vs Then. I’ve read almost all of his books, followed his career and watched him play both sides for a long time. Anyway, you’ll have to search for articles, but I equate the shift to his nearly fatal accident in 1999. I’ll search a bit, but doubt I can show you anything pre internet.

Racist is just a pejorative that we use, which has no objective meaning, anymore.
                lol.

When he wrote himself into his book I was done. Still, minus 7 books, I have read everything. So, I won’t say permanently.

Funny thing is, I hate this shaming into backpedalling. You shouldn’t judge art on the race, gender, country, religion etc of the creator. This is why we have the TEA Party for the Democrats the progressives.

Comment

Originally posted by Dung Beatles View Post
                  He's still a great author. People are freaks. What does it matter if the chef at a restaurant is a crackpot if everything on the menu tastes great?

Outsiders Trilogy is great, Doctor Sleep is great if you're a big fan of The Shining. Still haven't read the one about the time travel JFK plot but my friend keeps raving about it.
                  The Outsiders is a single novel. Are you mixing it with the Mr. Mercedes Trilogy?
                  11/22/1963....okay.
                  Doctor Sleep is okay.

Comment

11.22.63 is a great book, and it made for a nice mini-series on Hulu. There are ties to the greater King Universe.

He wrote himself into all his books. The Shining was largely about his personal alcohol abuse.

He definitely changed a lot after he was run over. Who wouldn't?

Comment

Originally posted by It is Fake View Post
                      The Outsiders is a single novel. Are you mixing it with the Mr. Mercedes Trilogy?
                      11/22/1963....okay.
                      Doctor Sleep is okay.
                      Damn it, I did. Sorry.

Comment

He wrote himself into all his books. The Shining was largely about his personal alcohol abuse.
                        I think that's why he curbed the intense aggression of the Gunslinger from the first Dark Tower book. I think he was channeling his own dark fantasies as a result of cocaine abuse and then repeatedly referenced later how much he didn't want to write the books anymore because he was scared of the character and I think scared of what the character said about him.

Comment

I think that's why he curbed the intense aggression of the Gunslinger from the first Dark Tower book. I think he was channeling his own dark fantasies as a result of cocaine abuse and then repeatedly referenced later how much he didn't want to write the books anymore because he was scared of the character and I think scared of what the character said about him.
                          I saw the culmination of Dark Tower as being his own grips with mortality - most of the material came sorta rapid-fire after he recovered from the accident, iirc. He had a come-to-Jesus with "On Writing," and then sorta fleshed out the rest of the Dark Tower stuff with help from Straub on Black House.

Comment

There are ties to the greater King Universe.
                            He wrote himself into all his books. The Shining was largely about his personal alcohol abuse

Comment

I read Talisman before Gunslinger... that may color my perspective, a bit. But, when he was writing them vs. when they were published? Who knows?

Also, haven't yet read 7. My reading backlog is impressively large. I guess we should put spoiler alerts in the thread title, hehe. From a Buick 8 was what I thought you were referencing.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X