Gregaquaman has a Right to talk about Rights, and it is my Privilege

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    That's especially poignant, considering what's written over the entrance to the National Archives.

Coincidence?

Which god?
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
      Spoiler:
      God is not real
      Prove it
      King without a crown

Comment

Originally posted by PDA View Post
        Prove it

Comment

Originally posted by PDA View Post
          If God hates Trump whey did he give him such a fit wife?
          I'm pretty sure he paid good money.

Remember when he said he just grabs them by the pussy, he meant with his checkbook, using a lawyer.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
            Arson, like murder, is already illegal, in both the U.S., and Australia.

You seem to be advocating for more background checks before people are allowed to buy or own potentially destructive technologies, which in Australia, are clearly matches, cigarette lighters, and magnifying glasses.

Given that the people in Australia that own matches, cigarette lighters, and other potentially dangerous technologies of that type have used them to set a very large percentage of your country on fire, literally.

By your logic regarding firearms training, one would expect you to advocate that anyone wishing to buy matches or lighters or magnifying glasses in Australia should have to show proof of completing rigorous and regular training on matches, lighters, and magnifying glasses.

Because again, Australians have used matches, lighters, etc to set a very large part of your country ablaze, despite laws against arson, and laws against fire starter related behaviors in the bush.

Of course, I do not mean to tell you what Australians should do in Australia regarding matches, lighters, etc, as that would be extremely patronizing and boorish.

I merely speak to the logic you have expressed on this thread that you advocate regarding potentially dangerous consumer technologies.

Although, I do note that you oddly seek to advise the United States, when clearly your country does not have good nor effective solutions in place yet yourself regarding potentially dangerous consumer technologies, as some Australians with dangerous consumer technologies such as matches and lighters have literally set your country ablaze with them in defiance of the law,

killing countless wildlife animals, destroying thousands of homes, and causing human deaths.
            Less people died in those bushfires than the police shoot in Florida each year.

If you can find a study done on bushfire prevention that advocates banning matches then Mabye your argument has legs.

That is how non cult discussions work. We start with some sort of idea of what we are on about. And not just invent that un restricted match purchases caused the bushfires.

If you want to suggest that God is punishing Australia because of all the gays. Go right ahead. Just don't expect me to take you seriously.
            Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
            http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

Comment

Originally posted by gregaquaman View Post
              Less people died in those bushfires than the police shoot in Florida each year.
              Tell that to all the wildlife animals you burned to a crisp.

Tell that to the owners of the 8,000 buildings that were burnt.

Now, if you were not quite so dull, you might compare the number of police shootings in Florida that were found by the courts to not be justified and compare that number to the wildfire deaths.

But, even that is apples and oranges, and another silly straw man on your part, because you are not bright enough to even understand that your arguments are child like.

And again:

Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
              You need to compare Florida

to the beach area of Australian that is densely populated

and the common stopping off point for the narco trade.

Or if you want to pick a State that is large with wide open spaces,

and not as densely populated per square mile, similar to Australia's population density distribution,

pick Iowa, or Wisconsin, or Utah.

All of which, I would add, have lower murder rates than both Europe or Australia,

even though they have very few firearm restrictions.

But, like Australia, they have some densely populated cities,

but are mostly wide open spaces.
              If you can find a study done on bushfire prevention that advocates banning matches then Mabye your argument has legs.
              The Australian Association of Criminologists say 90% of bushfires are linked to man fire handling activity:

Click image for larger version

Name:	AustraliaWildfires.jpg
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	4331029

https://aic.gov.au/publications/tandi/tandi350

Also, why else do you think there is a total fire ban around Sydney right now, you jack ass?

Originally posted by Lily View Post
              Here we go again with the fires, 3 towns where it is too late to leave. Total fire ban today in Sydney and surrounds.
              Greg, ironically given your quote below, you are the cultish moron in this discussion,
              and you accuse others of your own deficiencies because you are not intelligent enough to understand that almost all of your arguments are silly straw men,
              and nor are you educated or smart enough to understand any study that might be presented by any party, including you.
              That is how non cult discussions work. We start with some sort of idea of what we are on about. And not just invent that un restricted match purchases caused the bushfires.
              You mean like not inventing that somehow private firearm ownership causes murders...?

If you want to suggest that God is punishing Australia because of all the gays. Go right ahead. Just don't expect me to take you seriously.
              Not something anyone on this thread has implied, except you.

I am an atheist for gay marriage rights.

I blame Australians that are careless with fire, and Australia for a lack of bush culling before the dry season, for the wild fires.

I have no idea why you have a stick up your ass about American private firearm ownership, it is none of your business.

You are not only a silly butt-insky, but you are also rather stupid in your arguments.

You have no idea how to have a discussion about public policy matters outside of that of an ignorant layperson, just running his mouth with ignorant nonsense.

That might fly in whatever shithole pubs you go to, to talk to other ignoramuses, but don't expect anybody else with a high school education or better to take your comments seriously, because you sound dumb as a post.

In fact, you sound exactly like the groups you claim to criticize pushing snake oil nonsense.
              Last edited by Dr. Gonzo; 1/22/2020 2:56pm, .

Comment

Originally posted by goodlun View Post
                Your the one going on weird tirades about self defense gun use and the breakdown of society and anarchy filled rants.
                This suggest you don't get it.
                So the quote where I said it?

Comment

Originally posted by hungryjoe View Post
                  Question to Greg. You ever been taken to shoot any type of firearm?

In my experience, doing so often changes one's outlook. My two daughters for one example. Both eschewed firearms until I finally convinced them to go with me last year. Both had a blast. Both want more.

These are young ladies raised in the martial arts, keen on the bow but for whatever reasons, did not want to have anything to do with firearms. One time out changed their perspective.

I find a day shooting to be cathartic.
                  Yes I have fired guns.

And at what point does familiarity with guns suddenly change a perspective about responsible gun use?

I mean I have argued three things. Registration, mandatory training and money spent on research in to gun violence. How exactly does being familiar with guns suddenly change that.

I had to argue the benefits of training on this forum. At what point of comfort with guns does "training? Meh don't need it" comes in to play?

it is not about being comfortable with guns that suddenly creates entitlement.

Comment

Yes I have fired guns.

And at what point does familiarity with guns suddenly change a perspective about responsible gun use?

I mean I have argued three things. Registration, mandatory training and money spent on research in to gun violence. How exactly does being familiar with guns suddenly change that.

I had to argue the benefits of training on this forum. At what point of comfort with guns does "training? Meh don't need it" comes in to play?

it is not about being comfortable with guns that suddenly creates entitlement.
                    Flintlocks don't count. Training doesn't in any way equal responsibility or mental stability. I will add that training requirements are often abused by the state that regulates them. Illinois is a great example of this. Our state requires training for CC cards. There are only a select few places allowed to do the training and it's purposely expensive. Registration is also abused, see New York and the now infamous gun locator website.

Comment

Ok. So your point failed.

You found a statistic that said some bushfires were intentionally lit and because matches cause fires therefore Australia should ban matches. We will call this the Gonzo study. Which is about as well thought out as izzy folau. Who suggested Australia legalised gay, marriage gay marriage causes bushfires so we should ban gay marriage.

Now what you dont realise is guns and bushfires are different things and gun violence has it's own studies and it's own recommendations that are not just made up out of thin air. We will call that the rand study.

And that bushfires have their own studies that are not made up out of thin air. We will call that the royal commission.

And of course there are studies that measure freedoms. And we will call this the freedom house study.

So the issue with the Gonzo study is you don't understand how statistics work well enough to come to any sort of sensible conclusion. This is because you already have a conclusion and are trying to find statistics and arguments that support that. Hence why you sound like you are in a cult.

Using the actual studies and going off their recommendations be more boorish than making up reality to suit your emotional needs. But unfortunately that is the reality of the situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
                        Flintlocks don't count. Training doesn't in any way equal responsibility or mental stability. I will add that training requirements are often abused by the state that regulates them. Illinois is a great example of this. Our state requires training for CC cards. There are only a select few places allowed to do the training and it's purposely expensive. Registration is also abused, see New York and the now infamous gun locator website.
                        Then you would want to fix your trainng training model. I am not arguing for shit training. That would be silly.

I don't understand that if you have shit training the solution is no training? Seems a bit lazy.

Comment

Ok. So your point failed.

You found a statistic that said some bushfires were intentionally lit and because matches cause fires therefore Australia should ban matches. We will call this the Gonzo study. Which is about as well thought out as izzy folau. Who suggested Australia legalised gay, marriage gay marriage causes bushfires so we should ban gay marriage.

Now what you dont realise is guns and bushfires are different things and gun violence has it's own studies and it's own recommendations that are not just made up out of thin air. We will call that the rand study.

And that bushfires have their own studies that are not made up out of thin air. We will call that the royal commission.

And of course there are studies that measure freedoms. And we will call this the freedom house study.

So the issue with the Gonzo study is you don't understand how statistics work well enough to come to any sort of sensible conclusion. This is because you already have a conclusion and are trying to find statistics and arguments that support that. Hence why you sound like you are in a cult.

Using the actual studies and going off their recommendations be more boorish than making up reality to suit your emotional needs. But unfortunately that is the reality of the situation.
                          The Gonzo study on Australian bushfires, as you call it, was produced by your own government, and your own country's association of academic criminology researchers, you moron.

When you say that I do not understand statistics, thus implying that you do, and I don't, what were your personal and professional credentials to make that claim again?

I have a Ph.D. in Decision Sciences, a Masters degree in Applied Econometrics, and a Masters degree in Risk Management / Actuarial Science.

All three of which are data science / statistics graduate degrees.

I am credentialed to teach statistics for university undergraduate and graduate credit, and do so professionally, for universities.

And I have been a paid government contractor to interpret statistics and studies for various U.S. government agencies for the past two administrations.

What were your personal and professional credentials regarding statistics, again?

Your argument that guns should be restricted because sometimes people cause damage with guns is just as ridiculous as stating that matches should be banned because sometimes people use matches in ways that cause bushfires.

Because you are ridiculous, and not too bright.
                          Last edited by Dr. Gonzo; 1/24/2020 1:45pm, .

Comment

Then you would want to fix your trainng training model. I am not arguing for shit training. That would be silly.

I don't understand that if you have shit training the solution is no training? Seems a bit lazy.
                            Ummm...reading comprehension might be in question here. What the fuck are you talking about?? Training or indoctrination??

Comment

Originally posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
                              Ummm...reading comprehension might be in question here. What the fuck are you talking about?? Training or indoctrination??
                              Well I think he is correct. I'm also an advocate of training for CC. If only few people can do it, and it is prohibitively expensive then that is a counter-productive model. FBI crime statistics say that less than 1% of gun crime is committed by a CCW holder. Also that leas than 5% of NDs happen by people who have regularly gone through basic gun safety courses.

Indoctrination in the 3(or 4 depending on your school of thought) cardinal safety rules:
                              1) Always assume the firearm is loaded
                              2) Keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction at all times
                              3)Keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot
                              (4)Never aim at anything you do not intend to destroy)

saves lives. Every ND is a direct result of violating at least one of those. Every ND that injures or kills someone is a direct result of violating all of them. They should absolutely be indoctrinated into everyone who is going to carry in public space. Ideally in every gun owner.
                              Don't rely on theory if your life is at stake.

"But now that you've anointed him as truthsayer, you'll be complicit with what happens when the next Jew comes here and is lambasted by an ultrasecular Rabbi" -W.Rabbit/Pship/Emily Dickinson/Earth Dragon/Self Proclaimed Editor Extraordinaire

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
                                Well I think he is correct. I'm also an advocate of training for CC. If only few people can do it, and it is prohibitively expensive then that is a counter-productive model. FBI crime statistics say that less than 1% of gun crime is committed by a CCW holder. Also that leas than 5% of NDs happen by people who have regularly gone through basic gun safety courses.

Indoctrination in the 3(or 4 depending on your school of thought) cardinal safety rules:
                                1) Always assume the firearm is loaded
                                2) Keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction at all times
                                3)Keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot
                                (4)Never aim at anything you do not intend to destroy)

saves lives. Every ND is a direct result of violating at least one of those. Every ND that injures or kills someone is a direct result of violating all of them. They should absolutely be indoctrinated into everyone who is going to carry in public space. Ideally in every gun owner.
                                What if I wanna carry my gun pointed at my dick and femoral artery?
                                The Caucasian always has stronger strength and when comes to grappling, Caucasians mostly win easily. I do know grappling and if I used it on Asians my size, it works. - Kung Fu dude that got waxed at OneFc try out.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X