Gregaquaman has a Right to talk about Rights, and it is my Privilege

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    Gotta spread that misinformation far and wide.

Bots will be bots.
    Yes, you do to seem compelled to do so,

and yes, you are a fake news spreading, false claim making, bot / moron.

Comment

Originally posted by hungryjoe View Post
      Crickets are telling me Greg has never had the experience of shooting any type of firearm.
      I have though, and yes guns are fun.

If Greg wants to do some shooting next time he's down here on the Sunny Coast I'm more than happy to take him. Which we both can do, despite having gun restrictions.

And no. I'm not advocating for the applicability of our gun laws for any other country or that I agree with all our gun laws as they are. But the fact remains that despite the restrctions placed on their use (such as background checks, safe storage and mandatory safe handling courses), I can purchase a gun and go shooting if I so choose.
      2018 Male Purple Belt Adult No Gi
      #2 Ranked Competitor - QBJJC

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
        Yes, you do to seem compelled to do so,

and yes, you are a fake news spreading, false claim making, bot / moron.
        Coming from someone who called the lead inspector of the RFS an "anecdote", and an accurate article not about AGW a "crap narrative" (it was just the fire stats per state, dude)...

...I'll take that as a sort of fake compliment.

In fact, you're welcome. My privilege.

Comment

Originally posted by cualltaigh View Post
          I have though, and yes guns are fun.

If Greg wants to do some shooting next time he's down here on the Sunny Coast I'm more than happy to take him. Which we both can do, despite having gun restrictions.

And no. I'm not advocating for the applicability of our gun laws for any other country or that I agree with all our gun laws as they are. But the fact remains that despite the restrctions placed on their use (such as background checks, safe storage and mandatory safe handling courses), I can purchase a gun and go shooting if I so choose.
          Excellent.

Comment

I hope Austraila gets an early rainy season and Greg gets the opportunity to go shoot a piece of paper. Both would be good.
            Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

Comment

Coming from someone who called the lead inspector of the RFS an "anecdote", and an accurate article not about AGW a "crap narrative" (it was just the fire stats per state, dude)...

...I'll take that as a sort of fake compliment.

In fact, you're welcome. My privilege.
              That article gives the public the false impression that lightning

and not man made carelessness with fire starting materials

are the chief bush fire or wildfire risk.

And that is false.

It shifts money and attention away from mitigation efforts that unlike lightning prevention,

can be done in the short term.

Smokey the bear would object,

And since he is a fictional character,

I will repeat his wise message for him.

Don’t flick your fucking lit butts carelessly during the dry season, near the bush.

Or violate camp fire rules, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by hungryjoe View Post
                I hope Austraila gets an early rainy season and Greg gets the opportunity to go shoot a piece of paper. Both would be good.
                Amen.

Comment

That article gives the public the false impression that lightning

and not man made carelessness with fire starting materials

are the chief bush fire or wildfire risk.

And that is false..
                  Risk as far as cause you mean. Not overall damage, that's where AGW comes in.

Let me get that quote for you again and show you your error.

Comment

Here it is again.

NSW Rural Fire Service (RFS) Inspector Ben Shepherd said earlier this week lightning was predominantly responsible for the bushfire crisis.

"I can confidently say the majority of the larger fires that we have been dealing with have been a result of fires coming out of remote areas as a result of dry lightning storms," he said
                    So, you know how nouns work, right?

The noun in that quote's first sentence is "crisis", not "bushfire".
                    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 1/19/2020 8:28pm, .

Comment

Here it is again.

So, you know how nouns work, right?

The noun in that quote's first sentence is "crisis", not "bushfire".
                      You are a little bit of a moron without much practical real world understanding about the issues you often read about,

so I will explain it to you.

That was the same unfortunate soul that got quoted by Australian papers in mid-December about getting ready to charge a dozen people with arson, and that he was working hand in hand with police.

Obviously, some of his superiors did not like him making him making that quote, or how he was quoted, and there were internal discussions about communications with the press.

That is what happens, internally, and politically on high profile matters in government agencies.

Everybody has a stick up their ass about what gets said to the press.

Comment

double post.
                        Last edited by Dr. Gonzo; 1/19/2020 8:44pm, .

Comment

You are a little bit of a moron without much practical real world understanding about the issues you often read about,

so I will explain it to you.

That was the same unfortunate soul that got quoted by Australian papers in mid-December about getting ready to charge a dozen people with arson, and that he was working hand in hand with police.
                          Unfortunate for what, doing what he can to fight apocalyptic fires, in the face of lightning strikes and worse (dumb humans), due to the warming climate?

You're talking about an arson investigator, Doc Brown, fighting the forces of time, space, and human pollution.

Do you know anything about arson investigators? I know a couple, we are all very fortunate to have them, but especially their anecdotes.

Comment

And that was the same agency that got nailed directly earlier to that mid-December quote I mentioned,

for breaching their containment lines during their own deliberate back burn and burnt 20 buildings and blanketed Sydney in smog,

from their own fires, ie the back burn fires they themselves set.

That agency has been at the center of a press shit storm, and is in a little bit of a scramble and pins and needles mode.

Speaking of the dangers of man made fires gone wrong...

So, let's not act like someone from that agency, or that agency itself, does not fart with foul odor like everybody else when it comes to this situation.
                            Don't be such an armchair general.

Only I am qualified to do that sort of shit.

All morons are.

Comment

Unfortunate for what, doing what he can to fight apocalyptic fires, in the face of lightning strikes and worse (dumb humans), due to the warming climate?

You're talking about an arson investigator, Doc Brown, fighting the forces of time, space, and human pollution.

Do you know anything about arson investigators? I know a couple, we are all very fortunate to have them, but especially their anecdotes.
                              And that was the same agency that got nailed directly earlier to that mid-December quote I mentioned,

for breaching their containment lines during their own deliberate back burn and burnt 20 buildings and blanketed Sydney in smog,

from their own fires, ie the back burn fires they themselves set.

That agency has been at the center of a press shit storm, and is in a little bit of a scramble and pins and needles mode.

Speaking of the dangers of man made fires gone wrong...

So, let's not act like someone from that agency, or that agency itself, does not fart with foul odor like everybody else when it comes to this situation.

I appreciate emergency responders, but that is an entirely different discussion.

Comment

Don't be such an armchair general.

Only I am qualified to do that sort of shit.

All morons are.
                                You're the one who suggested that man, because of his agency affiliation, and his quotes, should not be questioned.

That agency is in scramble mode,

and that is the same guy who made one of the controversial arsonist quotes, and then made a backtrack quote in the opposite direction, from the agency that was also dealing with their own back burn operation burning 20 buildings, and covering Sydney in smog.

I am not armchair quarterbacking, but that agency is not only in execution mode, they are in scramble mode, and to a certain extent, make sure their butts are covered with the press mode.

That is natural.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X