Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Iran War now? Yea or nay?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #91
    Originally posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
    I have a much more Machiavelian take on this(it is also why I never want into politics). Personally I think it is long past time the US stop trying to do the nation building thing. It hasn't historically worked out well.

    I think when a country like Iran wants to step on our crank we need to go in, lay waste, kill everyone responsible, and leave a note written in the blood of the slain saying, "Don't make us come back".
    They might actually understand that message, as it is essentially how they operate.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

    Comment


      #92
      Originally posted by ghost55 View Post
      The people in Vietnam live in abject poverty because we bombed it to shit and just left without doing any cleanup or rebuilding anything.
      They have had nearly 45 years to rebuild, maybe Communism just plain old doesn't work.
      Shit China had more than 3 times as many people as the US but it's economy is barely bigger.
      Show me an actually successful communist economy.
      Communism only works under authoritarian governments and then I am not even sure you can call it working given the poverty that goes with it.
      Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
      –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

      Comment


        #93
        Originally posted by ghost55 View Post
        The people in Vietnam live in abject poverty because we bombed it to shit and just left without doing any cleanup or rebuilding anything.
        ^bullshit^
        Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

        http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

        Comment


          #94
          Originally posted by goodlun View Post
          They have had nearly 45 years to rebuild, maybe Communism just plain old doesn't work.
          Shit China had more than 3 times as many people as the US but it's economy is barely bigger.
          Show me an actually successful communist economy.
          Communism only works under authoritarian governments and then I am not even sure you can call it working given the poverty that goes with it.
          I started to post something similar and decided it wasn't worth the effort.

          Cause ghost and his twisted panties.
          Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

          http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

          Comment


            #95
            Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
            Looks like the Shadow Commander just got promoted to Lt. Gen post humously

            Well, they have their martyr now. The latest anyway.
            Light him up...
            Falling for Judo since 1980

            "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

            "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

            "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

            Comment


              #96
              Originally posted by ghost55 View Post
              The people in Vietnam live in abject poverty because we bombed it to shit and just left without doing any cleanup or rebuilding anything.
              Wasn't the US leaving the way we did actually a part of the peace agreement that was signed in 1973? Its key provisions included a cease-fire throughout Vietnam, the withdrawal of U.S. forces, the release of prisoners of war, and the reunification of North and South Vietnam through peaceful means.

              Which the north violated and resumed the war almost immediately when the US left. That was my understanding.....well, after I read it here:

              https://www.history.com/this-day-in-...s-from-Vietnam

              :D
              Combatives training log.

              Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

              Drum thread

              Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

              "Disliking someone is not evidence of wrongdoing or malfeasance or even bias." --Dung Beatles

              Comment


                #97
                I suspect Iran has a bit of "Sadaam" thinking going on. That if they provoke the US enough, the Arab world will finally unite against the US, destroy Israel, etc.

                Of course, the Iranians are not Arabs, and Shia to boot, so there is that complication.

                We do not have to invade Iran. We can destroy/degrade their C&C, air force, etc. pretty easily. A piece at a time, if need be.

                And no, I don't want us to go to war with Iran.
                Falling for Judo since 1980

                "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

                "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

                "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

                Comment


                  #98
                  Originally posted by ghost55 View Post
                  The people in Vietnam live in abject poverty because we bombed it to shit and just left without doing any cleanup or rebuilding anything.
                  Right because Ho Chi Min would have spread wealth without our involvement. South Vietnam would have been a very different and way better off area if we had stuck it out.

                  Comment


                    #99
                    Originally posted by Diesel_tke View Post
                    Wasn't the US leaving the way we did actually a part of the peace agreement that was signed in 1973? Its key provisions included a cease-fire throughout Vietnam, the withdrawal of U.S. forces, the release of prisoners of war, and the reunification of North and South Vietnam through peaceful means.

                    Which the north violated and resumed the war almost immediately when the US left. That was my understanding.....well, after I read it here:

                    https://www.history.com/this-day-in-...s-from-Vietnam

                    :D
                    Well there was also an unpaid parking ticket for our time spent there. Though it's doubtful it would have made any difference. Really I fully blame the dumbass hippies, imagine if they pulled that shit in WW2.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by BKR View Post
                      I suspect Iran has a bit of "Sadaam" thinking going on. That if they provoke the US enough, the Arab world will finally unite against the US, destroy Israel, etc.

                      Of course, the Iranians are not Arabs, and Shia to boot, so there is that complication.

                      We do not have to invade Iran. We can destroy/degrade their C&C, air force, etc. pretty easily. A piece at a time, if need be.

                      And no, I don't want us to go to war with Iran.
                      Well the Arabs and Persians really don't get along historically.
                      However they both do not like the Israelites.
                      But I like the Israelites and I say we kill the living fuck out of everyone that won't leave them in peace.
                      Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
                      –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
                        Right because Ho Chi Min would have spread wealth without our involvement. South Vietnam would have been a very different and way better off area if we had stuck it out.
                        Uncle Ho asked the US for help, and we told him to fuck off.
                        Falling for Judo since 1980

                        "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

                        "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

                        "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by goodlun View Post
                          Well the Arabs and Persians really don't get along historically.
                          However they both do not like the Israelites.
                          But I like the Israelites and I say we kill the living fuck out of everyone that won't leave them in peace.
                          Right, because the Persians have been civilized for a hell of a lot longer than the Arabs, in general.

                          We really did fuck up not going with Iran instead of the Arabs, though. I mean, back in the day. But hindsite and all that...
                          Falling for Judo since 1980

                          "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

                          "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

                          "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

                          Comment


                            "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

                            Comment


                              What exactly is considered the poverty line in Vietnam?? Are we talking like 2 pieces of chicken equals rich or some shit?? And what's the exchange rate like 12,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 worth of Vietnam's shit currency to equal 1 U.S. dollar??

                              Comment


                                Hold on I need to load up my Vietnamese currency to buy a candy bar......

                                Comment

                                Collapse

                                Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                                Working...
                                X