Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Iran War now? Yea or nay?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by AprilRains View Post
    doggone it I wanted easy answers not more questions I don't know the answers to

    do my homework for me, teach, I promise it'll work
    Put another way, why are diamonds expensive?

    Neither diamonds nor oil are scarce.

    Although oil, unlike diamonds, can be more challenging to transport reliably, without mishap, and those supply lines are of course vulnerable targets.

    Comment


      Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
      Put another way, why are diamonds expensive?
      De Beers, in Hollywood. Their hands clenched.
      '�I am no advocate of passivity,� Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. �Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.�'

      My Glossary: https://www.bullshido.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=129294

      Comment


        Originally posted by battlefields View Post
        Okay, so Trump's address regarding this made the statement that the US is now energy independent, in that they do not need oil. Is this correct?
        Yes, has been for a while.
        Falling for Judo since 1980

        "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

        "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

        "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

        Comment


          Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
          Put another way, why are diamonds expensive?

          Neither diamonds nor oil are scarce.

          Although oil, unlike diamonds, can be more challenging to transport reliably, without mishap, and those supply lines are of course vulnerable targets.
          you're killin' me here, Smalls

          Comment


            Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
            Iranian airspace you mean.

            Did you see Argo?
            So we are basing this conversation on movies now?
            Yes yes I know about the actual operation.

            Comment


              Originally posted by AprilRains View Post
              you're killin' me here, Smalls
              You rang?

              '�I am no advocate of passivity,� Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. �Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.�'

              My Glossary: https://www.bullshido.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=129294

              Comment


                Originally posted by AprilRains View Post
                you're killin' me here, Smalls
                Understood.

                Perceived value.

                Marketing campaigns.

                Oligopoly collusion.

                Meanwhile, natural gas is just leaking out of many places all over the world, like Papa New Guinea, where in many places you can stick bamboo into the ground and hold a lighter over it and you will have a bright torch when you take your lighter away.

                Texas tea, aka black gold, is found in many countries.

                And energy technology in fossil fuel extraction, as well as nuclear proceeds at a rapid clip,

                despite the massive PR campaigns, public hysteria, and fake news to the contrary.

                Comment


                  i am too lazy to do it right now but you can see that this air port is very busy, there had to be other Air Craft in the Air at the time so this really cuts down on the chance that its was AA
                  https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airports/ika

                  Maybe a bomb or something to that ilk but then we really have to start looking for motive.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
                    Understood.

                    Perceived value.

                    Marketing campaigns.

                    Oligopoly collusion.

                    Meanwhile, natural gas is just leaking out of many places all over the world, like Papa New Guinea, where in many places you can stick bamboo into the ground and hold a lighter over it and you will have a bright torch when you take your lighter away.

                    Texas tea, aka black gold, is found in many countries.

                    And energy technology in fossil fuel extraction, as well as nuclear proceeds at a rapid clip,

                    despite the massive PR campaigns, public hysteria, and fake news to the contrary.
                    Perhaps BKR will chime in...

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by goodlun View Post
                      i am too lazy to do it right now but you can see that this air port is very busy, there had to be other Air Craft in the Air at the time so this really cuts down on the chance that its was AA
                      https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airports/ika

                      Maybe a bomb or something to that ilk but then we really have to start looking for motive.
                      That is why I want to see if the passenger manifest had anyone interesting on it. The fact that the flight was Ukrainian is interesting. Russia and Iran are buds, but that isn't exactly a damning indictment. Iran seems perfectly willing to hand over the black boxes, at least. AA measures don't seem likely, but there are a lot of other ways to crash an airplane.

                      Most likely an tragic accident with coincidentally suspicious timing vs a deliberate incident. But still interesting.
                      "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
                        Perhaps BKR will chime in...
                        Until he does, here is some light reading on the subject:

                        https://www.rba.gov.au/publications/...ty-prices.html
                        2018 Male Purple Belt Adult No Gi
                        #2 Ranked Competitor - QBJJC

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by AprilRains View Post
                          you're killin' me here, Smalls
                          What Gonzo is saying is that it is a falsely inflated market. That actual supply far outweighs demand, so the various oil companies don't close but slow the tap to make it seem like there is a supply issue. DeBeers, for instance, could stop mining diamonds today, and still provide diamonds(at current demand rates) for the next 300-500 years. So why are diamonds(rocks that you can't eat and which can be artificially grown to greater perfection in a lab) so expensive? Because they have manipulated the market for the sake of profit.

                          Gonzo is saying that the Oil industry is doing the same thing. I've heard the same thing from friends that deal in the futures market, though myself I know nothing more than the average citizen about fuel prices(i.e. when the price at the pump goes up I pay more and want to blame someone).
                          Don't rely on theory if your life is at stake.

                          "But now that you've anointed him as truthsayer, you'll be complicit with what happens when the next Jew comes here and is lambasted by an ultrasecular Rabbi" -W.Rabbit/Pship/Emily Dickinson/Earth Dragon/Self Proclaimed Editor Extraordinaire

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Cassius View Post
                            That is why I want to see if the passenger manifest had anyone interesting on it.
                            I mean if they where Iranian just making them disappear is enough without blowing up a whole dang plane.
                            Fuck its easy enough to detain anyone inside of Iran as it is.
                            It doesn't make much sense as a state sponsored hit.
                            So I am far more inclined to believe that its a tragic accident with coincidental timing.
                            Especially since it was just serviced, I have seen enough mistakes in other maintenance activities that have caused catastrophic events to not be suspicious of that.

                            That is not to say, if evidence presents otherwise I wouldn't be SUPER shocked, but I have no call to start believing otherwise till that sort of evidence is shown.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by cualltaigh View Post
                              Until he does, here is some light reading on the subject:

                              https://www.rba.gov.au/publications/...ty-prices.html
                              I am not sure that is the best use of time, or at least, the ideas to start with.

                              Australia is the fourth leading producer of coal.

                              And has large shale deposits.

                              Australia has some ideal geo-location for hydro and wind power, and in part makes good use of them.

                              And Australia also has some power from solar.

                              Australia has slowed in drilling for more oil fields.

                              But, that may be as much political as due to scarcity of potential new oil fields.

                              Australia has no nuclear plants, in part due to very generous and cheap fossil fuel deposits,

                              and perhaps in part due to the old ooga booga hysteria over nuclear power.

                              Australia is the world's third largest producer of uranium,

                              and may have up to one third of the world's known uranium deposits.
                              Last edited by Dr. Gonzo; 1/08/2020 10:35pm, .

                              Comment


                                Spent the past couple of days looking over the various news reports and talking heads interviewing experts.

                                As expected. We're all in danger of WWIII. Driving home today, even NPR can't help themselves. Ask a question. Have the "expert" say his/her point and point out an alternative view. Let "expert" give expert view while the reporter never follows back up with any type rebuttal. This one was Adam Schiff. We've heard Pelosi, Warren, Biden et al.

                                The difference in how this as opposed to the former administration's actions were covered is night and day.

                                Anyone willing to give them a nod should maybe listen to this. It's five minutes of your life. A view you won't hear from the usual outlets, not at any length. Cause President Cheetolini.

                                Iran's people were not by any majority sad to see that fireball at the Iraq airport.

                                Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

                                http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

                                Comment

                                Collapse

                                Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                                Working...
                                X