Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Iran War now? Yea or nay?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Interesting anti shit for shit on my social media mostly the same inane dribble as normal, yep this outcome has already been accepted by the us population maybe not agreed with, but accepted. Dumb fucking move Iran, little do they get how much they will suffer as the standard US citizen keeps on keeping on with their standard way of life. Other than the poor young people that are asked to deal with this and their families.

    Comment


      Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
      Stuxnet was deployed because it was cheap as shit.

      Do you know what bombs cost?
      Stuxnet, even more so than Mustard Gas,

      was a weapon everyone had directly after it was discovered to be in use.

      It was hardly "cheap".

      Not to mention the Iranian counter strike on the US banking industry directly after Stuxnet was discovered.

      But Stuxnet was effective until discovered though, wasn't it....

      Comment


        Originally posted by hungryjoe View Post
        Expected. Or something such.
        Funny how quiet the Trump megathread has become at the same time.
        '�I am no advocate of passivity,� Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. �Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.�'

        My Glossary: https://www.bullshido.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=129294

        Comment


          Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
          It was hardly "cheap".

          Not to mention the Iranian counter strike on the US banking industry directly after Stuxnet was discovered.

          ....

          But Stuxnet was effective until discovered though, wasn't it....
          It was cheap to develop and deploy, compared to missiles and bombs on jets. And lives.

          Stuxnet bought some time.

          Time's up.
          '�I am no advocate of passivity,� Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. �Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.�'

          My Glossary: https://www.bullshido.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=129294

          Comment


            Originally posted by goodlun View Post
            Interesting anti shit for shit on my social media mostly the same inane dribble as normal, yep this outcome has already been accepted by the us population maybe not agreed with, but accepted. Dumb fucking move Iran, little do they get how much they will suffer as the standard US citizen keeps on keeping on with their standard way of life. Other than the poor young people that are asked to deal with this and their families.
            I'm all for blasting their military into submission,

            but you seem a smidge cocky about going into a fight.

            It's a fight, both parties are likely going to be a bit bloody by the end.

            And the costs will be enormous.

            Don't get me wrong, we're in a fight, now I am in it to win it,

            and to do so with whatever brutal violence and cost is required.

            But, let's not pretend blood on both sides will not flow,

            as will costs that will affect the people of both nations.

            And many civilian casualties, including children, which is very sad.

            Comment


              Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
              I'm all for blasting their military into submission,

              but you seem a smidge cocky about going into a fight.

              It's a fight, both parties are likely going to be a bit bloody by the end.

              And the costs will be enormous.

              Don't get me wrong, we're in a fight, now I am in it to win it,

              and to do so with whatever brutal violence and cost is required.

              But, let's not pretend blood on both sides will not flow,

              as will costs that will affect the people of both nations.

              And many civilian casualties, which is very sad.
              The biggest difference is that it will be a fight in their country it will be their cities it will be their civilization that suffers. We won't have blackout here, we won't food rations, the average citizen here isn't likely to feel it.
              The pain to the average citizen of each country will be vastly different.
              They are inviting a fight into their house.

              Comment


                Originally posted by goodlun View Post
                The biggest difference is that it will be a fight in their country it will be their cities it will be their civilization that suffers. We won't have blackout here, we won't food rations, the average citizen here isn't likely to feel it.
                The pain to the average citizen of each country will be vastly different.
                They are inviting a fight into their house.
                All it takes is a handful of people willing to die to take down the largest cultural sites in the US without firearms or other obvious public hysteria technologies.

                Not to mention huge, mass killing.

                Let's just see how the fight plays out before we get all cocky.

                Comment


                  We all agree on is that it would be best if Iran whups us, the UN sanctions us, and Europe sides with Iran, right? That way Trump will look bad. THAT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING.

                  Also the attacks in Iraq appear to have been typical Iran bitch move: clear provocation with invitation to escalate, yet ineffective in causing permanent damage. Pretty sure the U.S. got the better of this exchange, depending on the final BDA. Hopefully Trump gets creative and one ups the troll game without bombing Iran directly. Like getting Khomeini to take a DNA test or something. If not, I get that war is bad, but can we all just stand back and marvel at the fact that this could theoretically lead to a situation where two world leaders argue on social media while our troops meet on the battlefield. What a time to be alive!
                  "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

                  Comment


                    It would be good if this leads to the toppling of the regime from within. The Iranian people as a whole have suffered enough while the powers that be have carried on without need.

                    Not one boot on their soil.

                    There. I said "regime change".

                    Iran does not want a war they cannot in any way win. They hope to save face to allow them to continue their proxy path with a modicum of respect.

                    Armchair quarterbacking.
                    Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

                    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by hungryjoe View Post
                      It would be good if this leads to the toppling of the regime from within. The Iranian people as a whole have suffered enough while the powers that be have carried on without need.

                      Not one boot on their soil.

                      There. I said "regime change".

                      Iran does not want a war they cannot in any way win. They hope to save face to allow them to continue their proxy path with a modicum of respect.

                      Armchair quarterbacking.
                      Iranian women are hot.

                      Iranian wrestlers are demi-gods.

                      The food is pretty good.

                      Many Iranians make homemade wine and beer in secret in their basements.

                      What is not to love about the Iranian people?

                      Governments, well, they all leave something to be desired,

                      and are at best not quite fresh fish.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
                        All it takes is a handful of people willing to die to take down the largest cultural sites in the US without firearms or other obvious public hysteria technologies.

                        Not to mention huge, mass killing.

                        Let's just see how the fight plays out before we get all cocky.
                        It's not cockiness, it's a simple truth, we will bleed no questions about it, but actual war will be brought to their lands if their is a war. That will be terrible. This isn't glee this isn't boasting, this is the sad truth that they will have high explosive ordinance rained down on their lands. The US might stuffer terrorist strikes on soft targets and that too is terrible but the asymmetry of pain from having a war in your backyard will be profound. I feel for the people of that country if this ramps up.
                        I feel for the friends and family of our own military as well. It's dumb plain old fucking dumb to invite the most well funded military on the planet to bring death to your doorstep.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Cassius View Post
                          the attacks in Iraq appear to have been typical Iran bitch move: clear provocation with invitation to escalate
                          So much for Trump's chess playing. He was sucked in, just like Putin and Kim sucked him in.
                          '�I am no advocate of passivity,� Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. �Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.�'

                          My Glossary: https://www.bullshido.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=129294

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by goodlun View Post
                            It's not cockiness, it's a simple truth, we will bleed no questions about it, but actual war will be brought to their lands if their is a war. That will be terrible. This isn't glee this isn't boasting, this is the sad truth that they will have high explosive ordinance rained down on their lands. The US might stuffer terrorist strikes on soft targets and that too is terrible but the asymmetry of pain from having a war in your backyard will be profound. I feel for the people of that country if this ramps up.
                            I feel for the friends and family of our own military as well. It's dumb plain old fucking dumb to invite the most well funded military on the planet to bring death to your doorstep.
                            Do you really believe Iran can't murder your whole family, right now, using domestic means?

                            Especially you. Everything you've ever posted is on the table, so to speak. As is mine.
                            '�I am no advocate of passivity,� Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. �Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.�'

                            My Glossary: https://www.bullshido.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=129294

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by goodlun View Post
                              It's dumb plain old fucking dumb to invite the most well funded military on the planet to bring death to your doorstep.
                              I was not aware China had responded, yet.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
                                So much for Trump's chess playing. He was sucked in, just like Putin and Kim sucked him in.
                                Yeah, yeah, yeah.

                                Trump hate, Trumpity, Cheeto, Trump-hysteria, bloobity bloobity bloob.

                                This was a long time coming,

                                and Obama did nothing but enable and delay it.

                                We're in a fight.

                                Let's win it, now.

                                Comment

                                Collapse

                                Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                                Working...
                                X