Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Iran War now? Yea or nay?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    Originally posted by goodlun View Post
    So you want to provide them with material support, training, and stability against others who also may hate their government but don't agree with the guys where like hey your now in charge?
    If the US destroyed the power of the current Iran government to enforce itself, but chose not to occupy it, is that not enough? What power would it hold over its people with no stick to keep them in line?

    You think other countries want to take on 82 million refugees?

    Comment


      #32
      Originally posted by lant3rn View Post
      If the US destroyed the power of the current Iran government to enforce itself, but chose not to occupy it, is that not enough? What power would it hold over its people with no stick to keep them in line?

      You think other countries want to take on 82 million refugees?
      You seem to be arguing my point for me. Regime change means occupation. Occupation is where the US gets mired down in shit.

      Comment


        #33
        Originally posted by goodlun View Post
        You seem to be arguing my point for me. Regime change means occupation. Occupation is where the US gets mired down in shit.

        Comment


          #34
          Originally posted by lant3rn View Post
          I’m not though... beat their military down and I think revolution would be inevitable.
          Have you not learned any lessons from recent history about what happens when you do this?
          https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ors-isis-jihad
          https://www.cfr.org/backgrounder/ira...dam-insurgency
          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taliban_insurgency

          Or a better link:
          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bellig...rian_Civil_War
          The number of factions that have popped up in Syria is exactly what you would see with or without an occupation the difference is with an occupation at least one of them has some backing that offers stability so that no one needs to take on 82 million refugees.
          Last edited by goodlun; 1/02/2020 11:22pm, .

          Comment


            #35
            Originally posted by lant3rn View Post
            I’m not though... beat their military down and I think revolution would be inevitable.
            We're not talking small numbers here. This scenario is still enormously expensive, costly and with all the same risks of what happened in Iraq and Syria. A destabilized central government in any of these places during a hot war and this will be Iraq all over again as we stay there to help the new government rebuild. If we don't, it would be like throwing the whole thing to the sharks like what happened in Afghanistan with the Taliban after the major fighting was over.

            No small stakes.

            A few hours ago nobody thought war with Iran was on the immediate horizon and now it's looming larger than any point since the 1970s.

            That's not good statesmanship, that's a direct escalation and I'm not convinced it isn't just for Trump's personal benefit.

            It's what he said Obama was going to do to get re-elected (irony of irony). The thought has at least occurred to him and I'm not sure it didn't stick somewhere in his brain pan.
            "Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

            Comment


              #36
              And one last thing before I run out an errand. Who wants to be Russia, once again, profits from this and winds up getting everything they want?
              "Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

              Comment


                #37
                Originally posted by goodlun View Post
                https://www.theatlantic.com/amp/article/577030

                Comment


                  #38
                  Originally posted by Dung Beatles View Post
                  And one last thing before I run out an errand. Who wants to be Russia, once again, profits from this and winds up getting everything they want?
                  Another Proxy war where Russian arms are proven to be total shit compared to whats advertised?

                  Comment


                    #39
                    Originally posted by Dung Beatles View Post
                    We're not talking small numbers here. This scenario is still enormously expensive, costly and with all the same risks of what happened in Iraq and Syria. A destabilized central government in any of these places during a hot war and this will be Iraq all over again as we stay there to help the new government rebuild. If we don't, it would be like throwing the whole thing to the sharks like what happened in Afghanistan with the Taliban after the major fighting was over.

                    No small stakes.

                    A few hours ago nobody thought war with Iran was on the immediate horizon and now it's looming larger than any point since the 1970s.

                    That's not good statesmanship, that's a direct escalation and I'm not convinced it isn't just for Trump's personal benefit.

                    It's what he said Obama was going to do to get re-elected (irony of irony). The thought has at least occurred to him and I'm not sure it didn't stick somewhere in his brain pan.
                    Afghanistan and Iran do not share the same history, culture or people... you both need to stop being ignorant about that.

                    You and goodlun think all brown people are the same or something?

                    Comment


                      #40
                      Originally posted by lant3rn View Post
                      It’s a tangled web, the connection your making is not as cut and dry as your presentation
                      Show me One single power vacuum in all of human history that hasn't lead to more violence, death, destruction, instability, and a civil war of some kind?

                      Comment


                        #41
                        Originally posted by lant3rn View Post
                        Afghanistan and Iran do not share the same history, culture or people... you both need to stop being ignorant about that.

                        You and goodlun think all brown people are the same or something?
                        Oh bravo, good trolling I thought for a hot min you where being serious in this thread but I should have known no one could be so fucking stupid to think creating a power vacuum would be good for a country.
                        But now I know your just trying to troll so its all good.
                        Bravo Bravo, I normally don't get so deeply trolled by people on here.

                        Comment


                          #42
                          Originally posted by goodlun View Post
                          Oh bravo, good trolling I thought for a hot min you where being serious in this thread but I should have known no one could be so fucking stupid to think creating a power vacuum would be good for a country.
                          But now I know your just trying to troll so its all good.
                          Bravo Bravo, I normally don't get so deeply trolled by people on here.
                          I might be agitating you, but that’s your fault.

                          War always leaves a power vacuum for the conquered, your naive enough to think you can put that chaos in a bottle.
                          Last edited by lant3rn; 1/02/2020 11:52pm, .

                          Comment


                            #43
                            Originally posted by goodlun View Post
                            Show me One single power vacuum in all of human history that hasn't lead to more violence, death, destruction, instability, and a civil war of some kind?
                            That is the nature of war... you should probably accept those things as part of it. As I have.

                            If don’t like what I have to say, then try Hemingway.

                            “Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime.“
                            Last edited by lant3rn; 1/02/2020 11:53pm, .

                            Comment


                              #44
                              Originally posted by lant3rn View Post
                              I might be agitating you, but that’s your fault.
                              Not agitated at all, I just really though you where smart enough to understand the problem was a power vacuum and not a cultural problem.
                              However apparently your just a dumb ass oh well.

                              Originally posted by lant3rn View Post
                              War always leaves power vacuum, your naive enough to think you can put that chaos in a bottle.
                              What exactly have I said that gives you the idea that I think it can be put in a bottle, it seems that I have mentioned the problems with occupation, but I am not so fucking dumb as to think that a population is better off just straight up fending for itself.
                              Since that hasn't gone well ever during any time at all in history ever.

                              Its cool though I also just want to watch the middle east burn so lets fucking do this thing, we can literally wipe the Iranians military, religious, and political leaders off the map some where between a week and a month, then disappear.
                              Its fine, I am sure the humanitarian cost of that won't be staggering.

                              Comment


                                #45
                                Well just let China have it after we remove the government then they can take all the Iranian Oil they want that way.

                                Comment

                                Collapse

                                Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                                Working...
                                X