Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Iran War now? Yea or nay?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    It’s a gamble .

    Iran playing “you don’t want war nah nah nah nah nah” all the time whilst prodding .

    This policy choice has always been on the table but nobody took it .

    Trump has , Will it work remains to be seen .

    My gut feeling is that it will at least seam to work until after the election because that would be the wise move for Iran because they will know that if Bernie gets in they can start acting up again .

    If trump wins again they may go bat shit or take the bloody nose , who knows ?
    King without a crown

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by PDA View Post
      It’s a gamble .

      Iran playing “you don’t want war nah nah nah nah nah” all the time whilst prodding .

      This policy choice has always been on the table but nobody took it .

      Trump has , Will it work remains to be seen .

      My gut feeling is that it will at least seam to work until after the election because that would be the wise move for Iran because they will know that if Bernie gets in they can start acting up again .

      If trump wins again they may go bat shit or take the bloody nose , who knows ?
      Wouldn't surprise me if Russia and China are sitting their whispering in their ear saying don't worry you got this.

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by Dung Beatles View Post
        Suliemani was a shitbag bastard but now we've thrown the entire region into chaos. Is there a military plan now or a political one? If so, whose plan and what is it?
        Damn, you're so right. The middle east was a model of tranquility and harmonious living, until Trump.
        Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

        Comment


          #19
          Straw man and you know it.

          Nothing to do with what I said or have said. It is possible to make a bad situation worse and you seem to be banking on the plausible deniability that Hillary would have been worse. Fuck that. This is what's happening now in the real world.

          The buck stops with the current occupant.
          "Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by PDA View Post

            My gut feeling is that it will at least seam to work until after the election
            I don't think Iran can wait that long. They can't appear weak like that to the home team. If they get struck like this there will be terrorist acts of reprisal at the minimum. No if's about that.
            "Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

            Comment


              #21
              My current views are the result of a life long study of history. + numerous conversations with familial friends from Pakistan, Iran, China, India and others, at my or their's home tables. In their countries or mine.
              Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

              http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by Dung Beatles View Post
                Straw man and you know it.

                Nothing to do with what I said or have said. It is possible to make a bad situation worse and you seem to be banking on the plausible deniability that Hillary would have been worse. Fuck that. This is what's happening now in the real world.

                The buck stops with the current occupant.
                Well to be fair we don't know if ANYTHING is happening.
                The move closer to war has a lot of other factors other than just the fact that Trump is in office.
                Iran hasn't exactly been a good actor in the region:
                https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_a...ored_terrorism
                https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irania...rian_Civil_War
                https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_and_ISIL

                Comment


                  #23
                  War is not concerned with justice, it is an exercise in power.

                  musing about who deserves what action and to which end is only good for your conscience.

                  So if there is conflict, I hope it ends quickly. So the suffering is minimized as much as possible.

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by Dung Beatles View Post
                    Straw man and you know it.
                    No, it's not a straw man. You literally just blamed middle east chaos on Trump.

                    Originally posted by Dung Beatles View Post
                    The buck stops with the current occupant.
                    And, there, you did it, again!
                    Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Originally posted by lant3rn View Post
                      So if there is conflict, I hope it ends quickly. So the suffering is minimized as much as possible.
                      For that there has to be clear objects that don't result in regime change and occupation.
                      If we are fine without regime change then it can be over in a week.
                      If we have to dispose the government and instate a new one, well that is when we run into long protracted civil war bullshit that gets our troops killed and demonized.

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Originally posted by goodlun View Post
                        Well to be fair we don't know if ANYTHING is happening.
                        The move closer to war has a lot of other factors other than just the fact that Trump is in office.
                        Iran hasn't exactly been a good actor in the region:
                        https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_a...ored_terrorism
                        https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irania...rian_Civil_War
                        https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_and_ISIL
                        Yeah. Iranian military and domestic leadership seem to be easily provoked unstable psychopaths. Definitely didn't happen in a vacuum. Suliemani was a rabid dog but now there's a military power vacuum in an already unstable hyper-militaristic violent regime. The Qud's will be chomping at the bit for revenge and this is a country already obsessed with revenge over any perceived slight.

                        China and Russia both are holding Joint military exercises over there right now. This situation is a potential powder keg of what could go wrong.
                        "Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Originally posted by goodlun View Post
                          For that there has to be clear objects that don't result in regime change and occupation.
                          If we are fine without regime change then it can be over in a week.
                          If we have to dispose the government and instate a new one, well that is when we run into long protracted civil war bullshit that gets our troops killed and demonized.

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Originally posted by Dung Beatles View Post
                            China and Russia both are holding Joint military exercises over there right now.
                            You don't say........

                            Also so when is the time to deal with an unstable psychopath?

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Originally posted by submessenger View Post
                              No, it's not a straw man. You literally just blamed middle east chaos on Trump.
                              So because the place is on fire it's OK to throw gasoline on it?


                              And, there, you did it, again!
                              Bullshit. His actions are on him. I didn't blame him for the fucking crusades.
                              "Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Originally posted by lant3rn View Post
                                there are plenty of people in Iran who hate their own government.
                                So you want to provide them with material support, training, and stability against others who also may hate their government but don't agree with the guys where like hey your now in charge?

                                Comment

                                Collapse

                                Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                                Working...
                                X