Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Iran, China, Russia start joint naval drills

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by MarysAngryDad View Post
    It’s simply not in any of the main players interests to not act like they are ready for war .

    The only way to be convincing is to actually be ready .

    As some of you have pointed out that is a risky game and leaves the door wide open for an idiot of which their are many to fuck up and kill us all .

    I fight don’t see much changing until the CIA works out how to start a revolution in China .

    Perhaps this Hong Kong thing is the beginning ?
    China will eventually implode. It's going to take awhile. There's a reason they don't want their people to see how the free world lives.
    Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by anthracite View Post
      China will eventually implode. It's going to take awhile. There's a reason they don't want their people to see how the free world lives.
      So this is actually one of the more, troubling things, is the Chinese Communist Party may need a war.
      Now they are not likely to pick the US for that purpose but they may not understand the resolve of America to protect its Allies.
      India is also too big, and everything else that is left are their allies, so it can get pretty sticky, though their are 3rd world countries especially in Africa that I suppose they could manufacturer a war with.
      Perhaps someone that they have loaned money, China does this thing called debt trap diplomacy where they purposely loan out more money than they know a country can repay in order to take strategic resources.
      Actually they are running into problems with one of the South American Countries I believe that isn't honoring the relinquishment of the strategic resource that they put up for collateral I believe. I think its a deep water port or something like that.
      Anyways the most likely thing is they will manufacturer a war in a country like that and of course that war will become a proxy war for us in some way.
      Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
      –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by goodlun View Post
        I really don't think Trump has taken a soft military stance on China or Asia at all.
        Other than demoralizing the military by attacking the US's greatest military leaders in the public square?

        Exercises, really? While he kowtows to Kim, Putin, and Assad?

        While he plays brinkmanship with enemy nations in the riskiest fashion of any president in recent memory?

        He's about as soft as a limp dick when it comes to supporting the military, and if anybody knows a damn thing about Trump prior to 2015, they know exactly why he dodged Vietnam.

        Money. Trump doesn't give a limp dick about Joe, either, so one has to wonder why Joe supports such a rotten despot.
        Last edited by W. Rabbit; 12/30/2019 11:08pm, .
        '“I am no advocate of passivity,” Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. “Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.”'

        My Glossary: https://www.bullshido.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=129294

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by Ice Hole View Post
          Other than demoralizing the military by attacking the US's greatest military leaders in the public square?

          Exercises, really? While he kowtows to Kim, Putin, and Assad?

          While he plays brinkmanship with enemy nations in the riskiest fashion of any president in recent memory?

          He's about as soft as a limp dick when it comes to supporting the military, and if anybody knows a damn thing about Trump prior to 2015, they know exactly why he dodged Vietnam.

          Money. Trump doesn't give a limp dick about Joe, either, so one has to wonder why Joe supports such a rotten despot.
          Don't shit up my China thread by turning it into a Trump thread we already have one of those.
          Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
          –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by goodlun View Post
            Don't shit up my China thread by turning it into a Trump thread we already have one of those.
            I have bad news: they are forever connected due to Trump's moral, ethical, and strategic failures as a leader, but specifically his failure as Commander and Chief.

            This is an Iran, China, and Russia thread, and I'm just getting started on Fearless Leader's bad maneuvers, but we can start with China if you prefer.

            I'm going to save Pardoning War Criminals in my back pocket for now, but proceed with your arguments. We have a lot of Chinese, Russian, Iranian incursions to go through, don't we.
            '“I am no advocate of passivity,” Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. “Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.”'

            My Glossary: https://www.bullshido.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=129294

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by anthracite View Post
              I'm glad you quoted that. I see Wrabbit is still full of shit.
              Oooh

              The tool didn't like that one.

              Look asshat. You pontificate on shit you know little to nothing about. If you didn't have a search engine at hand you'd be crippled.

              You know squat about world affairs, the military or how to fix a generator.

              Go ahead and bang out a reply. I won't see it. In 13 years you're the only poster on this site I've put on ignore. Debate and banging heads here doesn't bother me. Losing brain cells every time I read your tripe does.

              Piss off.
              Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

              http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by anthracite View Post
                Oooh

                The tool didn't like that one.

                Look asshat. You pontificate on shit you know little to nothing about. If you didn't have a search engine at hand you'd be crippled.

                You know squat about world affairs, the military or how to fix a generator.

                Go ahead and bang out a reply. I won't see it. In 13 years you're the only poster on this site I've put on ignore. Debate and banging heads here doesn't bother me. Losing brain cells every time I read your tripe does.

                Piss off.
                Rep whining is unbecoming a United States Marine.

                Yep, I read that in Mattis' book too. Do you want to know General Mattis' opinions on the subject matter of this thread? Happy to oblige.

                Try not to get too triggered by criticism of Trump's demoralization of the military. I know it's tough to bear, but hang in there.
                Last edited by W. Rabbit; 12/30/2019 11:33pm, .
                '“I am no advocate of passivity,” Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. “Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.”'

                My Glossary: https://www.bullshido.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=129294

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by goodlun View Post
                  if you haven't been following along cause your too busy worrying about Billionaires and what genitals someone has vs what bathroom they go into
                  OK, in all honesty, I missed this important part, but you have to keep in mind, Donald Trump doesn't run "The Apprentice" anymore.

                  He commands the Secretaries of Defense. Many, it turns out. Of all the President's roles, this is the one that matters most and he's the worst at it, but you're surprised and making threads about naval maneuvers?

                  While the shadows of Putin chip away at NATO, this right here is why all our enemy forces have been emboldened. Trump is literally asleep at the wheel.

                  '“I am no advocate of passivity,” Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. “Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.”'

                  My Glossary: https://www.bullshido.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=129294

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by goodlun View Post
                    So this is actually one of the more, troubling things, is the Chinese Communist Party may need a war.
                    Now they are not likely to pick the US for that purpose but they may not understand the resolve of America to protect its Allies.
                    India is also too big, and everything else that is left are their allies, so it can get pretty sticky, though their are 3rd world countries especially in Africa that I suppose they could manufacturer a war with.
                    Perhaps someone that they have loaned money, China does this thing called debt trap diplomacy where they purposely loan out more money than they know a country can repay in order to take strategic resources.
                    Actually they are running into problems with one of the South American Countries I believe that isn't honoring the relinquishment of the strategic resource that they put up for collateral I believe. I think its a deep water port or something like that.
                    Anyways the most likely thing is they will manufacturer a war in a country like that and of course that war will become a proxy war for us in some way.
                    Ne Obliviscaris

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Originally posted by anthracite View Post
                      Oooh

                      The tool didn't like that one.

                      Look asshat. You pontificate on shit you know little to nothing about. If you didn't have a search engine at hand you'd be crippled.

                      You know squat about world affairs, the military or how to fix a generator.

                      Go ahead and bang out a reply. I won't see it. In 13 years you're the only poster on this site I've put on ignore. Debate and banging heads here doesn't bother me. Losing brain cells every time I read your tripe does.

                      Piss off.
                      I'm pretty sure you don't mean any of that. You and Wabbit are besties and kid each other all the time. He told me so.

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Originally posted by Ice Hole View Post
                        Rep whining is unbecoming a United States Marine.
                        As someone who never even completed boot camp, you have no business commenting on anything like that.

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Originally posted by goodlun View Post
                          So this is actually one of the more, troubling things, is the Chinese Communist Party may need a war.
                          Now they are not likely to pick the US for that purpose but they may not understand the resolve of America to protect its Allies.
                          India is also too big, and everything else that is left are their allies, so it can get pretty sticky, though their are 3rd world countries especially in Africa that I suppose they could manufacturer a war with.
                          Perhaps someone that they have loaned money, China does this thing called debt trap diplomacy where they purposely loan out more money than they know a country can repay in order to take strategic resources.
                          Actually they are running into problems with one of the South American Countries I believe that isn't honoring the relinquishment of the strategic resource that they put up for collateral I believe. I think its a deep water port or something like that.
                          Anyways the most likely thing is they will manufacturer a war in a country like that and of course that war will become a proxy war for us in some way.
                          See, what bothers me most is that they MIGHT pick the US to start up with if they sense that we lack the political will to effectively prosecute a war against them. Our current political leadership, to include the last administration as well as this one, are not known for having such a political will and the last couple of engagements we got in to in Asia went less than stellar for us.

                          China wouldn't even have to DO all that much, just keep escalating the tensions and pushing at the right moments and we will keep backing down. That strategy will serve them well for years.
                          By the time we elect political leadership with the will to actually commit to and win an armed conflict, they will have increased their power significantly or moved on to a different plan.
                          And, like you say here, a proxy war might be the best way to do that. But another good way would be an "international incident" like what happened a lot with the Russians during the cold war. And that means American lives lost.

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Originally posted by Ice Hole View Post
                            Rep whining is unbecoming a United States Marine.

                            Yep, I read that in Mattis' book too. Do you want to know General Mattis' opinions on the subject matter of this thread? Happy to oblige.

                            Try not to get too triggered by criticism of Trump's demoralization of the military. I know it's tough to bear, but hang in there.
                            Rabbit, perhaps you should piss off rather than comment on United States service people.

                            Insult Joe on his personal (de)merits if you must.
                            Last edited by Dr. Gonzo; 12/31/2019 8:51am, .

                            Comment


                              #29
                              @asshat

                              I never mentioned rep you cry baby. You wouldn't make it one week in any bootcamp. Boy Scouts would eat your lunch.

                              @everyody else

                              Sorry to dirty up the thread.
                              Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

                              http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Originally posted by AcerTempest View Post
                                See, what bothers me most is that they MIGHT pick the US to start up with if they sense that we lack the political will to effectively prosecute a war against them. Our current political leadership, to include the last administration as well as this one, are not known for having such a political will and the last couple of engagements we got in to in Asia went less than stellar for us.

                                China wouldn't even have to DO all that much, just keep escalating the tensions and pushing at the right moments and we will keep backing down. That strategy will serve them well for years.
                                By the time we elect political leadership with the will to actually commit to and win an armed conflict, they will have increased their power significantly or moved on to a different plan.
                                And, like you say here, a proxy war might be the best way to do that. But another good way would be an "international incident" like what happened a lot with the Russians during the cold war. And that means American lives lost.
                                I am a bit ashamed of the US response in Crimea. As far as wars go in Asia, yeah, but there are a couple of factors there in that in both Vietnam and Korea we allowed China to funnel weapons, food, soldiers, and other material supplies into those countries and in both cases those where civil wars we shouldn't have been involved in.
                                The US does very well in fighting a country, it becomes very difficult to become embedded in other people Civil Wars.
                                Look at the last Iraq war, we took Iraq apart easily, then the phase of what to do with them afterwards, the peace keeping, the propping up a government, the training the police and army forces, all during a terrible civil war.

                                I am going to tell you this we would take China apart really quickly as in destroy their Command and Control, their Air Defense, Military installations, all of that we would have air superiority despite the newer anti-air capabilities they think they have. Really comes down to how many strategic civilian targets we are willing to hit. IE Dams, Coal plants, Factories, Food Distribution centers, highways, railways, bridges, ect.
                                Engaging in a ground war with conventional forces we would do fine as well.
                                The after math though where you have 1 billion people trying to via for political control now that is what we would have to stay the fuck out of.
                                Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
                                –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

                                Comment

                                Collapse

                                Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                                Working...
                                X