Iran, China, Russia start joint naval drills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For people paying attention to whats going on in the Indian Ocean and south China sea.

https://www.france24.com/en/20191227...Rjx8YL8hKQbCG8

Here is some background information on the various tensions in the area if you haven't been following along cause your too busy worrying about Billionaires and what genitals someone has vs what bathroom they go into:
    https://www.cfr.org/interactive/glob...outh-china-sea

This should all be interesting, I am not suggesting that we are close to any sort of armed conflict in the area but we march closer everyday and at a pace that is faster than what most people think it is.
    Still a few years out in my estimation, likely when the shadow lending bubble in china burst.

US Navy should show up and join in too. Just to be friendly !
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post
      US Navy should show up and join in too. Just to be friendly !
      Fun fact, they often do!!

Comment

There are many hysteria campaigns I disregard.

But I find these operations creepy,

Given the current US entanglements to “police” the middle east.

It’s not like they are new,

but farts in the wrong direction can escalate into

prolonged, expensive, and bloody actions, including war.

China is a real superpower,

and sophisticated enough to run publicity

on these operations just to signal displeasure or to gain leverage

in trade negotiations.

China plays international chess as well as any,

and has the muscle, population, economy, technology, and arms

to go toe to toe with anyone.

Hopefully its a trade negotiation tactic regarding China’s public participation,

That is quickly resolved.
        Last edited by Dr. Gonzo; 12/27/2019 6:25pm, .

Comment

So I am trying to not be hyperbolic about any of this, the situation is bad, not likely to end in shooting bad any time soon.
          However the things that will move us their quicker than later: China becoming closer and closer to being in parity with US military capabilities or the more emboldened they get by forming allies in the region.
          I am not saying war is guaranteed, that would be foolish and hyperbolic and a bit xenophobic.
          They are a bad actor in the region a region where we do have treaties with states that China is a particularly bad actor towards.
          Noteably the Tawiian, the Philipines, and Japan.
          They also have stirred up tensions with India that boiled a lot hotter than what many people are aware of.
          https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...db6_story.html

A lot of these tensions are pre-trade war and even pre-Trump, so some of this grand standing ins't as related to those issues as one would hope.
          Simple fact is they have been building up military assets in the region for a long time including Military bases on man made islands to extend their borders this is never great.

Comment

Originally posted by goodlun View Post
            So I am trying to not be hyperbolic about any of this, the situation is bad, not likely to end in shooting bad any time soon.
            However the things that will move us their quicker than later: China becoming closer and closer to being in parity with US military capabilities or the more emboldened they get by forming allies in the region.
            I am not saying war is guaranteed, that would be foolish and hyperbolic and a bit xenophobic.
            They are a bad actor in the region a region where we do have treaties with states that China is a particularly bad actor towards.
            Noteably the Tawiian, the Philipines, and Japan.
            They also have stirred up tensions with India that boiled a lot hotter than what many people are aware of.
            https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...db6_story.html

A lot of these tensions are pre-trade war and even pre-Trump, so some of this grand standing ins't as related to those issues as one would hope.
            Simple fact is they have been building up military assets in the region for a long time including Military bases on man made islands to extend their borders this is never great.
            Talk about crashing the world economy if the US and China get into it militarily.

Yes companies are so heavily invested in China there must be a lot of pressure from them at the top of our government to not go too hard on China I mean just look at the eight years of the Obama Administration.
            Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post
              Talk about crashing the world economy if the US and China get into it militarily.
              Both sides would have to succumb to temporary insanity to do that. Which is not to say it can't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by AprilRains View Post
                Both sides would have to succumb to temporary insanity to do that. Which is not to say it can't happen.
                The real problem is both the US and China have no problem bring bullies essentially when it comes to Diplomacy. China's debt trap diplomacy is going to cause serious problems in the 3rd world. This can create situations where two sides can't back down from one or the other.

The other side of things is both militaries do see each other as a threat and their have been some very hyperbolic statements from SR leadership on both ends.

Economics normally wins out, but something insane happening isn't completely out of the question.

Comment

China doesn't want a war with the US or her allies. We're by far their biggest trade customer and they hold a huge amount of our debt.

Still, they're heavily involved in military buildup and expansion in the South China Sea. It wouldn't take much to set off a regional conflict to save face.

Then there's their relationship with Russia and Iran. It's about each expanding their influence and reach.
                  Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

Comment

Originally posted by anthracite View Post
                    China doesn't want a war with the US or her allies. We're by far their biggest trade customer and they hold a huge amount of our debt.

Still, they're heavily involved in military buildup and expansion in the South China Sea. It wouldn't take much to set off a regional conflict to save face.

Then there's their relationship with Russia and Iran. It's about each expanding their influence and reach.
                    Yeah this is pretty much my assessment as well, no one "wants" war, and I don't want to sound like I think one will happen.
                    I am just pointing out that we are closer than a lot of people think.
                    Being closer isn't the same as being close, I don't think by any stretch that we are actually "close".

Comment

no one "wants" war
                      Many people want war. For honor, or profit. Every terrorist on the planet wants war, too, because it usually helps their cause inevitably, as we saw with the rise of ISIS. Using big strategic entities like "China" and the "US" and saying none of them want a war misses the fact that millions of people do want war, regardless of the best interests of state, including lots of people in various world militaries, who simply want to commit and engage.

That's not to say it's most people, I believe most people are relatively pacifist in nature and don't want to be anyway near a war.

Unfortunately, Trump has effectively abandoned US military supremacy in the Eastern Hemisphere to a joint coalition of dictators. "America First", right. More like alone, imo.
                      '�I am no advocate of passivity,� Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. �Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.�'

My Glossary: https://www.bullshido.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=129294

Comment

King without a crown

Comment

Originally posted by Ice Hole View Post
                          Unfortunately, Trump has effectively abandoned US military supremacy in the Eastern Hemisphere to a joint coalition of dictators. "America First", right. More like alone, imo.
                          I am not sure this is accurate, we have stepped up our Military exercises in the south china sea, continue to do freedom of navigation drills, get right up onto of Chinese war ships, continue to support our allies in the region.
                          We don't shy away from the three T words that will get you in trouble in China, Tibet, Tiananmen square, Taiwan. We are fully staffed at all the bases in the region.
                          We have instances like this:
                          https://www.businessinsider.com/the-...ina-sea-2019-5

We continue to try and push for technological supremacy, and a part of this whole space force stuff is to secure space including communication satellites.
                          Their is even a strategic push towards LEO that is moving faster cause a LEO network is more resilient to attack.
                          The Military is leaning very heavily on its contractors about Cyber security as well as pushing for better cyber war fighting capabilities in order to combat China.

I really don't think Trump has taken a soft military stance on China or Asia at all.

Comment

I am not sure this is accurate, we have stepped up our Military exercises in the south china sea, continue to do freedom of navigation drills, get right up onto of Chinese war ships, continue to support our allies in the region.
                            We don't shy away from the three T words that will get you in trouble in China, Tibet, Tiananmen square, Taiwan. We are fully staffed at all the bases in the region.
                            We have instances like this:
                            https://www.businessinsider.com/the-...ina-sea-2019-5

We continue to try and push for technological supremacy, and a part of this whole space force stuff is to secure space including communication satellites.
                            Their is even a strategic push towards LEO that is moving faster cause a LEO network is more resilient to attack.
                            The Military is leaning very heavily on its contractors about Cyber security as well as pushing for better cyber war fighting capabilities in order to combat China.

I really don't think Trump has taken a soft military stance on China or Asia at all.
                            I'm glad you quoted that. I see Wrabbit is still full of shit.
                            Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

Comment

Originally posted by MarysAngryDad View Post
                              I fight don’t see much changing until the CIA works out how to start a revolution in China .
                              I suspect the CIA won't have to do anything at all China has some very serious Domestic issues that are likely to lead to it.
                              Including Household Income per Capita being roughly only 4,805.935 USD
                              A Fifth of China's Housing sitting empty, will stay empty due to the median cost being something like 300K
                              Social unrest do to the hukou system that makes their own citizens into illegal immigrants within their own cities
                              An aging population that has traditionally relied on children to take care of their elderly but children that are not financially able to do so.
                              An exit of capital out of the country, that is state capital turned into private profits that is being illegally taken out of country through Hong Kong
                              A Billionaire class that wants to break away from the Communist party.
                              Shadow Lending crisis, zombie companies, and unreal economic numbers pushed up from regional government to central government.
                              China is ripe for revolt, hence why they have a million person strong secret police force and engage heavily on spying on their people both domestically and internationally.
                              You would be shocked at how large of an organisation they have going to just spy on Chinese citizens that are abroad since they are that worried about dissidents.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X