This is why Gun Control is Contentious

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by anthracite View Post
    They don't write like that anymore. I don't think John would take umbrage with your change. Many of the founders were deists or possibly agnostics. One had to watch what one wrote or said, even in that time of enlightenment.
    I hope so, it feels a bit wrong to alter such an iconic statement

Freedom of Speech is an important concept, probably why the First Amendment was the first amendment.

Comment

Originally posted by lant3rn View Post
      I hope so, it feels a bit wrong to alter such an iconic statement

Freedom of Speech is an important concept, probably why the First Amendment was the first amendment.
      https://www.buckeyefirearms.org/gun-...unding-fathers
      Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

Comment

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined..."
        - George Washington, First Annual Address, to both House of Congress, January 8, 1790

I don't have any problem with someone who wants to defend themselves with a firearm, as long as they are ready to accept the responsibility for doing so.

Everybody likes the idea of personal freedom, I find that a lot less of those people are willing to accept their personal responsibility in being able to exercise it.

This is quagmire I find; concerning modern first world societies. The irresponsible I blame for nanny state solutions.

Comment

Originally posted by lant3rn View Post
          "A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined..."
          - George Washington, First Annual Address, to both House of Congress, January 8, 1790

I don't have any problem with someone who wants to defend themselves with a firearm, as long as they are ready to accept the responsibility for doing so.

Everybody likes the idea of personal freedom, I find that a lot less of those people are willing to accept their personal responsibility in being able to exercise it.

This is quagmire I find; concerning modern first world societies. The irresponsible I blame for nanny state solutions.
          You still don't quite get it.

I know you are trying.

You are still moralizing about whether you should eat a doughnut.

Quiet your mind, and eat the doughnut or not,

but shut up about it.

Similarly, own a gun or not.

See to your own defense or not.

But, either do or do not.

If wanted to hear about shoe colors,

I would pretend to listen to my wife

and twist a fork in my palm under the table to stay awake.

Comment

Originally posted by Krampus View Post
            You still don't quite get it.

I know you are trying.

You are still moralizing about whether you should eat a doughnut.

Quiet your mind, and eat the doughnut or not,

but shut up about it.

Similarly, own a gun or not.

See to your own defense or not.

But, either do or do not.

If wanted to hear about shoe colors,

I would pretend to listen to my wife

and twist a fork in my palm under the table to stay awake.
            The best jokes have some truth behind them. I have indeed bruised my thigh sitting through girl talk over the holidays with her sisters. But, ill be working this year, so ill enjoy some Monty python instead on my down time.
            Last edited by lant3rn; 12/14/2019 9:16pm, .

Comment

Originally posted by anthracite View Post
              As of last month, we here in Oklahoma are not required to have a carry permit to carry. USA!
              Welcome to the Idaho Club!
              Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

You sound pretty dumb.

I do not reject you.

But you sound dumb just the same.
                Product of his raisen...

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

John Adams,

Unlike Thomas Jefferson,

Was not just a poet,

But was a real world player with great execution.

I remain a fan of John Adams.

And, outside of his prose, a critic of Thomas Jefferson.
                  So true...

Buncha fucking smugglers!

Comment

Speak for yourself.

If somebody comes on my property,

I am the first responder,

My neighbors, armed, the second responders,

And when the Sheriffs deputies get here, they get here,

and find the situation well in hand when they do.
                    So this happens a lot? Or are we still living that Krav life where you are just walkingdown the street and have to badass people all the time?

I used to be the first responder when I attended break ins. I was armed with a torch. I know what you mean about response times knee rode a guy for 40 minutes waiting for some cops.
                    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
                    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

Comment

Originally posted by gregaquaman View Post
                      So this happens a lot? Or are we still living that Krav life where you are just walkingdown the street and have to badass people all the time?

I used to be the first responder when I attended break ins. I was armed with a torch. I know what you mean about response times knee rode a guy for 40 minutes waiting for some cops.
                      Short of a very few areas within a few cities, America is very safe.

Why did you need to knee ride another human being? Why on earth would you use a technique only good for subverting the free will of another on a human being? I don't know about you but I think it is too easy to gain access to martial arts training in your country. All those willy nilly belt systems create too many opportunities for vigilantism and mass assault. Probably best if the government takes over and creates a better way of assessing whether or not you can use martial arts to defend yourself.
                      "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Comment

I am a strong supporter of martial arts! I grew up doing BJJ, Muay Thai, MMA, CSW, and Judo for sport. Also I was in the military and can't fathom the horror of using techniques designed for war on the street with childrens' lives at stake. My credibility on the subject is above reproach because I am a veteran and thus all criticism will bounce off me and stick to you.

Comment

Did I mention I served in Iraq and Afghanistan? You're welcome for my service btw.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius View Post
                            Did I mention I served in Iraq and Afghanistan? You're welcome for my service btw.
                            Thank you for your service.

Comment

Thank you for your service.
                              Just to be clear I am parodying a politician right now and neither want not need any sort of gratitude for my service. My choice to serve was my own, and I got out of it what I put into it, and then some. To paraphrase what Phrost said probably over a decade ago, the military is a fantastic place for young people with limited purpose in life.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius View Post
                                Short of a very few areas within a few cities, America is very safe.

Why did you need to knee ride another human being? Why on earth would you use a technique only good for subverting the free will of another on a human being? I don't know about you but I think it is too easy to gain access to martial arts training in your country. All those willy nilly belt systems create too many opportunities for vigilantism and mass assault. Probably best if the government takes over and creates a better way of assessing whether or not you can use martial arts to defend yourself.
                                I used to do security and would arrest people. So before I was placed in a position to knee ride that guy I was licensed, trained and registered.

Otherwise the issue is scope. I think it would be basically impossible to murder 50 people at once using martial arts.

Unless I did Krav of course.

So say you create a super evil highly trained martial artist the police could still shoot him.
                                Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
                                http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X